View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Search for:

The Bears Regular Season Record will be...
15-1 or 16-0 9%  9%  [ 2 ]
14-2 9%  9%  [ 2 ]
13-3 13%  13%  [ 3 ]
12-4 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
11-5 48%  48%  [ 11 ]
10-6 22%  22%  [ 5 ]
9-7 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
8-8 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
7-9 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
6-10 or worse 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 23
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 1:59 pm 
Head Coach

The draft is now behind us and so is FA for the most part. Predict the Bears season record and discuss.

We were 12-4 last year.

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 2:13 pm 
Head Coach

I said 11-5. But I considered 10-6. Here's why...

Many negative factors to consider this year...
1. New defensive coach and philosophy. Sure, we're still a 3-4 team. But will that work as spectacularly well as it did with Fangio, his style and knowledge of the players?
2. First place schedule. I don't tend to emphasize that as much as others. But on paper, our schedule looks pretty formidable.
3. Injuries. We were super healthy last year. What happens when the injury bug bites us?
4. A weak year for new additions. No R1 or R2 picks. Not much in FA. But most other teams did.

On the positive side...
1. Biscuit is another year older, more experienced and not changing systems again.
2. Nagy now has a year of HC experience and moves forward with offense v2.0.
3. New RB group--principally with DM--may operate more effectively with pieces that fit better.

As I was pondering this, it was a coin flip pre-draft between 10 and 11 wins, knowing we had limited draft choices. But honestly, getting David Montgomery at the plug and play RB position bumps me to 11 wins. Signing Piniero doesn't hurt either. Maybe I'm just drinking the koolaid.

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 2:28 pm 
Mod

I expect the offense to take up any slack that the defense may experience early in the year. I think it'll take a month or so for the defense to round into form.

As always, there's factors to consider but 11-5 feels right.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 3:09 pm 
Crafty Veteran

I am notoriously bad at this...

wab wrote:
I11-5 feels right.

...but this is cosigned.

This space for rent.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 3:39 pm 
Rookie

The smart money would be on 10-6 but my gut feeling is telling me we go 13-3 and lock up the 2nd seed in the NFC. I know pundits and fans alike feel a regression in the defence but I think with a more agressive Pagano along with a 2nd year Smith and Ha Ha and Eddie spells even more turnovers!!
Also I think no 10 makes another jump and this offence will be top ten!! I can never remember such a team spirit with both offence and defence dping their piece for the team following Da Bearz.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 4:05 pm 
Head Coach

The off season is the time for optimism so...

Trubisky comes into his own with; a full offseaon in the same system; more, much needed for him, experience; more familiarity with his weapons.
The running backs are better suited for Nagy, even if just in Nagy's mind. That alone will improve his playcalling a little.
The game is going to slow down for Nagy as a head coach and I'm expecting better adjustments.
The defence will actually suit Pagano's extra aggression and it will compensate for losing Amos and Callahan.
Mack in game shape from game 1! No hold out from Smith!

You can look at the schedule and think, oh they look tough, don't want to travel there... Nope. Every single team we play sees us on the schedule and wishes we weren't there. We're good enough now that it isn't about them, its about us.

14-2 and in week 15 there will be talk of if we'll sweep the division.

Noted Brain Genius Malk, Summer 2018.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 4:12 pm 
Hall of Famer

OK. I'm going full meatball on this. Another year in the same offense, with a better fit at RB, and a healthy Miller. A healthy OL with Whitehair and Daniels swapping spots. A defense with a healthy Floyd, and an improvement at S with Ha-Ha Clinton Dix. A more aggressive DC.

This is going to be a fun year. The only two losses will be to the Chargers and the Chiefs.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 4:17 pm 
Head Coach

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:
OK. I'm going full meatball on this. Another year in the same offense, with a better fit at RB, and a healthy Miller. A healthy OL with Whitehair and Daniels swapping spots. A defense with a healthy Floyd, and an improvement at S with Ha-Ha Clinton Dix. A more aggressive DC.

This is going to be a fun year. The only two losses will be to the Chargers and the Chiefs.

Noted Brain Genius Malk, Summer 2018.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 5:33 pm 
Crafty Veteran

thunderspirit wrote:
wab wrote:
11-5 feels right.
... but this is cosigned.
Agreed.
malk wrote:
... You can look at the schedule and think, oh they look tough, don't want to travel there... Nope. Every single team we play sees us on the schedule and wishes we weren't there. We're good enough now that it isn't about them, its about us ...
This for sure.

Its gonna be a fun year. :banana:

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 8:05 pm 
Head Coach

16-0 or 11-5. voted for 11-5 but my gut says 16-0 right now.