Upcoming Bears "major" uniform announcement

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Mikefive
Hall of Famer

wab wrote:Um, look at today's date fam.
I'm such a dumbass. I got totally sucked in and thought this was the weirdest thing ever.
In fairness, I heard George McC on a podcast the other day say there was the upcoming uniform announcement and was zoned into that, thinking it was real.
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
Teddy KGB
Pro Bowler

Going to give the Bears full kudos for how well they sold this, even with the lead in by ownership. Props for this one!
Knuckles
Player of the Month

Just got back from opened heart surgery last night and I have to say this thread made me laugh for the first time in like 3 weeks LOL. Was a good prank...
”Damn -- Khalil Mack had another strip sack?” Gruden asked rhetorically, shaking his head at the Oakland Raiders assistant coaches in his midst. “Are you ... kidding me?”
skamanfrank
Journeyman

I totally fell for it! :| :| :frustrated:
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

I think they should have doubled down and announced the signing of some Australian rugby player who can kick 80 yard field goals ... the football version of Sid Fynch and his 150 mph fastball
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
Umbali
MVP

It was a well done gag
Fantasy Team: Peanut Punchers
malk
Head Coach

Knuckles wrote:Just got back from opened heart surgery last night and I have to say this thread made me laugh for the first time in like 3 weeks LOL. Was a good prank...
Hope the recovery is going well!
"I wouldn't take him for a conditional 7th. His next contract will pay him more than he could possibly contribute.".

Noted Brain Genius Malk, Summer 2018.

(2020 update, wait, was I right...)
Knuckles
Player of the Month

malk wrote:
Knuckles wrote:Just got back from opened heart surgery last night and I have to say this thread made me laugh for the first time in like 3 weeks LOL. Was a good prank...
Hope the recovery is going well!
It is thanks! It was a birth defect and I'm only 48 so it wasn't that bad the anticipation was worse than the surgery. Having said that I feel bad for anyone that needs it at an older age because it's pretty painful for a few days which might take a lot longer down the line.

At least I now know I will be able to see this super bowl window through LOL.
”Damn -- Khalil Mack had another strip sack?” Gruden asked rhetorically, shaking his head at the Oakland Raiders assistant coaches in his midst. “Are you ... kidding me?”
DaSuperfan
Crafty Veteran

New 'classic' jersey set to be unveiled June 7th at #Bears100 Celebration Weekend per Bears Twitter:

https://twitter.com/ChicagoBears/status ... 4737060864" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Never Die Easy
jasfirstroundbust

Heal up, sir
G08
Hall of Famer

jasfirstroundbust wrote:
Heal up, sir
I read your username and I immediately picture Jerry Angelo with terrific tits. It leaves me feeling... conflicted :lol:
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS