View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Search for:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:59 am 
Assistant Coach

I think Patterson may be the best kick returner since Hester so in that aspect this is a big plus.

The Vikings could never turn him into a legitimate WR though and its curious to me that he would be used as an RB???

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:22 am 
MVP

This is a great signing. The return game gets an instant serious boost of talent. Nagy gets to be creative with plays. Outstanding.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:01 am 
Assistant Coach

ramentaschen wrote:
I think Patterson may be the best kick returner since Hester so in that aspect this is a big plus.

The Vikings could never turn him into a legitimate WR though and its curious to me that he would be used as an RB???

The patriots lined him up at rb occassionally and he did surprisngly well. I think it started due to injury but i could be remembering that wrong. Dont think he could be a full time back but several touches a game absolutely. I love this signing. Price isnt the best but its a short deal and he could be very productive here replacing bellamy/mizzell. And his skill as a kr is undeniable

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:26 am 
Mod

HurricaneBear wrote:
ramentaschen wrote:

The patriots lined him up at rb occassionally and he did surprisngly well. I think it started due to injury but i could be remembering that wrong. Dont think he could be a full time back but several touches a game absolutely. I love this signing. Price isnt the best but its a short deal and he could be very productive here replacing bellamy/mizzell. And his skill as a kr is undeniable

He had more carries than receptions with the Pats for what it’s worth. Like 2x more.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:32 am 
Pro Bowler

The Patriots of course are creative and smart and he looked natural when he was used as a RB. Coaches always say ' get the ball in the hands of our playmakers' and good teams seem to do that. His versatility should be a match made in heaven for Nagy. I like it!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:46 am 
Assistant Coach

wab wrote:
HurricaneBear wrote:
ramentaschen wrote:

He had more carries than receptions with the Pats for what it’s worth. Like 2x more.

Good to know I didnt realize they gave him that many carries. I like this move even more now!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:02 am 
Practice Squad

If Bellamy is getting 3.5 million a year then I guess Patterson getting 5 million does make sense. I thought they needed another speed threat on the team, especially if Gabriel or Cohen were to get hurt at all this season. If everyone is healthy then Patterson becomes another versatile tool that at the very least gets Mizzell off the field.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:07 am 
Head Coach

ramentaschen wrote:
This logic baffles me. If he's that good, then teams will kick it out of the end zone, which already happens most of the time anyway. So the only value is that we get the ball at the 25 instead of the 17 because our KR team was so poor. So I guess there's that value.

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:24 am 
Hall of Famer

just for return duties alone, this is a good deal ... the fact he is a versatile part of the offense means when he and Cohen are on the field at the same time, some creativity can really happen

nice pickup by the Bears

BLOG : Emissions from the Bears Nebula

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:33 am 
Head Coach

I do think it's an interesting move for a team with a really creative coach looking for production out of the RB spot. I imagine them occasionally going empty, lining him up wide and having him just take off. If nothing else, with his speed, that's going to pull a safety over in any kind of zone, which opens things up in the middle of the field.

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next