All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Search for:

The over/under for sacks by Mack and Floyd together is 21 1/5
Over 65%  65%  [ 13 ]
Under 35%  35%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 20
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:05 pm 
Head Coach

Answer the poll and explain your answer.

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:31 pm 
Head Coach

Floyd will not get his share. Mack will end up with 12.5.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:47 pm 
Head Coach

I said over. But I think it could go either way. How many games will Floyd miss this year? One complicating factor is that Fangio likes to be unpredictable and sacks can come from anywhere. I can easily imagine Roquan putting up half a dozen.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:16 am 
MVP

I voted under because Floyd has a hard time staying healthy.

Now if we add up the rushers opposite Mack, then there's a good chance of the over being true.

Me thinks a goal this weekend needs to be getting my hands on a Mack jersey.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:35 am 
Head Coach

Can’t see the poll on tapa - but I’m guessing 20 combined sacks for Mack / Floyd (assuming health).

In my former life I was known as FencikFanatic.

Oh, and if you were wondering - yes I'm real. And I'm fantastic.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:29 am 
Head Coach

Hiphopopotamos wrote:
Can’t see the poll on tapa - but I’m guessing 20 combined sacks for Mack / Floyd (assuming health).
Over/Under 21.5

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:53 am 
Hall of Famer

Not sure that Floyd can stay healthy all year. My guess is he gets 7, and Mack gets 12.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:05 am 
Pro Bowler

One reason I never make prop bets like this is it's almost impossible to know how Fangio will scheme these guys.

I expect Mack to hit 10-12 sacks himself and possibly more due to lining up with Hicks. Floyd may hit double digits as well but he begins the season with a club on one hand, may drop into coverage more than we expect, or may be injured again and miss more starts. He's too much of a wild card to predict.

But Fangio has said and repeated this many times. To him consistent QB pressure is more important than occasional sacks. I expect we'll exceed the 42 sacks we had last year but how those are divvied up I can't say. What makes me salivate even more about Mack is even when he isn't quite getting home he brings pressure on an incredible number of passing downs and forces mistakes.

Given that Hicks, all three ILBs, RRH and even Goldman have shown they can pressure a passer or collapse a pocket I believe our greatest advantage is our scheme and the unpredictability of a QB not always knowing that beside Mack where pressure will come from.

At least in theory any of the front 7 could be rushing at any given time in any combination.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:46 am 
Journeyman

I went under because I don't believe in Floyd (hoping I'm wrong there obviously) and I think it'll take Mack a little bit to get adjusted.

I like Floyd as an all around Joker type player, but as a pure pass rusher he's just not strong/heavy enough to take on NFL lineman and win consistently. At least that's what we've seen thus far. I haven't given up on him at all, he may very well grow into a man body and start getting home with his rush - I sure hope so!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:18 am 
Hall of Famer

dplank wrote:
I went under because I don't believe in Floyd (hoping I'm wrong there obviously) and I think it'll take Mack a little bit to get adjusted.

I like Floyd as an all around Joker type player, but as a pure pass rusher he's just not strong/heavy enough to take on NFL lineman and win consistently. At least that's what we've seen thus far. I haven't given up on him at all, he may very well grow into a man body and start getting home with his rush - I sure hope so!

Keep in mind. It was Hicks and Floyd drawing all the double teams last year. No way offenses can double team everybody this year. Hicks is going to be a one man wrecking crew on the DL. I expect Floyd will see a lot of one on ones. He will beat most LT’s to the edge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk