Bears 2018 rookie class graded as one of best in NFL

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Bearfacts
MVP

Pace has done well. Especially with his 2nd round picks but Floyd, Trubisky and Smith have all been 1st round need picks who've shown up ready to play and have also shown growth as players.

I'm also excited about last years draft class.

The entire group made the team. Nichols and Wims both look like late round score and only Fitts lacked making any contributions so far. He has some tools but he's raw and could get better with some good coaching.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

wab wrote:I'd wager that this is the best three year stretch of drafts the Bears have had in their modern NFL history.
Bears Draft History:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/ ... /draft.htm

I can see that. We'd have to go back to some of the Angelo drafts and then the late 70s / early 80s where they were building the Super Bowl team. Just looking at the Angelo years, I don't see a draft, let alone three in a row, with the depth that Pace has done.

The 1981 through 1983 period sets a high bar, but that's well over 30 years ago.
mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

It's pretty early to grade a draft, but yes this is a promising draft. Don't be surprised if a player or 2 digresses next year. That's not preferred but could be natural.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

mmmc_35 wrote:It's pretty early to grade a draft, but yes this is a promising draft. Don't be surprised if a player or 2 digresses next year. That's not preferred but could be natural.

"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin