View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Search for:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:33 am 
Site Admin

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter
And the Bears’ attempts to replace kicker Cody Parkey officially are underway: Chicago is scheduled to work out former Jets kicker Nick Folk today, per source.

Nick Folk is hardly the only kicker the Bears are working out. There is a fairly wide net they are casting. There are likely to around 6-7 kickers working out, including Folk, per source. Early workout date for kickers.

@RapSheet
There are other kickers in this workout, including veteran Blair Walsh and Austin MacGinnis, who was in #Bears minicamp last year.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:46 am 
MVP

At least it's something in the way of attacking the issue.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2584 ... ce-kickers

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:06 am 
Rookie

UOK wrote:
Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter
And the Bears’ attempts to replace kicker Cody Parkey officially are underway: Chicago is scheduled to work out former Jets kicker Nick Folk today, per source.

Nick Folk is hardly the only kicker the Bears are working out. There is a fairly wide net they are casting. There are likely to around 6-7 kickers working out, including Folk, per source. Early workout date for kickers.

@RapSheet
There are other kickers in this workout, including veteran Blair Walsh and Austin MacGinnis, who was in #Bears minicamp last year.

Ryan pace is addressing the problem.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:14 am 
Site Admin

@FourStarChi
Per source, the #Bears are also working out Blair Walsh, Redford Jones, Ernesto Lacayo, Austin MacGinnis, and Josh Gable.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:24 am 
Head Coach

Gotta love a GM that doesn't screw around.

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:32 am 
Hall of Famer

UOK wrote:
@FourStarChi
Per source, the #Bears are also working out Blair Walsh, Redford Jones, Ernesto Lacayo, Austin MacGinnis, and Josh Gable.

Blair Walsh was a baller once upon a time... I hope he gets his shit together and wins this thing.

I have no idea who the rest of these dudes are.

"I don't care about numbers, I care about letters" -- Matt Nagy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:35 am 
Site Admin

G08 wrote:
UOK wrote:
@FourStarChi

Blair Walsh was a baller once upon a time... I hope he gets his shit together and wins this thing.

I have no idea who the rest of these dudes are.

Lacayo is a JAG who seems mildly interesting but hasn't proven to be a fit anywhere. He's jacked as fuck, for whatever that's worth.

Reford Jones is a guy out of Alabama who hasn't done anything.

MacGinnis is a JAG who had a cup of coffee with the Bears last year.

Josh Gable is interesting, in that he put together a lot of highlights to show his accuracy and kicking strength. I think the Pats had him in for a tryout before. Not sure if he's been on an NFL roster.

Lacayo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYPHJA8yQKo

Jones: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_JhG4hSAZA

MacGinnis: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmTMXbTndiY

Gable: https://vimeo.com/283785729

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:40 am 
Journeyman

I just don't know how much better any of these retreads will be vs the year Parkey just had. Yea, he was awful, but these guys were so bad they weren't even employed.

I want Robbie Gould and I don't care about the cap implications of that. We're a super bowl contender next year, and odds are a big kick will be required along that path to glory.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:54 am 
Site Admin

dplank wrote:
I just don't know how much better any of these retreads will be vs the year Parkey just had. Yea, he was awful, but these guys were so bad they weren't even employed.

I want Robbie Gould and I don't care about the cap implications of that. We're a super bowl contender next year, and odds are a big kick will be required along that path to glory.

Relevant:

CEmma670
56s
Teams can only work out players who were not rostered at season's end, so the Bears are getting a look at kickers presently eligible. Their kicking options aren't at all limited to this group.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:43 pm 
Mod

Walsh is interesting. He broke my heart more than once as a Viking and he was basically the best kicker in the NFL for three years. Then he straight up Parkey'd the Vikings in the playoffs in 2016 and did the same to the Seahawks at the end of the regular season the next year.

I love a good comeback story, and the dude used to be a legit star, but I think he's just sort of lost it.

Gable is a cool story being a soccer dude who REALLY wants to be a NFL kicker. And Lacayo looks more like an instagram fitness model than a football player.