View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Search for:
 Post subject: Contracts and guarantees
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:15 pm 
Pro Bowler

Watching the trend of huge guaranteed money in some of these contracts got me to thinking about Kirk Cousins contract.

I tried to argue with my father in law about the huge chunk of cap space being used on a mediocre QB and the fact that it was all guaranteed. He was clueless.

So now watching Bell and a lot of these other contracts and I know we have and will do it as well, I wonder which team is going to get burnt super bad by it first? Someone is going to give a player a fully guaranteed deal and they will have a career ending injury or ban or something horrible and the team will have 20 million in dead cap money for 4 years or so.

I know its the trend and other sports do it and as a player you should want it because this is such a violent sport ( up till now till they ban tackling lol ) and careers are so short.

I dont remember seeing Macks numbers and how much was guaranteed but he should be ok because I sacrifice a chicken weekly for his health and pray to baby Jesus for him every day. Someone is going to get burnt bad by this eventually.