Pompei & Pierson's "Top 100 Bears in Franchise History"

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

AZ_Bearfan
MVP

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/lance-briggs-named-best-bears-player-of-past-decade-by-pff/

I don't know if Briggs was great, or if he had nude pictures of high ranking NFL officials.... but his stats are not bad. 16 picks and 5 of those for TD's is unheard of from a linebacker.
malk
Head Coach

AZ_Bearfan wrote:https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/lance-briggs-named-best-bears-player-of-past-decade-by-pff/

I don't know if Briggs was great, or if he had nude pictures of high ranking NFL officials.... but his stats are not bad. 16 picks and 5 of those for TD's is unheard of from a linebacker.
Eh, just more confirmation that PFF jumped the shark a while back. Yes, I'm doubling down.
"I wouldn't take him for a conditional 7th. His next contract will pay him more than he could possibly contribute.".

Noted Brain Genius Malk, Summer 2018.

(2020 update, wait, was I right...)
AZ_Bearfan
MVP

I'll admit, I'm a UofA fan and was there when Desert Swarm was in action. That said, you can't say he wasn't good just because he played by Urlacher. He didn't get to choose the roster. You have to go by his stats and what offensive players during his time say about him.
Atkins&Rebel
Head Coach

I'll reiterate that Briggs was a good LB. Rarely missed tackles, could close in on coverage on the strong side zone, was generally not a weakness on the defense. But he was only asked to work a small portion of the field in Lovie's defense and rarely made a difference if Urlacher was out of the lineup.
I will kill you if you cut me at the knees. You will drink with me when invited and stay til I say so. We only listen to American Music. I make men nervous with just my presence. I expect an apology if you hold. I throw linemen at QB's. Believe the Lore!
tjs
Journeyman

I may have been exposed to Briggs more because of my age, but I love Briggs. Think he was underrated and think it's awesome that he was Bear for his whole career.

Just a contrarian opinion. Definitely higher on him than most, and most likely due to the time I got into the Bears