John Fox says Bears have had NFL's worst offseason

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

AZ_Bearfan
MVP

“What I find refreshing, I liked John Fox, but John Fox didn’t treat fans with respect. And I’m a [Bears] fan. I’m a season ticket holder. And it was kind of like, ‘You don’t deserve to know,’ or ‘I’m not going to give you a lot of information.’ What I really like about Matt [Nagy] is I think he recognizes and respects that the fans aren’t idiots.” ~ Gary Fencik
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

For someone to say we did the worst job of improving our team without indicating why we were more cap limited (Kahlil Mack) and why we didn't have a #1 pick (Kahlil Mack) and why we didn't have a R2 pick (Anthony Miller) who were both clearly productive players is simply telling half the story. Technically, he's right. But if that's all you're looking at then you're either ignorant (he's not), foolish (he's not) or flat out negatively biased. He's also right about the kicker thing. But wab deftly pointed out the incredible irony in that.
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
Butkus34
Rookie

He picks the Bears who have one issue and it started when he was the coach. Cutting Gould. Yes, the Bears have not found a replacement in the following 3 years, but they also didnt fire their GM after the draft like Houston, the mega mess the Jets are at GM and all, or the Giants making nonsensical moves. Great job Fox, dumbass.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
ImageImage
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

wab wrote:
UOK wrote:https://chicago.suntimes.com/bears/2019 ... n-nfl-espn

“I think when you’re going to play defense, you’re going to lean on takeaways to help a young offense, and you don’t have a kicker, a reliable kicker, that you’re going to need those points from after some of those turnovers,” Fox said on ESPN’s “NFL Live,” where he serves as an analyst. “I think the kicking question is really big right now in Chicago. And I think that might be a problem for them in the season.”
Says the guy that was largely responsible for pushing Robbie Gould out the door.

sour grapes because he was then pushed out the door?

and just wtf does he know about how the kicking situation is going to turn out? he suddenly pull a crystal ball out of his butt to see into the future?
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
Ormazd
MVP

Knuckles wrote:One of the worse Bears coaches in my lifetime and Fox criticizes the Bears offseason? He has no leg to stand on... Why would he even be on TV he has the worse personality and has proven himself to be the type of person that thinks he's above the fans of the NFL. He treated fans in Chicago like they were infants. Out of all the coaches the Bears had since 1970 he's the only one that I never listened to after the game. He always came across as an asshole.

Worse offseason lol... Guess he forgot we got Mack and Miller with picks from this year. It doesn't surprise me because the guy couldn't even get a challenge flag right once as a Bears HC.
LOL. I was just thinking about the time he challenged a goal line call (Benny Cunningham, I think?) and ended up losing the ball as a touchback.
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

Mikefive wrote:For someone to say we did the worst job of improving our team without indicating why we were more cap limited (Kahlil Mack) and why we didn't have a #1 pick (Kahlil Mack) and why we didn't have a R2 pick (Anthony Miller) who were both clearly productive players is simply telling half the story. Technically, he's right. But if that's all you're looking at then you're either ignorant (he's not), foolish (he's not) or flat out negatively biased. He's also right about the kicker thing. But wab deftly pointed out the incredible irony in that.
i was making the jackoff motion so hard at fox's comments i broke my damn wrist.

we are exactly where we should be. the roster has been radically made over. we have rookies competing with draft picks. we have one issue we're working to fix (kicker) and because everything exists in a vacuum it's being magnified. this is, i'd argue, the most complete rosters we've ever had, and THE most complete roster we've had since the 85 team.

fox is a clown who the game passed by. fuck him.
docc
Head Coach

Fuack Faux..

Idiot..inept..
wab
Mod

AZ_Bearfan wrote:“What I find refreshing, I liked John Fox, but John Fox didn’t treat fans with respect. And I’m a [Bears] fan. I’m a season ticket holder. And it was kind of like, ‘You don’t deserve to know,’ or ‘I’m not going to give you a lot of information.’ What I really like about Matt [Nagy] is I think he recognizes and respects that the fans aren’t idiots.” ~ Gary Fencik
To be fair - some fans absolutely are idots. Legitimately football stupid. But I don't think those are the fans Fencik is talking about.