Nagy reactions to Parkey and Hunt

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

BearsFanInMN
Crafty Veteran

I think end of the day this is clearly sending the beginning of a we don't think Parkey can help us win moving forward but Kareem Hunt could message. I agree the Today interview probably isn't much different than the Peter King interview. I think it will be played as different by management as Parkey was more about Parkey as the face of the team loss, while Hicks is about his success as part of the team. Not saying I agree or have seen the Hicks interview.

I can see being mad about the interview more based on the history with Marshall and such. That said I also commend how he's handled himself because as one Chicago media member said he didn't win the game, he just didn't lose it. I think it's more correct in that he was not the only one who lost it.

I think it's also easier for people to vilify Parkey due to recency bias and harder to say A-Rob should've got two feet in bounds, the D shouldn't have kept a TD drive alive twice on penalties, etc. It's easier to point to the scrawny dude who doesn't hit or get hit and fault him than the guys that do. Just like I think it's easier for people to blame Bartman because he looked like a nerd, even though others reached for and may have touched the ball, Gonzalez who was there for his D muffed a routine DP ball, Prior lost all mental focus, etc.
MOTML League: Eskimo Brothers
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote: Regarding Kareem Hunt. That was a weather balloon. I think that they expected the question to be asked. Nagy was honest. Said he talked to him about his life and how he was doing, and nothing about football. Pace backed it up with, we're nowhere near the step of engaging Kareem Hunt yet. I would be really surprised if they went out and got him.
I've done a complete 180* on the kid after dissecting the original video and listening to the girl who said she was assaulted.

Go sign Hunt tomorrow.
Bearfacts
MVP

Pagan wrote:Parkey:
Before the weird "me 1st" PR stunt, & that's exactly what it was..
I would've said that the kid has a proven history of being a successful professional kicker, he had a slump year... like MLB pitchers or batters & would do well with an offseason reset with a bit of camp competition.
PR stunt aside I've posted on this already. He's not that successful. He's mostly inconsistent.

As a rookie he made the Pro Bowl then was injured badly and missed most of his second season. If he was all that and a bag of chips why did Philly let him go before his third season when he'd been a top PK?

Cleveland signed him where he was 20/25/80% and three of his five misses also hit an upright. So this accuracy issue of his began then. If Cleveland thought it was only a slump why did they release him?

Miami picks him up and kicking down south again he has a career year yet Miami allows him to leave.....why?

Desperate for some consistency we sign him for $9 mil guaranteed and once again kicking up north he's even worse than he was with Cleveland yet somehow can't seem to grasp that or cure his inaccuracy.

And remember the guy also missed 3 FGs in August so cold weather wasn't his only issue either.

He's like a golfer with a flaw in his swing he can't seem to correct and from what he said during that TV spot it's of far less of a concern to him than it should be now that he's collecting $9 mil and set up for the rest of his life. I'm not at all opposed to his professing his faith but IMHO God and his faith are not gonna cure his inaccuracy.
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

I listened to the pace and Nagy interview twice yesterday. Personally I think it’s all a media generated story and got zero inclination that either of them had any serious consideration yet.
G08
Hall of Famer

southdakbearfan wrote:I listened to the pace and Nagy interview twice yesterday. Personally I think it’s all a media generated story and got zero inclination that either of them had any serious consideration yet.
I agree. David Haugh on the radio, that dipshit, goes "The Bears talked about Hunt without his name even being brought up! I mean sure... they were ASKED about it, but..."

At that point I turned the radio off. Morons, all of them.

I do think Nagy is more open than most coaches so when he was being honest and said he spoke to Hunt a week ago, some people took it as him recruiting. Maybe he was, maybe he wasn't... (I hope he was :lol: )
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

AZ_Bearfan
MVP

G08 wrote:David Haugh on the radio, that dipshit, goes "The Bears talked about Hunt without his name even being brought up! I mean sure... they were ASKED about it, but..."
Pagan
MVP

A coiple quick things...

Again.. the Parkey & Hunt situations are still different.

The Parkey & Hicks interviews?
Don't know.. never heard Hicks latest interview, so I never voiced an opinion on it.
Though.. I would wager a guess that the latest Hicks interview wasn't all sappy & about himself above his team/teammates.

To Parkeys defense= Being on 4 teams is NOT a good obvious missed sign that he sucked.

Robbie Gould has been on 5 teams, he seems pretty ok...
BR0D1E86
MVP

Pagan wrote: Robbie Gould has been on 5 teams, he seems pretty ok...
3. Bears, NYG, SF. Not that it changes your point.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Signed as an UDFA by Pats in 2005. So 4.
wiNDycityfan
Pro Bowler

What’s the situation with Parkey? Is he still with the team? If yes, what are the plans for him? If he’ll be cut, any mention of replacements?
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

wiNDycityfan wrote:What’s the situation with Parkey? Is he still with the team? If yes, what are the plans for him? If he’ll be cut, any mention of replacements?
I would imagine he will go to camp with competition to see if he can get his head on straight.
wab
Mod

Best case scenario, Parkey is cut in March and designated a post June 1 cut. Likely scenario, he goes into camp next year trying to fight off two or three guys. Worst case scenario, they keep him as the kicker for 2019.