Bears Throwback - Devin Hester's Rookie Season

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Boris13c
Hall of Famer

what better way to start getting amped up for football than reliving one of the magical rookie seasons of a former Bear

since our video tag thing still doesn't work, you have to click the link

Devin Hester Relives RIDICULOUS Rookie Season! | Throwback Originals

the missed field goal return for a TD against the Giants remains one of my favorites ... the blocking on that is just so fun to watch as any Giant in the way is obliterated :D

second favorite is the game winning punt return against the Cardinals that caused Dennis Green to go nut in his post game
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

I had the good fortune of being at the 12/11/06 MNF game in St Louis. Bears kicked ass and Devin had a PR and KR TD that night. Even the Rams fans got excited during his runs, but pissed afterwards. Tailgated in the rain all night and got sick as hell the next day. Great memories though. The wife and I partied with peeps we didn't know, Rams fans, who let us join their tailgate. Thank goodness the game was in a dome.
Xee
Site Admin

My most memorable Hester moment was the punt return against Arizona. Was watching it at home with my brothers and my dad and we screamed like maniacs.

I also had the fortune of being at a game where he returned a punt for a touchdown (think it was against the Lions), the one and only game I've ever gone to. My memory is a bit hazy about actually seeing it since my seat was so far away but I do remember the sound of the whole stadium roaring, it just gave you the chills. I actually think I recorded audio of the game; need to see if it's still somewhere.