Callahan signs with Broncos

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

IotaNet
MVP

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... h-broncos/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
“Never let your ego get so close to your position that when your position falls, your ego falls with it.”

- Colin Powell
Umbali
MVP

I am not sure I understand our reasoning on this. Not a huge difference between that and what we paid Skrine. Skrine is getting 8.5 mil guaranteed vs Callahan getting 10. Just about 1.2 mil per year difference. Wonder if it was the injury history, but it seems to me we could have kept him.

Kinda bums me out, I liked Callahan a lot and while I didnt want to lose Amos, I really didnt want to lose Callahan.

So assuming things stay the same as far as other signings go, we will be getting a 4th and 5th round compensatory pick for Amos and Callahan next year? Eases the pain a bit but bleh
Fantasy Team: Peanut Punchers
ramentaschen
Assistant Coach

Agree, Skrine seems like a downgrade to me.
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

Bleah.

Saving 1.5M/yr on a definite downgrade.
1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

Umbali wrote:I am not sure I understand our reasoning on this. Not a huge difference between that and what we paid Skrine. Skrine is getting 8.5 mil guaranteed vs Callahan getting 10. Just about 1.2 mil per year difference. Wonder if it was the injury history, but it seems to me we could have kept him.

Kinda bums me out, I liked Callahan a lot and while I didnt want to lose Amos, I really didnt want to lose Callahan.

So assuming things stay the same as far as other signings go, we will be getting a 4th and 5th round compensatory pick for Amos and Callahan next year? Eases the pain a bit but bleh

Not getting anything out of Callahan. He and Skrine will be a wash.
1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.
GSH
MVP

Pace and his staff obviously saw something they didnt like in his medicals. similar to meredith. we'll be fine.
crueltyabc
Hall of Famer

In 2015 Skrine had 4 picks and 18 passes defended which is close to Bryce’s career numbers of 4 and 20. That got him a nice contract with the Jets, where he made fewer plays but showed versatility playing inside and outside and I even see him listed as backup safety. Versatility and playmaking ability may be better than Callahan, plus you can speculate on Bryce’s medicals, so maybe this wasn’t just nickel and diming?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
xyt in the discord chats
malk
Head Coach

I really liked Callahan on his old contracts and wished we'd have given him a multi year extension prior to him putting it all together but losing him won't be a massive loss. We'll have to see with Skrine.
"I wouldn't take him for a conditional 7th. His next contract will pay him more than he could possibly contribute.".

Noted Brain Genius Malk, Summer 2018.

(2020 update, wait, was I right...)