All the talk about RB... what about this guy?

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

wab
Mod

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onPWdt58lvE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Power, patience, reads his blocks, solid vision, decent speed, quick feet, good receiver out of the backfield...
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

You know, I saw something out of this guy last year. I think he can "contribute." I think he can be a rotation guy and what helps him, he can play special teams. I think he can be solid and get done what they want him to get done. I hope he gets a chance this year.
G08
Hall of Famer

wab wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onPWdt58lvE

Power, patience, reads his blocks, solid vision, decent speed, quick feet, good receiver out of the backfield...
If he had a little more juice wab, I'd love him. This is where combine numbers are so weird. You watch this kid and you're like "he's a 4.58 guy with a 6.95 cone"? Then you watch Devin Singletary who looks more electric "on tape" and he's a 4.66 guy with a 7.32 cone.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

G08 wrote:

If he had a little more juice wab, I'd love him. This is where combine numbers are so weird. You watch this kid and you're like "he's a 4.58 guy with a 6.95 cone"? Then you watch Devin Singletary who looks more electric "on tape" and he's a 4.66 guy with a 7.32 cone.
I'd like to see what both of their numbers are with pads on, might be completely reversed.
G08
Hall of Famer

southdakbearfan wrote:
G08 wrote:

I'd like to see what both of their numbers are with pads on, might be completely reversed.
Touché
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

Assuming they draft a 3rd who is average to slightly undersized, I'd like to see Nall take the 4th spot doing some short yardage running and short yardage lead blocking
1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

I loved Nall in the preseason. I was hoping he was going to make the 53-man roster. I'm all for it. I like his power and patience.
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

Nall had his moments last preseason, but I'm not sure he's electric enough in space to be what Nagy wants. He does have some size tho if that's what they want in short yardage situations.
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Mikefive wrote:Nall had his moments last preseason, but I'm not sure he's electric enough in space to be what Nagy wants. He does have some size tho if that's what they want in short yardage situations.
That's what we're going to need. Somebody that can convert 3rd and 1.

With the type of RB I'm guessing we will be drafting, its possible we may not get a 100% sure three down back. I'd like Nall along with (MY GUY! Who I hope we draft.) Miles Sanders in two back sets on 3rd and short.
dplank
Hall of Famer

My gut tells me that we know exactly what we have in Nall, and we aren't thinking he's our guy. They were clearly unhappy with Howard last year, hence all the Mizzell carries and the lowball trade. Nall's "patience" is a negative in Nagy's offense. It's a quick hitting, one cut and go style, something Howard struggled with. Mizzell SUCKS, but they preferred him to both Howard and Nall...not good.

Anyhow, I don't think they would have overpaid for Mike Davis if they thought they had a viable option with Nall. It was a minor overpay, but an overpay none the less for Davis. He's a good scheme fit and will be a big improvement over Howard IMO. And Davis runs HARD, probably his best asset, I'm fine with him in short yardage.

We need a "Forte/Kamara type" from this draft. They can be found in our part of the draft, but it's not easy!