View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Search for:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:34 pm 
MVP

https://twitter.com/HBalzer721/status/1106030001563021312?s=20

Minor end of the roster churning news.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:20 am 
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Chicago Bears 2019 salary cap update 3/14/19:

Have right around $170M spent on Top 51 not including Mike Davis and Ted Larsen contracts. Would guess those two deals count around ~$4M in 2019, but will knock two $495k contracts off Top 51

Bears with roughly $19M in space left

"I don't care about numbers, I care about letters" -- Matt Nagy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:18 pm 
Mod

Kush moves on to the Browns.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:36 pm 
Journeyman

Not a whole lot of cap space left to make significant moves. They still have to sign rookies. Anyone know a general number of what that will cost?

I think at this point Pace might want to sit back and wait for some guys that get cut later in the offseason. They lost a few nice depth guys that they need to replace and find a kicker and LS. They will definitely take a RB in the draft and kicker / LS can usually be got as UDFAs.

My guess is they move Howard take that move up get the RB they want and grab some youth at CB, OL and DE in the draft.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:01 pm 
Site Admin

Pace has added:

• Strong Safety: HaHa Clinton-Dix, 1 yr, $3.5M - veteran starter
  • Nickel Corner: Buster Skrine, 3yr, $16.5M - veteran starter
  • Running Back: Mike Davis, 2yr, $6M - depth to replace Cunningham/Mizzell
  • Guard/Center: Ted Larsen, 1yr, $930K - veteran depth
  • Wide Receiver/Kick Returner: Cordarrelle Patterson, 2yr, $6M - depth

----

He ate crow on the bad kicker investment, eating money to dump the cancer that was Parkey. He's put in protections on a few valuable roster guys, and has opened up cap space with some shrewd contractual re-negotiations.

Credit to him for a solid offseason so far. I think there's more to go, but with a sturdy draft class and some of the 2017/18 young'ns coming into their own, this could be a glorious time.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:09 pm 
Mod

The more I look at Mike Davis...the more I think he's the Bears 1a back going into next season. I was hasty in saying he was likely the 3rd back. I think they have more planned for him than I initially expected.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:46 pm 
Hall of Famer

wab wrote:
The more I look at Mike Davis...the more I think he's the Bears 1a back going into next season. I was hasty in saying he was likely the 3rd back. I think they have more planned for him than I initially expected.

Welcome aboard homey :)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:46 pm 
Hall of Famer

UOK wrote:
Pace has added:

----

He ate crow on the bad kicker investment, eating money to dump the cancer that was Parkey. He's put in protections on a few valuable roster guys, and has opened up cap space with some shrewd contractual re-negotiations.

Credit to him for a solid offseason so far. I think there's more to go, but with a sturdy draft class and some of the 2017/18 young'ns coming into their own, this could be a glorious time.

I'm allowing myself to be happy again, this is a glorious fucking time and I can't God damned WAIT for football season to start up again!!!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:43 pm 
Journeyman

wab wrote:

Man I wish you would post those vids cause not that I don't like him I think he has the potential but I'm like you earlier and see him as a 3rd back. I'm in the boat that they will move up in second to get Sanders (God I hope so he just has that it factor) and Davis will be a short yardage type guy or see which RB coming off an injury drops and throw them in the 3rd spot for as long as Davis can hold them off and they're completely healthy. The money they threw at Davis is on the low end starter level but when Pace has said in the past he's going to fix a position he usually goes all out. I just have not seen video on Davis that screams starter at this point I firmly believe that's his biggest concern next to kicker...

I've been wrong in the past though lol...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:45 pm 
Journeyman

G08 wrote:
UOK wrote:
Pace has added:

----

I'm allowing myself to be happy again, this is a glorious fucking time and I can't God damned WAIT for football season to start up again!!!

Amen brother... When we're talking about a kicker, LS and RB being the only real concerns on the BEARS roster it is indeed good times LAMO.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next