Moderator: wab

G08
Hall of Famer

Adam Schefter

Verified account

@AdamSchefter
Following Following @AdamSchefter
More
Bears trading RB Jordan Howard to the Philadelphia Eagles for a 6th-round pick in 2020 that can become a 5th-round pick, league source tells ESPN.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS
cblaz11
MVP

Don’t like it...
Umbali
MVP

thats horrible if true! wtf! a 6th?!? thats way bad , screw his friendship with Pederson
Fantasy Team: Peanut Punchers
G08
Hall of Famer

I love it. I've said it for a while, he's not a fit in this offense.

Mike Davis is our starter as it stands, Cohen the change-of-pace, and I expect a back to be taken with one of our first picks.

I think Miles Sanders and David Montgomery will be long gone, but if Darrell Henderson is sitting there... ooooweee.
Umbali
MVP

G08 wrote:I love it. I've said it for a while, he's not a fit in this offense.

Mike Davis is our starter as it stands, Cohen the change-of-pace, and I expect a back to be taken with one of our first picks.

I think Miles Sanders and David Montgomery will be long gone, but if Darrell Henderson is sitting there... ooooweee.

Im ok with trading him but a 5th or 6th is horrible
G08
Hall of Famer

According to NFGSIS, the team averaged 4.78 yards per play in the five most frequently used lineups in which Howard was used.

In the five most-used lineups that didn’t include Howard, they averaged 6.8 yards per play.

The big difference came in the passing game, where they averaged 7 yards per pass play without Howard and 4.92 with him.
Umbali
MVP

I agree in Nagys offense we were better without him except when we needed hard yards and had to burn clock. That however isnt my argument. I think we could have waited till the draft and gotten better return. To me its not a coincidence that Nagy and Pederson are good friends in this trade. I doubt we give him up for that little to anyone else.

I still trust Nagy and Pace but holy crap I just dont like the return
UOK
Site Admin

A 6th is garbage, but that's the NFL for you.
mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

It kind of bothers me Nagy couldn't use him more effectively. I hope he has a heart career. Such a fun dude to watch.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Nagy isn't GM, Pace is. Pace has been the guy shopping Howard, not Nagy. Teams had the Bears where they wanted them. Bears were known to want to trade him, no one was giving up more than what they got. The return sucks, but not really surprised. The Bears devalued him by wanting to trade him.
edep12
Journeyman

I know he didn’t fit but...damn. Seems like u coulda got a 6th for him anywhere. Why trade him to the team that knocked you out of the playoffs and make them better. Hate this deal!

I get that he has a relationship with Pederson but that doesn’t mean you get bent over for him
Atkins&Rebel
Head Coach

We all knew he was getting traded. But Pace got bent over on this one.
I will kill you if you cut me at the knees. You will drink with me when invited and stay til I say so. We only listen to American Music. I make men nervous with just my presence. I expect an apology if you hold. I throw linemen at QB's. Believe the Lore!
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

UOK wrote:A 6th is garbage, but that's the NFL for you.
A pick a year later is worth a round less. So that makes it a 7th. If that's all they were going to get, why didn't they wait until after the 2019 draft and seek out a team that didn't get what they wanted in the draft at the position?

Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
MoFugger
Head Coach

Atkins&Rebel wrote:We all knew he was getting traded. But Pace got bent over on this one.
Pace did not get bent over!

watch in the next couple weeks, Jordan Howard is about to get a new contract.

Pace is doing right by this kid, and that really really matters!!!
With Philli not having to give up that much in compensation. There had to be a deal with a new contract
alexwilkins
Crafty Veteran

MoFugger wrote:
Atkins&Rebel wrote:We all knew he was getting traded. But Pace got bent over on this one.

With Philli not having to give up that much in compensation. There had to be a deal with a new contract
I really disagree. Yes he’s a great player, great dude, with an amazing story behind him, but at the end of the day, this is a business. And trading him for a sixth round pick next year, was a terrible business decision.
alexwilkins
Crafty Veteran

Not to mention it’s an in-conference trade, and that’s all Pace could get out of them?
UOK
Site Admin

Pick could be as high as a 5th if conditions are met. I’m just glad the circus is over and we can get on with life.
donkeykong
Player of the Month

alexwilkins wrote:
MoFugger wrote:

I really disagree. Yes he’s a great player, great dude, with an amazing story behind him, but at the end of the day, this is a business. And trading him for a sixth round pick next year, was a terrible business decision.
Agree wholeheartedly!

Perhaps somebody else can explain this to me but...

