2019 NFL Season to open with Bears hosting Pack

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

IotaNet
MVP

I can imagine the dogs straining at the leash for this one. It oughta be fun!

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... -at-bears/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
“Never let your ego get so close to your position that when your position falls, your ego falls with it.”

- Colin Powell
AZ_Bearfan
MVP

It's gonna be a bloodbath. Can't wait!
Umbali
MVP

I want to kill em. Like ugly beat down
Fantasy Team: Peanut Punchers
snake95
Journeyman

While I'm excited for the game itself I would rather the game be on Sunday. I'm not as big on the Thursday games as the NFL seems to think everyone else is...
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Hate Thurs night games. Hate opening against a division foe, hating this especially since it is against the Pack.
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

Otis Day wrote:Hate Thurs night games. Hate opening against a division foe, hating this especially since it is against the Pack.
Agreed, would prefer taking them about week 3 when it's clicking.

That being said I am confident they will inflict the pain on them.
Umbali
MVP

Well as far as Thursday games go at least its not on a short week being week 1. Also we should be clicking more than them as they changed coaches etc.
Fantasy Team: Peanut Punchers
VA_Mountain_Bear
Crafty Veteran

Umbali wrote:Well as far as Thursday games go at least its not on a short week being week 1. Also we should be clicking more than them as they changed coaches etc.
That and a lot of new players together on D, and Cobb gone. I think they will be adjusting and we will ahead in mental preparedness and cohesion. I certainly hope we don't lose the game to some rare great play by Amos or a screw up by HHCD; that would be an annoying to start the season with such a narrative.
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

VA_Mountain_Bear wrote:
Umbali wrote:Well as far as Thursday games go at least its not on a short week being week 1. Also we should be clicking more than them as they changed coaches etc.
That and a lot of new players together on D, and Cobb gone. I think they will be adjusting and we will ahead in mental preparedness and cohesion. I certainly hope we don't lose the game to some rare great play by Amos or a screw up by HHCD; that would be an annoying to start the season with such a narrative.
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

Suggestion for coach Nagy... On game week, be sure to show them the tape from both games from last year. Give them the 2nd game first, to remind them what they're capable of. Then finish with last year's opener, just to remind them about not getting complacent with the lead--which they should have early.
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
wab
Mod

I don't care that it's Thursday...I don't care that it's the opener...I don't care that it's the Pack. I'm excited.

I want to see this Bears team take that Championship step.
IotaNet
MVP

wab wrote:I want to see this Bears team take that Championship step.
This right here.

Last year was about learning how to win and growing up. 2019 is all about dominating!
“Never let your ego get so close to your position that when your position falls, your ego falls with it.”

- Colin Powell
Funkster
MVP

I don’t think there is a better start to a season, can’t wait! Should be a lot of hype building this one up. The start of a season is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you’re gonna get.
“Protect this fucking house, go all out, leave that shit out on the field, let’s have some fun, makes some plays baby ” Mitch Trubisky #believethesleeve
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

snake95 wrote:While I'm excited for the game itself I would rather the game be on Sunday. I'm not as big on the Thursday games as the NFL seems to think everyone else is...
Otis Day wrote:Hate Thurs night games. Hate opening against a division foe, hating this especially since it is against the Pack.
fuck Roger Goodell and his Thursday games and his quest to expand internationally

may he die of severe anal raping on a Thursday in London

as to the game, I don't want this to be even close .. I want it to be such a severe beatdown by the Bears it is essentially over at halftime so we can all go to bed on schedule and read about the additional 28 points the Bears put on them in the second half while drinking our morning coffee next day
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
docc
Head Coach

This year from DAY 1...............
From first snap to holding the Halas and Lombardi..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFDcoX7s6rE

I WANT IT ALL..I WANT IT NOW..I WANT IT ALL..AND I WANT IT NOW...

Give us what is OURS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
VA_Mountain_Bear
Crafty Veteran

Beating the Pack in this opening game would be one hell of way to start the season with fireworks.
jamus34
Journeyman

I dislike that it is against the Pack but like the first Thursday game.

Mainly because I think the Thursday games are a horrible idea. I think the owners should get the shit beat out of them on a Sunday and then again on a Thursday and let them say it's fine for the players.

Just like the whole concept of the "Hall of Fame game". Let's add a pointless preseason game that just puts extra miles on the players' bodies.

So at least this gets the Thursday game out of the way and the team get's the equivalent of a bye-week to recover and really start the season.
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

jamus34 wrote:I dislike that it is against the Pack but like the first Thursday game.

Mainly because I think the Thursday games are a horrible idea. I think the owners should get the shit beat out of them on a Sunday and then again on a Thursday and let them say it's fine for the players.

Just like the whole concept of the "Hall of Fame game". Let's add a pointless preseason game that just puts extra miles on the players' bodies.

So at least this gets the Thursday game out of the way and the team get's the equivalent of a bye-week to recover and really start the season.
I dislike Thursday’s as well

Don’t mess with the hof game. I believe every season we have played in the hof game we have won the division.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

IotaNet wrote:I can imagine the dogs straining at the leash for this one. It oughta be fun!

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... -at-bears/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I wish that game was today. I can't stand how last season ended.