View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Search for:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:41 pm 
MVP

wab wrote:
Funkster wrote:
ramentaschen wrote:
this is fine if he is our third RB and occasional receiver

3M APY for a 3rd RB? Bears would have been better off singing Frank Gore if that were the case.

Frank Gore is like 46yrs old tho

True but that “46” year old is always available, is a true everydown back, out performed Davis and was about 1 million cheaper. What does that say about Davis? Ohh well, I guess that’s who they’re riding with. I just hope everyone is right about him being the 3rd back. I just don’t see it like that.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:51 pm 
Hall of Famer

Funkster wrote:
wab wrote:
Funkster wrote:
ramentaschen wrote:

3M APY for a 3rd RB? Bears would have been better off singing Frank Gore if that were the case.

True but that “46” year old is always available, is a true everydown back, out performed Davis and was about 1 million cheaper. What does that say about Davis? Ohh well, I guess that’s who they’re riding with. I just hope everyone is right about him being the 3rd back. I just don’t see it like that.

I don't think he's being looked at as the 3rd back... but I'm a minority, er in the minority

"I don't care about numbers, I care about letters" -- Matt Nagy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:59 pm 
MVP

G08 wrote:
Funkster wrote:
wab wrote:
Funkster wrote:
ramentaschen wrote:

I don't think he's being looked at as the 3rd back... but I'm a minority, er in the minority

I’m right here with you. Most are thinking he’s replacing Mizzel, who was the 3rd back. I’m feeling he will be spitting reps with Cohen come game 1. Your assignment of Davis his fair, I’ve seen him up close at practice and have watched him the last couple of years since he became a hawk. I’m just not that impressed with him, especially as a starter.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:55 pm 
Mod

I’ve been watching vids of this kid the last couple hours. I like the way he runs. His burst out of the jump cut is incredible.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:13 pm 
Hall of Famer

wab wrote:
I’ve been watching vids of this kid the last couple hours. I like the way he runs. His burst out of the jump cut is incredible.

Right? And he's got some juice to him when he gets a head of steam... not afraid to lower his shoulders and thud you either!

"I don't care about numbers, I care about letters" -- Matt Nagy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:28 pm 
Head Coach

They didn’t sign him to replace Mizzell. I could crap out a turd more productive than Mizzell.

He is a borderline starter, low cost, with potential to be more that won’t complain sharing the load with a draft pick and Cohen.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:33 pm 
Crafty Veteran

southdakbearfan wrote:
They didn’t sign him to replace Mizzell. I could crap out a turd more productive than Mizzell.

He is a borderline starter, low cost, with potential to be more that won’t complain sharing the load with a draft pick and Cohen.

He produced pretty good numbers in the SEC (South Carolina).

I'm not expecting much, but he's got talent and could be a surprise. It's a roll of the dice for what's basically slightly more than draft pick money, and you're committed for roughly a year. No downside from my point of view.

This space for rent.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:52 am 
MVP

Davis was pretty successful in Seattle's read option offense. I think he's coming in to get about half the rushing attempts with a decent share of check down passing options. Cohen will get a 30-40% share of the rushing attempts again, with a larger share of check down options from the backfield. And Nagy just can't help himself to throw in a guy like Patterson to take up ~10-15% of the rest from both rushing and passing.

Part of a true committee

I will kill you if you cut me at the knees. You will drink with me when invited and stay til I say so. We only listen to American Music. I make men nervous with just my presence. I expect an apology if you hold. I throw linemen at QB's. Believe the Lore!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:39 pm 
Mod

Atkins&Rebel wrote:
Davis was pretty successful in Seattle's read option offense. I think he's coming in to get about half the rushing attempts with a decent share of check down passing options. Cohen will get a 30-40% share of the rushing attempts again, with a larger share of check down options from the backfield. And Nagy just can't help himself to throw in a guy like Patterson to take up ~10-15% of the rest from both rushing and passing.

Part of a true committee

This is the route I see Pace & Nagy going.

Unless the Bears land a huge surprise upgrade.. I believe they're planning on having Davis, Cohen & Patterson as the RB rotation.. IF they get the trade they want for H. Jordan.

Nagy would loving nothing more than having 3 RB/WR hybrid type players to chess piece around during presnap shifts.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:15 pm 
Head Coach

I like the player and I think he fits the part of the scheme I saw last year but I'm not sure this exactly fills our need for a 1st and 2nd down back that is also a bit of a receiving threat. If our committee is Davis/Cohen/Patterson then I can't see us running a terribly "traditional" offense. That feels more like a throw-first spread type system. I don't mind it but I thought Nagy was going to try for some amount of "balanced traditional offense" with play action, etc.? I'm contrasting this to New Orleans replacing Ingram with Murray and trying to read the tea leaves. Either they still hope to find that 1st and 2nd down guy in the draft or we're going full on Saturday offense on the lakefront and the sausage-ditka-bearrsss crowd is in for a ride

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next