Breakdown of Trubisky's Decision-making, Mechanics, etc.

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

jamus34
Journeyman

I agree a lot of his issues seem mechanical.

that said, I think he has mechanical issues because, like the video states, he thinks too much when he has time.

He just doesn't have the total game day reps to make things muscle memory.

I do find it ironic that he is better the shittier the position he's put in. almost the inverse of Grossman or to a lesser degree, Cutler, who seem to do great when they had the ability to carve up defenses but put some pressure on them and they folded like a cheap chair.
Last edited by jamus34 on Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ursamagnus
Practice Squad

I believe in Money Mitch. This is a big year.
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
ursamagnus
Practice Squad

"There isn’t a quarterback in the NFL that can outwork Trubisky and that’s why I expect him to make another jump in play in 2019."

https://www.windycitygridiron.com/2019/ ... eid-system" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

In the end, I believe he's going to do the work and get as better as he can every year. He's got the right mentality, he's got the physical tools, he's just got to keep doing the work and getting better.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

I love Brett Kollman. I believe he's one of the best analysts on YouTube. Not sure what his background is, but he really seems to understand football at a technical level.

His assessment of Trubisky is spot on. He's a stone cold killer when the pressure is on, and wildly inconsistent when it's not. But I think Kollman alluded to the idea that Trubisky just needs to turn his brain off and play. When he over thinks the play, or the defense, he runs into trouble. When he needs to make a play with the clock winding down, he just plays, and as BK said, "let's that motherfucker fly." Which at this point, is all about time in a system. Getting comfortable with the concepts that Nagy is teaching.