Update: Daniels to move to C, Whitehair to G

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

dplank
Hall of Famer

southdakbearfan wrote:Whitehair is more prototypical Guard, was a guard and tackle in college and was drafted as a guard, he was stuck at center due to severe need at the time due to injuries and backups sucking hind tit. He has done OK, but his shotgun snaps are very inconsistent.

Daniels is more prototypical center and was a center in college but was put at guard and did well as a rookie eventually when he was put in.

I can understand not wanting a rookie at center when you are putting in a new offense, grooming a young QB and want your line calls correct.

If HH says it is the way to go I would call it close to Gospel.
Agree 100%. They weren't throwing a 20 year old rookie in at C, they eased him in getting him NFL reps at an easier position mentally. Now that he's got a little seasoning in the NFL and in this offense, he'll move to his natural position. Makes sense to me.
DaSuperfan
Crafty Veteran

Has anyone seen Daniels this offseason, dude looks like a monster. I think the NFL offseason strength and conditioning program has really benefited him. I look forward to seeing him and Whitehair playing at their more natural positions.
Never Die Easy
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

DaSuperfan wrote:Has anyone seen Daniels this offseason, dude looks like a monster. I think the NFL offseason strength and conditioning program has really benefited him. I look forward to seeing him and Whitehair playing at their more natural positions.
If, and it's a BIG if, Long can stay healthy this year. We should have one of the best interior OL in the league. I think Whitehair is going to stop thinking about playing C, and just start mauling defensive linemen. Much like Long on the other side. I also think Daniels is going to kill it at Center.
G08
Hall of Famer

DaSuperfan wrote:Has anyone seen Daniels this offseason, dude looks like a monster. I think the NFL offseason strength and conditioning program has really benefited him. I look forward to seeing him and Whitehair playing at their more natural positions.
Can't say that I have... Pics?
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

wab
Mod

G08 wrote:
Can't say that I have... Pics?
I haven't either other than the pick of him with his diploma at Iowa's graduation day.