Earl Bennett is feeling chatty

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

https://twitter.com/EarlBBennett" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

i dont want to copypasta everything, go back to atleast april 4th, some good stuff! throws a few people under the bus, paints a flattering pic of a few others.
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

I was actually meaning to post something about that, too.

https://bearswire.usatoday.com/2019/04/ ... re-doomed/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There’s a former OC I had in Chicago that I laugh at every time I recall his playbook. Literally took me 24hrs to perfect it. No joke. I knew we were doomed.

While he didn’t name anyone specifically (although he said it was NOT Marc Trestman), all signs point to Mike Tice and the 2012 season that resulted in his and Lovie Smith’s firing, despite a 10-6 record. Tice’s offense ended up finishing 28th in the NFL that season. Bennett actually offered Trestman some credit for having a “super cool” and “extensive” playbook.
1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.
Bad Flanders
MVP

1) Bears WR shattered his own record during a loss to the Vikings. At the time this guy was the #2 receiver. Everyone was congratulating him on a great accomplishment. Except for the guy in the locker next to him. #StoryTimeWithEarl
2) The #2 guys look at me and say ”I train with this guy in the offseason.” Everyone in the group was baffled and outraged as to why #1 was upset. The guy just broke a franchise record. Everyone was happy for him. Except for the envious hater.
3) Let me clarify that #StoryTimeWithEarl is not personal. There is not malice to it whatsoever. Just giving the people inside stories.
4) I still rock with Receiver #2 tough. That’s my people. Fly...

2013 season - week 13 against the Minnesota Vikings, Jeffery became the first player in franchise history to record two 200-yard games in the same season. In that game, he surpassed his own franchise record mark set earlier in the season.

I know! I know!
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

weird story about angelo and (i assume?) rusty jones:

Nov. 2011 my agent and then GM of the Bears began to negotiate a new contract. During the process, only a few people were aware. My agent, front office personnel and myself. Well, apparently the head athletic trainer had to sign off on the contract.

A week into negotiations the head athletic trainer walked up to me and said: “you know everything goes through me.” As if this deal only gets done if I say so in an arrogant manner.

I’ve always tried to be the consummate professional. So I reached out to my agent and expressed my discomfort with the conversation the trainer and I had. No clue that my agent would call the GM. The next morning I get called into a meeting with the GM.....

As I walk in the GM office, I see the head athletic trainer sitting there in near tears. I am like oh s¥*t. I sit down and the GM starts off by saying “Earl, I completely apologize for this mishap, but this mother f*%ker needs to keep his got d*m mouth shut.

I was completely stunned! Then, in my 24 years of living, I’d never heard a man berated in such a belittling way. Both guys lasted a few more months with the team. GM fired and head trainer left.
Atkins&Rebel
Head Coach

I can see where Angelo would have wanted the head trainer to "sign off" as saying there's no medical concerns, but if Bennett's account were true (and I have no real reason to doubt him), then Rusty basically threw away his career on either a horrible gag, or a stupid display of power where he was simply puffing himself up with.
I will kill you if you cut me at the knees. You will drink with me when invited and stay til I say so. We only listen to American Music. I make men nervous with just my presence. I expect an apology if you hold. I throw linemen at QB's. Believe the Lore!
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

ok, i fucked up. Rusty Jones left in 2013 and he was the only dude on the strength staff that i could initially find who left in that time frame but it was actually tim bream:

https://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/b ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

which makes more sense, only in regards to how respected (reportedly, anyway) rusty jones was.
wab
Mod

Yeah, Tim Bream was reportedly a real bag of dicks.
G08
Hall of Famer

No wonder that regime was a cluster fuck.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

Who wants to relive the todd collins era?
https://twitter.com/EarlBBennett/status ... 7085615104" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;