View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Search for:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:46 am 
Site Admin

Davis is the Cunningham/Mizzell guy that doesn't make fans groan in confusion when he comes into the game. Yet.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:17 am 
Head Coach

mmmc_35 wrote:
wab wrote:
Funkster wrote:
Talk about a boner killer, one minute we’re talking about Bell and the next the bears sign Mike Davis.

He’s depth... what’s killing your boner?

Boners shouldn't be killed, all boners lives matter.
LOL

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:19 am 
Head Coach

Those of you who think Davis is a younger replacement for Cunningham are right I think. Those who think he also replaces Mizzell may be missing it. Mizzell is Cohen's backup. Davis isn't that. And I'm not a Mizzell fan in any way. But that's how I see it.

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:06 pm 
MVP

G08 wrote:
VA_Mountain_Bear wrote:
Have to agree with Wab on this one. He looks to be a replacement for Cunningham, not Howard. If Howard is going to be traded, then I imagine there are a couple RBs in the draft we are targeting. I doubt that Mike Davis is here to replace him.

I dunno man... he's awwwwfully similar to Kareem Hunt from a pure metrics standpoint:

Hunt:

5’10” 216 lb
4.62 40
18 bench reps
4.53 short shuttle
36.5 vertical
9’11” broad
7.22 3-cone

Davis:

5’9” 217 lb
4.61 40 (4.52 at Pro Day)
17 bench reps
4.18 short shuttle
34.0 vertical
9’8” broad
7.00 3-cone

No, I'm not saying this kid is going to be or is expected to be Kareem Hunt... but he's got some talent to him.

But you can’t base field play on metrics. Davis plays nothing like Hunt and has a problem staying healthy. After a sleep, I’m still scratching my head.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:19 pm 
Hall of Famer

PFF CHI Bears

@PFF_Bears
7m7 minutes ago
More
Mike Davis averaged 2.94 yards after contact per carry in 2018.

That's more than Joe Mixon (2.76), Alvin Kamara (2.75) and Jordan Howard (2.74) last year

"I don't care about numbers, I care about letters" -- Matt Nagy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:12 am 
Assistant Coach

this is fine if he is our third RB and occasional receiver

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:52 am 
MVP

ramentaschen wrote:

3M APY for a 3rd RB? Bears would have been better off singing Frank Gore if that were the case.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:41 pm 
Mod

Funkster wrote:
ramentaschen wrote:

3M APY for a 3rd RB? Bears would have been better off singing Frank Gore if that were the case.

Frank Gore is like 46yrs old tho

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:42 pm 
Hall of Famer

Funkster wrote:
G08 wrote:
VA_Mountain_Bear wrote:
Have to agree with Wab on this one. He looks to be a replacement for Cunningham, not Howard. If Howard is going to be traded, then I imagine there are a couple RBs in the draft we are targeting. I doubt that Mike Davis is here to replace him.

I dunno man... he's awwwwfully similar to Kareem Hunt from a pure metrics standpoint:

Hunt:

5’10” 216 lb
4.62 40
18 bench reps
4.53 short shuttle
36.5 vertical
9’11” broad
7.22 3-cone

Davis:

5’9” 217 lb
4.61 40 (4.52 at Pro Day)
17 bench reps
4.18 short shuttle
34.0 vertical
9’8” broad
7.00 3-cone

No, I'm not saying this kid is going to be or is expected to be Kareem Hunt... but he's got some talent to him.

But you can’t base field play on metrics. Davis plays nothing like Hunt and has a problem staying healthy. After a sleep, I’m still scratching my head.

See the bold above in my post you quoted. I watched everything I could find on him... he's got some burst through the hole and some wiggle to his jump cuts. Kid runs hard too and has decent hands. I'm not opposed to opening up the RB competition and giving him the reigns if he wins it.

"I don't care about numbers, I care about letters" -- Matt Nagy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:19 pm 
Pro Bowler

Not sure what Pace and Nagy are thinking on this signing but I honestly dont know anything about the guy. I am sure they have a plan. I am more curious as to what they are planning regarding Howard. If something doesnt happen in next day or two are they going to deal him to move up or get picks on draft day, or keep him and use him more the way they did during the latter part of the season last year versus the early part?

The loyal part of me would like to see him back, however with him hitting the year where he could be getting paid bigger next year, we would really be better off finding a cheaper RB in the draft and getting something for Howard now rather than letting him walk next year for nothing.

As a long time Bears fan I have always over valued RBs based on my love of Payton and how the Bears tend to value the running game, however you can look at the plug and play nature of how the Pats use RBs and realize its ok not to have that bellcow back

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next