View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Search for:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:51 am 
Head Coach

Might be a safety and Whitehair extension?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:52 am 
Hall of Famer

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:
Do we really want Le'veon Bell? The guy has an injury history, and obviously he's not much of a team guy. We all know Nagy is about the 'WE' and not the 'ME'.

Ugh I don't know... he's a PERFECT fit for the biggest hole on our offense right now.

"I don't care about numbers, I care about letters" -- Matt Nagy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:58 am 
Hall of Famer

Do we know how much of it was converted?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:03 am 
Site Admin

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:
Do we know how much of it was converted?

And the Bears reportedly converted $13M of Khalil Mack’s base salary and roster bonus into a signing bonus, creating $11M in salary-cap space.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:11 am 
Head Coach

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:
Do we really want Le'veon Bell? The guy has an injury history, and obviously he's not much of a team guy. We all know Nagy is about the 'WE' and not the 'ME'.

How is he not a team guy? I have not heard anything about him being a pain in the ass for the team, surely nothing like AB. He sat out because he felt he had good reason, I don't begrudge him at all for that.

He has had some injuries and a suspension, but I would not thinking he is injury prone.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:24 am 
MVP

Otis Day wrote:
Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:

How is he not a team guy? I have not heard anything about him being a pain in the ass for the team, surely nothing like AB. He sat out because he felt he had good reason, I don't begrudge him at all for that.

He has had some injuries and a suspension, but I would not thinking he is injury prone.

If we get Bell, next time it doesn't come down to a fucking field goal for the playoff game. We win and we win big.

FOR WHOM THE BELL TOLLS!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:38 am 
MVP

G08 wrote:
I think we're making a move for LeVeon Bell. 3 years and 45 to 50 million. Coincides with Trubisky's rookie deal and gets Bell back on the market at age 30.

I kind of intensely dislike him, but he’d be a pretty phenomenal addition to the offense.

What I will give him is that my feelings for him are because he seems to be a bit of a diva, and not because of any severe Offield issues that I’m aware of. So I could probably get over it pretty quickly, but I’m not a big fan of his in general.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:42 am 
Mod

He sat out because the Steelers are a low-key dysfunctional team with a QB that no one likes and an owner that enables said QB.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:12 am 
Hall of Famer

wab wrote:
He sat out because the Steelers are a low-key dysfunctional team with a QB that no one likes and an owner that enables said QB.

OK. So is that why there seems to be this mass exodus of top talent from Pittsburgh? (mass exodus being Bell and AB).

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:33 am 
Journeyman

It seems to me that we wouldn't be creating all this cap space if we didn't already have agreements in place. None of these contracts can be signed until tomorrow anyway, so why hurt yourself in the coming years if you don't need to?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next