View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Search for:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:58 pm 
Head Coach

Obviously, we had a fantastic year going 12-4 in the regular season. But there had to be guys who didn't live up to your expectations. List them and explain. Mine later.

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:26 pm 
Assistant Coach

Zack Miller: I thought under this new coaching staff he would be a monster to cover ( channeling my inner Stephen a Smith ) lol

seriously tho

This is going to make me seem naive , but Kevin White lol

I was hoping that with this new offense, new coaching staff, that suddenly it would click. He stayed health but obviously never showed anything in practice. Would have made a nice story.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:28 pm 
MVP

Running game in general.

Cohen's bad Barry Sanders impersonations and weird running for the sidelines at all costs (is that poor vision?) and Howard's sub 4 yards per carry average.

I think they get a little bit of a pass due to the questionable play calling surrounding the running game but you asked about expectations and I really thought the two of them in an offense like this could really put up some huge #'s... instead we have people asking about whether K Hunt would be worth a look...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:36 pm 
MVP

Umbali wrote:

This is going to make me seem naive , but Kevin White lol

I was hoping that with this new offense, new coaching staff, that suddenly it would click. He stayed health but obviously never showed anything in practice. Would have made a nice story.

When I saw the thread title, White is the first player that popped in to mind. His entire career has been one big let down. The bears really could have used him during the playoffs to have another big target to go to. His time as a bear is most likely over. Unfortunately he’ll probably got to the pats and go to the Super Bowl as their star receiver.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:09 pm 
Head Coach

Obviously, Parkey and White stand out. Maybe Sims, but who would've had expectations for him?

Mine... Adam Shaheen.
He looked like he was trending upward in TC before turning his ankle and missing the first half of the season. Then if it takes him November to get back in shape and into the swing of things, fine. But when he was healthy and ready to go at the end of the year, he played like nothing more than a backup. And almost invisible in the Eagles game with Burton out. I didn't expect a guy his size to be running around and doing everything. But he's built to be a chains mover TD scorer. And he didn't come close to living up to it.

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:27 pm 
Crafty Veteran

Shaheen is a good choice.

This space for rent.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:44 pm 
Crafty Veteran

I will give Shaheen the benefit of the doubt of being out for more than half the season, comes back against the Vikings and gets a 2 point conversion but endures a concussion on the play. Out the next week. Just tough to get into the offensive rhythm when you've been out for so long. I think Nagy just didn't call a lot of plays his way. He was showing a lot of promise in the preseason before he got hurt.

One thing that was disappointing to me was the fact that we were one of the worst teams in terms of YAC. We supposedly have speed at WR with Gabriel, Cohen out of the backfield, etc, I expected more explosive plays in the passing game from our WR's. I think Cohen was much better than Gabriel in terms of YAC - so I'll go with Gabriel's lack of YAC as my disappointment.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:12 pm 
Assistant Coach

The obvious choices of White and Shaheen have been mentioned already, so I'm going to go with Trey Burton. Not that he was a bust or even bad (he was 10th in receptions, 13th in yds, and 4th in TDs), but I thought he was going to be a much bigger part of the offense. When you consider that Shaheen was out for most of the season, the TE group as a whole was a bit underwhelming.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:37 pm 
MVP

How about Kyle Long? More so disappointing he can’t stay healthy.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:18 pm 
Mod

Burton. No question for me.