Zach Miller officially retires

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Glad to see this. Glad he is thinking with his head and not his heart. Good luck to him in the future. I can see him being some type of ambassador for the Bears.
GSH
MVP

Bears handled this in a great way from the day it happened and for that im proud.

I'll never forget being in Qualcomm stadium surrounded by chargers fans ( my boss included ) and Zach hauling in a game winning TD from Cutler towards the end. Lost my mind ( and my specs and sunglasses in the ensuing melee ).

Thanks 86.

Bear Down.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

I know he was really trying to come back, but I am happy he is stepping away ... I just had a very bad feeling if he ever took the field again

I wish him well

and I thank the Bears for handling his situation with an abundance of class
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
AZ_Bearfan
MVP

I think with Miller still hanging around and Spice never leaving, they have the makings of a pretty entertaining web-show.
BearsFanInMN
Crafty Veteran

GSH wrote:Bears handled this in a great way from the day it happened and for that im proud.

I'll never forget being in Qualcomm stadium surrounded by chargers fans ( my boss included ) and Zach hauling in a game winning TD from Cutler towards the end. Lost my mind ( and my specs and sunglasses in the ensuing melee ).

Thanks 86.

Bear Down.
I was at that game too. Had work meeting next day in Pasadena and decided I would scalp a ticket then drive up. Great time. Wish him the best and proud we handled it like we did.
MOTML League: Eskimo Brothers
VA_Mountain_Bear
Crafty Veteran

Classy guy, I wish him the best.
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

The Marshall Plan wrote:I hate to see a career end that way. At least the Bears organization did right by Miller and showed themselves to be a class act the whole time.
This. And nothing but the best for Miller moving forward! I'm guessing he'll get an analyst gig somewhere. :thumbsup:
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.