I just don’t understand how Howard was worth NOTHING! Since he’s entered the league he’s only behind Gurley (less than 100 yards) and Elliott in total rushing yards!

How can he be worth nothing?!

I wouldn’t believe for a second that you could trade a 6th round draft pick to LA and get Gurley!

Howard has been a durable 1,000 yard RB and good teammate. A 6th round pick isn’t projected/expected to make an impact...how is Howard only worth that, what’s the explanation for this?!
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

Nice.
Pace picks up his Exec Award and then pisses his pants before he can even get back to his seat.

I was going to start a thread about favorite off-season moves and rank the non-move of Howard #2, but I had a suspicion he was determined to botch it.
1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

Here is the deal, is Howard worth more than a 6th, yes on first glance. I was thinking 4th but the thing we all forget is his expiring contract and the need to pay him drives his value down. He is also coming off a down season and he is a one dimensional running back in a league where very few teams are willing to roll with a one dimensional primary back.

Remember also Antonio Brown brought only a 3rd and a 5th.

Pace hasn't made very many bad deals and I tend to think he probably got what was being offered around the league for the teams willing to part with a pick for him.
alexwilkins
Crafty Veteran

southdakbearfan wrote:Here is the deal, is Howard worth more than a 6th, yes on first glance. I was thinking 4th but the thing we all forget is his expiring contract and the need to pay him drives his value down. He is also coming off a down season and he is a one dimensional running back in a league where very few teams are willing to roll with a one dimensional primary back.

Pace hasn't made very many bad deals and I tend to think he probably got what was being offered around the league for the teams willing to part with a pick for him.
Antonio Brown is a locker room cancer with a contract paying him way too much. Literally the opposite of Jordan.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

I think this sucks. A 2020 6th is garbage. Howard was a force at RB in 2016-2017. We should have been able to get a 2019 3rd for him. This is BS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

southdakbearfan wrote:Here is the deal, is Howard worth more than a 6th, yes on first glance. I was thinking 4th but the thing we all forget is his expiring contract and the need to pay him drives his value down. He is also coming off a down season and he is a one dimensional running back in a league where very few teams are willing to roll with a one dimensional primary back.

yeah, i mean, yeesh. i like him but he only had one good season in a cro magnon offense.
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

alexwilkins wrote:

Antonio Brown is a locker room cancer with a contract paying him way too much. Literally the opposite of Jordan.
Fans always over-value the whole good guy aspect of players.
donkeykong
Player of the Month

RustyTrubisky wrote:

yeah, i mean, yeesh. i like him but he only had one good season in a cro magnon offense.
Again, in the last 3 years only Gurley by less than 100 yards and Elliott have more yards than Howard.
alexwilkins
Crafty Veteran

Miami got a fourth from Philly for Jay Ajayi. Let that sink in.
Atkins&Rebel
Head Coach

MoFugger wrote:

Pace grabbed his own ankles, put on a big smile and took it without lube.
I will kill you if you cut me at the knees. You will drink with me when invited and stay til I say so. We only listen to American Music. I make men nervous with just my presence. I expect an apology if you hold. I throw linemen at QB's. Believe the Lore!
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

alexwilkins wrote:

And Howard was 39th in YPC and 15th in rushing yards last season and has declined every season after a great rookie year. Many of the guys right behind him on the rushing list didn't play full seasons because they weren't starters until 4-6 weeks in.

Cohen and his diminutive size average 4.5 ypc behind the same line for 444 yards and added in 725 receiving yards. So 1167 yds and 8 tds for Cohen on 170 touches and 1090 yds and 8 tds for Howard on 270 touches. Davis got got 728 yards and 5 tds on 146 touches.

I get it Howard is a grinder, well liked and just did what he could. All's I am saying is Pace probably got what was being offered.

I really look for a 3 headed monster at RB between Cohen, Davis and a draft pick or FA pickup. Davis got his on minimal carries per game so he doesn't need 15 carries before he becomes effective and in a groove like Howard was and he is known to be more than adequate pass catching and was considered plus in this area coming out of college. Cohen is Cohen and I look for him to stay about the same 100 carries and active in the passing game.

This move also ends the need to have Mizzell on the field ever again. He was only there because of the minimal threat howard was in the passing game.
BR0D1E86
MVP

I think a 6th is a real, real weak return. I knew he wasn’t a fit and was going to be traded. I still think it’s a weak return.
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

alexwilkins wrote:Miami got a fourth from Philly for Jay Ajayi. Let that sink in.
Who also had 2 seasons of cheap contract left at the time. That factors in as well