Jordan Howard traded to PHI for 2020 6th rd pick

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

wab
Mod

Jordan Howard may not even be the starter for his new team.... Eagles are spending an awful lot of time with Josh Jacobs.
Atkins&Rebel
Head Coach

wab wrote:Jordan Howard may not even be the starter for his new team.... Eagles are spending an awful lot of time with Josh Jacobs.
Pederson isn't afraid to let his O line dominate at the tune of 4 YPC if the defense is soft and not sold out to stop the run. Howard could get 120+ in maybe 5-6 games this year and maybe 60ish in the rest for a cool 1200ish.
I will kill you if you cut me at the knees. You will drink with me when invited and stay til I say so. We only listen to American Music. I make men nervous with just my presence. I expect an apology if you hold. I throw linemen at QB's. Believe the Lore!
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

Atkins&Rebel wrote:
wab wrote:Jordan Howard may not even be the starter for his new team.... Eagles are spending an awful lot of time with Josh Jacobs.
Pederson isn't afraid to let his O line dominate at the tune of 4 YPC if the defense is soft and not sold out to stop the run. Howard could get 120+ in maybe 5-6 games this year and maybe 60ish in the rest for a cool 1200ish.
I agree, especially if they go back to 2017 tendencies in their offense.
Pagan
MVP

Pretty hard to believe that after what..16 pages? of fairly reasonable Jordan Howard dialog some of us still can't wrap our minds around it.

Naturally...everyone's free to have their own private take/opinion on this trade & how it may effect the teams involved- Just please, try to remember that not all opinions are equal.
If you continue to find that your opinion disagrees with history, logic & facts... don't be surprised or upset if the occasional human invites you out to the toolshed.
Umbali
MVP

Pagan wrote:Pretty hard to believe that after what..16 pages? of fairly reasonable Jordan Howard dialog some of us still can't wrap our minds around it.

Naturally...everyone's free to have their own private take/opinion on this trade & how it may effect the teams involved- Just please, try to remember that not all opinions are equal.
If you continue to find that your opinion disagrees with history, logic & facts... don't be surprised or upset if the occasional human invites you out to the toolshed.
lmao thats funny, and true.

At first I was outraged. Not at the fact that he was traded because it was obvious he didnt fit and they didnt want to change to make him fit. That philosophy makes me think of the Rams. They try to run almost all their plays out of the same type of formation no matter the personnel and it seems to work for them. I think Nagy doesnt want people guessing " run" because of which back is in. Let them all have the ability to do almost anything and make it harder for the defense.

My initial outrage was the return. Some of the will ease if whatever variable is in this trade that makes this a 5th round pick instead of a 4th. Then after reading a lot i realize i dont know dick about trade values lmao.

No woodshed for me!
Fantasy Team: Peanut Punchers
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Umbali wrote:My initial outrage was the return.
me too ... I thought he was worth more than a 6th round pick

Umbali wrote:Some of the will ease if whatever variable is in this trade that makes this a 5th round pick instead of a 4th. Then after reading a lot i realize i dont know dick about trade values lmao.
well if you prefer a 5th round pick over a 4th, then your underlined statement is certainly true :-P
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

Pagan wrote:Pretty hard to believe that after what..16 pages? of fairly reasonable Jordan Howard dialog some of us still can't wrap our minds around it.

"History, logic & facts".

History... Howard was the 2nd leading rusher in the NFL one year. What have any of the guys we've brought in done to compete with that? And what non-cherry picked history of 3rd round picks suggests that were going to get a clearly better option? You lose on that measure.

Logic... Howard doesn't fit what Nagy wants to do. Howard made us more predictable. And sure, we'll probably be engaging in more short passes to replace runs. You win that one.

Facts... See answer to history. There are no facts you can bring to bear that say that our new options will be any better than the career backups they've been. One more for me.

While many--including me--didn't like trading Howard, dwelling on that is missing the point. The key question is... What did we replace him with?
- A WR failure, good KR guy who is too tall for a RB
- A career backup who nobody rational looked at as ready to "break out"
- More carries for 180# Cohen banging around with the big boys means more chance he gets hurt.
- It's all about the HOPE for a 3rd round pick that works out well

I don't think that's a persuasive argument. If that's woodshed worthy, whatever.
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
Pagan
MVP

Mikefive wrote:

"History, logic & facts".

History... Howard was the 2nd leading rusher in the NFL one year. What have any of the guys we've brought in done to compete with that? And what non-cherry picked history of 3rd round picks suggests that were going to get a clearly better option? You lose on that measure.

Logic... Howard doesn't fit what Nagy wants to do. Howard made us more predictable. And sure, we'll probably be engaging in more short passes to replace runs. You win that one.

Facts... See answer to history. There are no facts you can bring to bear that say that our new options will be any better than the career backups they've been. One more for me.

While many--including me--didn't like trading Howard, dwelling on that is missing the point. The key question is... What did we replace him with?
- A WR failure, good KR guy who is too tall for a RB
- A career backup who nobody rational looked at as ready to "break out"
- More carries for 180# Cohen banging around with the big boys means more chance he gets hurt.
- It's all about the HOPE for a 3rd round pick that works out well

I don't think that's a persuasive argument. If that's woodshed worthy, whatever.
Mike...

It's all been gone over, many times.

As far as "toolshed worthy"... I figured it would be someone's patience you or someone else would be testing by trying to pretend any longer that this is still a viable debate.

But...since you decided to draw my straw for me...sure, why not.
I'll play along.

Mike, what you're completely failing to understand is, for those of us who DO understand & just so happen to agree with our Coach & GM of the year...WE don't need to answer any of your "what if" scenarios.

The burden of proof of a non-meatball argument is on you.

YOU need to come up with the NFL breaking news...
Here's why Nagy & Pace fucked it all up proof.
No one here needs to do the work for you.

You don't completely get the plan...you're nervous.
Ok, we get that.

But don't let all that anxiety turn your brain to shit dude.

You've been pressing & pressing to try like hell to NOT lose the point of your debate.
Instead of eating crow or simple fading into the bushes..
You doubled down.

The history, logic & facts are...

* History= shows that Coach Nagy is running a pass heavy KC style offense. Which is NOT Howard's strength.
* Logic= Howard was a bad fit in our new offense & should be traded.
* Fact= Jordan Howard was a bad fit & was traded.

* History= Howard WAS the 2nd leading rusher for an OLD unimaginative offense, where Howard was the majority of the Bears offense.
* Logic= Howard was NOT the 2nd leading rusher when he NEEDED to be, in the new offense the Bears will be running for the next 5+ years. Howard's running style is no longer valuable to the Bears.
* Fact= Apparently Howard's straight ahead running style wasn't very valuable to any team.
6th/5th rounder in few years was the very best offer.

* History= The Bears no longer are a win the game with defense & a strong running game ...try to keep it close formula.*
* It IS Logical that he was traded & that pretty much all of us were kinda bummed about it...we really liked him.
* Fact= You're not 1 of the professionals calling the shots for the Bears team...so what you Think the Bears "should've" done literally means shit.

The team clearly knows what they're doing... as the history proves that they've completely dismantled & rebuilt this team back into a winner.

That all being said..if you're genuinely interested in starting a new thread, where people might want to place their bets as to how all these offense pieces are going to work together without a Jordan Howard...by all means.
Just try to keep the driving fast & loose with the facts down to a minimum pls.