View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Search for:
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 9:53 pm 
Assistant Coach

GSH wrote:
when i still lived in London you would register your interest for tickets on the nfl or wembley website and you get email notification when they are available.

Beer in Wembley? thought they stopped selling it in the stadium outside of the VIP bars up top at sporting events.

nevermind im an idiot and i guess this at the new spurs stadium, not wembley

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 12:45 am 
Journeyman

The Bears Bucs game was around 10 years ago now so not sure if they changed anything but they were selling beer just like at a US stadium then. The pre-party in the parking lot same thing...

Side note...

Don't buy travelers checks no one accepts them...

When you get there either buy a throwaway phone or get a pay as you go sim card...

Tell your bank you're going there ahead of time or they will freeze your account the first purchase you make...

Don't bring any money back that needs to be exchanged back to US currency no one around me would even the place I exchanged at beforehand only will weigh any coins and give you some change back even though you have coins worth multiple dollars. Such a scam... I had around 50 bucks in coins and they gave me around a buck 85 back.

If you take the bullet train... if you book 2 weeks ahead of time it will be nearly 1/2 the cost as buying it on the day you want to travel.

If you plan on backpacking it like we did a bit of advice... Don't use a military backpack like I did or you'll be detained at every train station or point of entry...

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 4:43 pm 
Head Coach

Knuckles wrote:
The Bears Bucs game was around 10 years ago now so not sure if they changed anything but they were selling beer just like at a US stadium then. The pre-party in the parking lot same thing...

Side note...

Don't buy travelers checks no one accepts them...

When you get there either buy a throwaway phone or get a pay as you go sim card...

Tell your bank you're going there ahead of time or they will freeze your account the first purchase you make...

Don't bring any money back that needs to be exchanged back to US currency no one around me would even the place I exchanged at beforehand only will weigh any coins and give you some change back even though you have coins worth multiple dollars. Such a scam... I had around 50 bucks in coins and they gave me around a buck 85 back.

If you take the bullet train... if you book 2 weeks ahead of time it will be nearly 1/2 the cost as buying it on the day you want to travel.

If you plan on backpacking it like we did a bit of advice... Don't use a military backpack like I did or you'll be detained at every train station or point of entry...

What's the Bullet Train? All the trains in the UK are bobbins!

Noted Brain Genius Malk, Summer 2018.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:52 am 
Journeyman

Tickets for the two White Hart Lane games, of which the Bears vs Raiders is one, go on sale tomorrow at 10am over here in the UK for anyone who is tempted.

Only "season tickets" are on sale tomorrow, not sure when the single game tickets go on sale, but I suspect there will be big demand for the season tickets- there was last year when it all kicked off because Wembley season ticket holders weren't entitled to match the number of Wembley tickets they had when purchasing White Hart Lane tickets.
This year they've stuck it to the loyal/returning ticket holders completely by not offering any advance access or discount on WHL tickets :(

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:43 am 
Rookie

The view from pretty much every seat in the Tottenham Hotspur (pronounced Tot-num) stadium has an excellent view.
The single tier South Stand holds 17.5k fans and is behind the goal. This is where I have my soccer Season Ticket. The North stand is in 3 tiers while the sideline stands are the East and West.

The top of the South Stand is not advisable for vertigo sufferers.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:27 am 
Journeyman

It's not looking good :'(

The website is awful (AGAIN!) and I've been in the queue on 3 different machines, on 3 different internet connections for 1.5 hours now... 2 froze and I've had to rejoin the queue. The third has been hanging at ~99% progress for about 20mins and looks like it's probably frozen too :( Maybe I won't be going after all!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:40 am 
Journeyman

Sold out within 1.5hours :(

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:44 am 
Rookie

Individual tickets on sale from 27th June I believe.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:45 am 
Rookie

And hospitality on the 18th June.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:34 am 
Rookie

Visiting fan here. Did anyone get tickets to the game? I am a Panthers fan going to London the week after and would be interested in buying the other half of your package. I did get 2 "season" tickets so I have 2 tickets to the Bears/Raiders game, so also would be willing to trade my Raiders/Bears tickets for your Panthers/Bucs. I've got a load of friends going to the game and we only managed to get 2 out of the whole group.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next