View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Search for:
Author Message
 Post subject: Kicking Kompetition
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 5:11 pm 
Offline
MVP
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:22 pm
Posts: 1225
For rookie minicamp today, they took all EIGHT kickers they invited, and had gave them all 1 kick from 43 yds out.
(Yeah, that's where Parkey's kick was from)


Guess how many made and how many missed.
(Only if you don't know the answer already)

Bonus points: how many hit the uprights?

_________________
1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.


Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Kicking Kompetition
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 6:48 pm 
Offline
Crafty Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2016 2:44 pm
Posts: 902
They were 2 for 8. Got a long way to go.

_________________
Never Die Easy


Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Kicking Kompetition
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 7:24 pm 
Offline
MVP
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:35 pm
Posts: 1813
Baron and Evans made their kicks, love the competition Nagy is creating.

_________________
“Protect this fucking house, go all out, leave that shit out on the field, let’s have some fun, makes some plays baby ” Mitch Trubisky #believethesleeve


Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Kicking Kompetition
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 9:48 am 
Offline
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:34 pm
Posts: 14619
Location: World Championsville
I think Baron has a legit shot at winning this competition.

Also, sounds like we signed a kicking consultant -- a move that I love. Jamie Kohl, runs his own professional camp and has tutored tons of NFL kickers: https://kohlskicking.com/about/why-choose-kohls

_________________
Image

"I don't care about numbers, I care about letters" -- Matt Nagy


Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Kicking Kompetition
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 10:36 am 
Offline
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:06 am
Posts: 7453
Location: Berwyn, IL
I think it's great. We have eight kickers in camp, and the first day of rookie mini-camp Nagy puts the fire to them. The whole team standing around watching as these guys try to make it from the distance Parkey missed from. That's a clear signal from the Bears that 1) They are not fucking around in choosing a kicker, and 2) they are going to put a lot of value on the position, so they better be prepared to compete.

Love it.

Nagy is a going to be the Bears HC for a long time. That dude HATES to lose, and will do anything he has to, to make sure it doesn't happen. Including making the competition for the kicker position a no holds barred, knock down drag out fight.


Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Kicking Kompetition
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 11:22 am 
Offline
Head Coach
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:33 pm
Posts: 2978
Location: Valparaiso, IN, USA
I think it's a great approach. Love that they're bringing in a bunch of guys. Love the 43-yard statement right at the start. My wild guess is that Baron comes out on top of this group. I've thought for some time that both Robbie Gould and the Bears want to reconnect, given any opportunity.

_________________
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.


Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Kicking Kompetition
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 9:38 pm 
Offline
Head Coach
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:43 pm
Posts: 4983
Location: Armpit of IL.
Only thing is, the snapper and holder may not be up to par. Many don't think of the these two positions, but if there is the slightest miscue, it throws everything off. Kicking in front of all the rooks is not the same as kicking for your team in front of 60,000 fans. It is the best they can do at the time, but I think just the pressure of trying to win the job is probably weighing on these guys more.


Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Kicking Kompetition
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 1:31 pm 
Offline
Head Coach
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:33 pm
Posts: 2978
Location: Valparaiso, IN, USA
Otis Day wrote:
Only thing is, the snapper and holder may not be up to par. Many don't think of the these two positions, but if there is the slightest miscue, it throws everything off. Kicking in front of all the rooks is not the same as kicking for your team in front of 60,000 fans. It is the best they can do at the time, but I think just the pressure of trying to win the job is probably weighing on these guys more.
Nagy pointed that out in his discussion of what happened. Did I also hear that they were 8 for 8 on day 2?

_________________
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.


Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Kicking Kompetition
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 2:49 pm 
Offline
MVP
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:35 pm
Posts: 1813
Mikefive wrote:
I think it's a great approach. Love that they're bringing in a bunch of guys. Love the 43-yard statement right at the start. My wild guess is that Baron comes out on top of this group. I've thought for some time that both Robbie Gould and the Bears want to reconnect, given any opportunity.



Even though both parties may want to reconnect, it just doesn’t seem feasible at this point. Gould is tagged, the niners said they won’t trade him, I don’t see the bears offering any future draft pick and the biggest kicker of them all, the salary cap. The bears already have a 5.1M dead cap charge, if you add Gould’s possible contract, the bears would be into the kicker position near 9-10M. That’s just not smart football. If you add in Trubisky’s extension and players like Mack, Fuller and Robinson cap hits, the bears will have to pinch some pennies. Finding a solid kicker on the cheap would help this team out a lot. Plus, Gould just put his Chicago home on the market.

_________________
“Protect this fucking house, go all out, leave that shit out on the field, let’s have some fun, makes some plays baby ” Mitch Trubisky #believethesleeve


Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Kicking Kompetition
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 2:54 pm 
Offline
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:34 pm
Posts: 14619
Location: World Championsville
Mikefive wrote:
Otis Day wrote:
Only thing is, the snapper and holder may not be up to par. Many don't think of the these two positions, but if there is the slightest miscue, it throws everything off. Kicking in front of all the rooks is not the same as kicking for your team in front of 60,000 fans. It is the best they can do at the time, but I think just the pressure of trying to win the job is probably weighing on these guys more.
Nagy pointed that out in his discussion of what happened. Did I also hear that they were 8 for 8 on day 2?


Six for eight.

_________________
Image

"I don't care about numbers, I care about letters" -- Matt Nagy


Top
 Profile  
 
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: TheSting and 9 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group