Bears sign CB Buster Skrine to 3yr, $16.5M deal

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

VA_Mountain_Bear
Crafty Veteran

One thing I like about Skrine is he can play outside CB, as well as Safety in packages, so he brings some versatility.
ramentaschen
Assistant Coach

I dunno guys but paying this kind of money for the 87th best CB or something doesn't sound like a great idea.
Umbali
MVP

ramentaschen wrote:I dunno guys but paying this kind of money for the 87th best CB or something doesn't sound like a great idea.
Sometimes your ranked a certain way based on how you were used and the scheme. Maybe Pace sees metrics or some body of work etc that makes him feel he can be plugged into the slot.

At this point Pace has earned benefit of the doubt
Fantasy Team: Peanut Punchers
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Was he playing behind as good a front 7 as he will be now? The front 7 makes all the difference in the world. pace knows what the hell he is doing.
BR0D1E86
MVP

Umbali wrote:
ramentaschen wrote:I dunno guys but paying this kind of money for the 87th best CB or something doesn't sound like a great idea.
Sometimes your ranked a certain way based on how you were used and the scheme. Maybe Pace sees metrics or some body of work etc that makes him feel he can be plugged into the slot.

At this point Pace has earned benefit of the doubt
My understanding is the Jets started playing him at safety more last year but he wasn’t good at it, but he’s better in the slot. I have no idea where I read that or if it’s true or not, but I picked it up somewhere.