Schefter: Bears trade '21 7th to OAK for K Eddy Piniero

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Bad Flanders wrote:I don't know if these means anything for real but the kid wasn't a sports science major either, said his major was criminology. That might mean nothing at all, but I think it could point to him being a pretty smart guy who wasn't in school to just play ball. That's gotta be worth something when it comes to a job needing such mental focus. Maybe grasping at straws but I want this so bad! LOL

My degree is law enforcement administration (criminology very similar) and you don't have to be too smart to tackle that major. Maybe putting myself down, but the truth is the truth. I would say any and every math class I ever had was much more difficult than any criminal/law enforcement class.

If the Raiders traded this guy, what does that say? He has no NFL experience and would believe if they thought he had any potential, they would have kept him. Hell, wasn't their kicker a Viking castoff?
G08
Hall of Famer

Otis Day wrote:
Bad Flanders wrote:I don't know if these means anything for real but the kid wasn't a sports science major either, said his major was criminology. That might mean nothing at all, but I think it could point to him being a pretty smart guy who wasn't in school to just play ball. That's gotta be worth something when it comes to a job needing such mental focus. Maybe grasping at straws but I want this so bad! LOL

My degree is law enforcement administration (criminology very similar) and you don't have to be too smart to tackle that major. Maybe putting myself down, but the truth is the truth. I would say any and every math class I ever had was much more difficult than any criminal/law enforcement class.

If the Raiders traded this guy, what does that say? He has no NFL experience and would believe if they thought he had any potential, they would have kept him. Hell, wasn't their kicker a Viking castoff?
He basically was the lead for their kicking job last season until he got hurt. Their kicker was a Vikings cast-off, but they made a minor adjustment to his mechanics and he had a hell of a season.

If you ask me, we may have gotten lucky here with this kid so long as his accuracy is as good as his leg strength.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"
wab
Mod

Otis Day wrote:If the Raiders traded this guy, what does that say?
*stares at you in Khalil Mack*
thunderspirit
Head Coach

wab wrote:
:rofl:
KFFL refugee.

dplank wrote:I agree with Rich here
RichH55 wrote: Dplank is correct
:shocked:
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

G08 wrote:
Otis Day wrote:

He basically was the lead for their kicking job last season until he got hurt. Their kicker was a Vikings cast-off, but they made a minor adjustment to his mechanics and he had a hell of a season.

If you ask me, we may have gotten lucky here with this kid so long as his accuracy is as good as his leg strength.
If you ask me, we may have gotten lucky here with this kid so long as he can kick off of the fairly sloppy grass or dirt that is Soldier Field. His college highlights are usually off some form of unnatural grass.
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

thunderspirit wrote:
wab wrote:
:rofl:
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

Otis Day wrote:

If the Raiders traded this guy, what does that say?
BR0D1E86
MVP

Otis Day wrote:

I think he was, but this guy won the job then got hurt. The Vikings castoff was like 16/17 for them last year after they picked him up.
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

Plus the Vikings are almost historic for messing up kickers to have them leave and then play well.
Umbali
MVP

Otis Day wrote:

Also wasnt Robbie a Patriots cast off cus they had Adam V?
Fantasy Team: Peanut Punchers
G08
Hall of Famer

Mikefive wrote:
G08 wrote:
Otis Day wrote:

If you ask me, we may have gotten lucky here with this kid so long as he can kick off of the fairly sloppy grass or dirt that is Soldier Field. His college highlights are usually off some form of unnatural grass.
Your way of saying you're worried about his plant foot?
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

G08 wrote:
Mikefive wrote:
G08 wrote:
Otis Day wrote:

Your way of saying you're worried about his plant foot?
Something like that, yes.

Sugashane
Player of the Month

I'm a Gators fanatic and was pounding the table for him come draft time. Seeing us get him in Chicago is absolutely amazing.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

interesting side note - the NFL Transactions notes in the Washington Post reported "Oakland Raiders acquired a conditional 2021 seventh round draft pick from Chicago for WR K Eddy Piniero"

so Eddy is multi-talented!

:-P
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
wab
Mod

Where the hell is Ring?? We need him to weigh in here.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

wab wrote:

:rofl: I guess we could look at it that way.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

A lot of us were talking about how Parkey's kicks alway seemed to fall off to the right. Almost as if he was losing velocity on the ball halfway to the goalposts, and the ball would just flutter.

Watching Piniero's kicks. They are driven, with a small predictable draw to them, like all of the great kickers have. I'm excited to see what happens with him.
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:A lot of us were talking about how Parkey's kicks alway seemed to fall off to the right. Almost as if he was losing velocity on the ball halfway to the goalposts, and the ball would just flutter.

Watching Piniero's kicks. They are driven, with a small predictable draw to them, like all of the great kickers have. I'm excited to see what happens with him.
I also noticed that they go almost straight. I approve! :)

southdakbearfan
Head Coach

Mikefive wrote:
Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:A lot of us were talking about how Parkey's kicks alway seemed to fall off to the right. Almost as if he was losing velocity on the ball halfway to the goalposts, and the ball would just flutter.

I also noticed that they go almost straight. I approve! :)
Straight is good but I could give a damn if it changes direction 6 times on the way there if they go through the uprights.
docc
Head Coach

I want deep..into the stands kick offs..
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

I wonder what Alex Brown would say about bringing Piniero in. :D

Umbali
MVP

docc wrote:I want deep..into the stands kick offs..
thats what she said :o
Fantasy Team: Peanut Punchers