Staying Positive, Bears edition

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

GSH
MVP

After the week we've endured, we all have every right to be feeling low after a season long high. I wanted to temper the frustration with the positives of this year, please feel free to add to it and this can be my bears fans support group ;)

- Nagy had a really strong first year as a HC, we have a great offensive mind leading this team
- Mitch Trubisky showing real progression, is a leader and has this teams respect
- The players on Defence in the main core arent going anywhere and its a great position for any new DC hire to walk into and work his magic
- We ended the packers and vikings seasons miserably, DIVISION CHAMPS
- Kyle Long doesnt need surgery this offseason and generally speaking our playmakers made it through the season relatively unscathed. No serious leg breaks or arm snaps.
- Miller looks really good, his shoulder will get sorted out
- TARIK COHEN IS A BEAR
- KHALIL MACK IS A BEAR
- AKIEM HICKS, EDDIE GOLDMAN, EDDIE JACKSON, KYLE FULLER...ALL BEARS

what else has you stoked, rather than bummed, about this team? I'll take what i can get right now
G08
Hall of Famer

God bless you buddy... I am not there yet.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

Staying positive?

Have you seen this board? What...are you trying to take our identity away? Screw you pal!
GSH
MVP

:rofl:

fair enough, as you were gentlemen.
malk
Head Coach

Finding a DC is huge but, and I'm a massive pre-season optimist, I haven't been this excited about a Bears' season in Christ knows how long!

Outside of depth our only question marks on the roster are safety, nickel and right tackle. That's pretty incredible and whilst there isn't cap room to burn, we could sort them all plus have a solid option at safety in Bush and at least a flier at RT in Coward.

Plus there's so much scope for year 2 improvement. Nagy's playcalling, Trubisky's 2nd year in the scheme, the rest of the offence's 2nd year with the scheme and Trubisky. Nichols on an upward trajectory, Smith kicking on from his rookie year, a full offseason for Mack.

Hell, what if Nagy genuinely figures out a way to use Howard or we get his kind of back?!

And would anyone be blown away if Trubisky throws around 4000 yards with 30 TDs to 10 interceptions next year?

Absolutely we need to see if the defence takes a step back without Fangio but absent major injuries, they're just too good to be a bad defence, we're not going to hire Tucker!

Staying positive? By September someone will need to snatch the Kool-Aid from me before I predict 16-0!

I'll stick my neck out early, with Massie resigned but Amos and Callahan gone as the major changes from this year's roster, we go 13-3. How's that for staying positive?
"I wouldn't take him for a conditional 7th. His next contract will pay him more than he could possibly contribute.".

Noted Brain Genius Malk, Summer 2018.

(2020 update, wait, was I right...)
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

GSH wrote:After the week we've endured, we all have every right to be feeling low after a season long high. I wanted to temper the frustration with the positives of this year, please feel free to add to it and this can be my bears fans support group ;)

- Nagy had a really strong first year as a HC, we have a great offensive mind leading this team
- Mitch Trubisky showing real progression, is a leader and has this teams respect
- The players on Defence in the main core arent going anywhere and its a great position for any new DC hire to walk into and work his magic
- We ended the packers and vikings seasons miserably, DIVISION CHAMPS
- Kyle Long doesnt need surgery this offseason and generally speaking our playmakers made it through the season relatively unscathed. No serious leg breaks or arm snaps.
- Miller looks really good, his shoulder will get sorted out
- TARIK COHEN IS A BEAR
- KHALIL MACK IS A BEAR
- AKIEM HICKS, EDDIE GOLDMAN, EDDIE JACKSON, KYLE FULLER...ALL BEARS

what else has you stoked, rather than bummed, about this team? I'll take what i can get right now
That's a pretty complete list. I'd add:

-Hopefully they learned that when they identify a problem with a player that they need to address it before it costs us in a major situation. Parkey's performance was an issue for a while before that playoff game. Why didn't they get a new kicker?

-Anthony Miller. I had high hopes for him when he got drafted and wow am I impressed. He could find the end zone with his eyes closed. 7 TDs in a rookie season. He's a major threat in the red zone, but given the quality of WRs we have he won't get the #1 corner, but I think that won't last long.

-Bilal Nichols. What I saw of him was great. Just an immovable object capable of destroying the pocket but not frequently enough yet.

-The entire 2018 draft. Already today that draft looks like a home run. Hopefully three years from now we can say the same thing.
BuddyRyans46
Practice Squad

"we have a great offensive mind leading this team"

^^I will wait until Trubisky no longer has as many DOWNS as UPS from game to game, and until Nagy actually propels this offense's efficiency into the Top 10 league-wide, before I crown him as a "great offensive mind." This offense was a bottom 11-12 NFL offense this year...if that is what qualifies him as a "great offensive mind" God help us all.
wab
Mod

BuddyRyans46 wrote:"we have a great offensive mind leading this team"

^^I will wait until Trubisky no longer has as many DOWNS as UPS from game to game, and until Nagy actually propels this offense's efficiency into the Top 10 league-wide, before I crown him as a "great offensive mind." This offense was a bottom 11-12 NFL offense this year...if that is what qualifies him as a "great offensive mind" God help us all.
You are treading perilously close to troll status.
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

Your are a patient man wab
DaSuperfan
Crafty Veteran

I agree with the positives. I'm not as down on this team as some might be and I have confidence in Trubisky/Nagy to really take some big steps next season in year 2 of the offense.

I was wondering what everyone thought of Trey Burton's first season as a Bear? I've read some articles that he was disappointing this year and I actually thought he was the exact opposite. He was exactly what this team needed from the Y TE position. He creates mismatches and was a pretty reliable receiver. Now, the whole situation the night before the playoff game has me a bit worried - but overall I thought he did well.
Never Die Easy
VA_Mountain_Bear
Crafty Veteran

Jezz man, you make the average pessimist seem cheerful. Have a little Robin Williams to lighten up man. Laugh, it's good for ya.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMsrE-9CLFg
GSH
MVP

what's the over/ under of this buddyryan new poster contributing to a thread this year that doesnt annoy everyone?

POSITIVE bro, theres a clue in the title. take that shit outside!
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

You went full retard there..........never go full retard.
docc
Head Coach

southdakbearfan wrote:

You went full retard there..........never go full retard.
..sorry BR46..but Cody Parkey has God all wrapped up..