View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Search for:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:45 am 
Mod

Word across the Twitter is that as soon as the Browns find out what Kareem Hunt's status is with the NFL, they will be shopping Duke Johnson. I've long said that aside from Hunt, there isn't a better fit at RB for the Bears in the entire NFL than Johnson.

I don't know what it would take to get him, but I'd happily give the Browns a 3rd round pick for him if I was Pace, then I'd try to flip Howard for a late 3rd/early 4th.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:17 pm 
Assistant Coach

I want Howard as a Bear this season. With that said Duke may be the only back id be ok with moving on from Howard for. One of my all time fav Canes and as you said a perfect fit for this offense.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:49 pm 
Assistant Coach

Just want to ask the question what makes Johnson a better fit ?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:13 pm 
Mod

ramentaschen wrote:
Just want to ask the question what makes Johnson a better fit ?

Than Howard?

He averages almost 5 yards a carry, has the vision/speed/balance Nagy and Pace have specifically said they look for in a back and has caught 235 passes in 4 years. He has like 40 more career receptions in 4 years than Taylor Gabriel has in 5 years (and almost the same amount of receiving yards).

He's perfect for this offense. Literally perfect.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:44 pm 
Mod

Having said all of that - I don't think the Bears in actuality would trade for him. He's too similar to Davis...Davis is sort of the Mountain Mist to Johnson's Mt. Dew.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:58 pm 
Hall of Famer

wab wrote:
Having said all of that - I don't think the Bears in actuality would trade for him. He's too similar to Davis...Davis is sort of the Mountain Mist to Johnson's Mt. Dew.

I was gonna say, he's getting around $5M a season as well. I think Howard is a goner, we draft someone and the rookie battles it out with Davis for the lions share of the carries.

"I don't care about numbers, I care about letters" -- Matt Nagy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:18 pm 
Head Coach

wab wrote:

Mountain Mist to Mt Dew? WEll I guess you have to drink those to catch the comparison

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:38 pm 
Pro Bowler

Otis Day wrote:
wab wrote:

Mountain Mist to Mt Dew? WEll I guess you have to drink those to catch the comparison

One is the off brand generic lol

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:49 am 
Pro Bowler

I'd like for us to get the Duke in a huge way. But what would the Browns want in trade for him?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:05 am 
MVP

Meh. Browns wouldn't have drafted Chubb and signed Hunt if Johnson was "all that". 5 YPC isn't that impressive on 40 carries. Neither is 5 rushing TD's in 4 years. He was pretty average when he was given over 100 carries in his rookie year. Decent receiver out of the backfield, but not a feature back IMO.

I will kill you if you cut me at the knees. You will drink with me when invited and stay til I say so. We only listen to American Music. I make men nervous with just my presence. I expect an apology if you hold. I throw linemen at QB's. Believe the Lore!