No votes
* 8-8
No votes
* worse than 8-8
No votes

Total votes: 21
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

The Bears of 2019 will be an exciting and successful team to watch. I am going full meatball with this group, and see big improvement and much success and a legitimate run to represent the NFC in the Super Bowl. Their regular season record may not be better than in 2018, but their post season record will be.

Who's with me?!?!?
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
UOK
Site Admin

I went with 10-6, because a regression is typical after such a huge season, BUT I think they'll get in the playoffs and with good health, will make a lot of noise.
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

I've been saying 11-5 all offseason and don't see any reason to change now.
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
wab
Mod

It's tough. I understand why people expect a regression...because Bears. But I think it'll be 11-5. 7 out of the first 10 games look very winnable.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

I voted for 12-4 or better.

Like Jake Taylor says in Major League, there’s only thing left to do. Win the whole fuckin’ thing. That’s this year. Enjoy the ride.
jamus34
Journeyman

We have some losses on the defense but overall our front 7 is probably tops in the NFL and by a wide margin. You help your DB's tremendously when the QB is looking out his earhole halfway through the first quarter.

Our offensive personnel losses were minimal. And everyone gets the benefit of a second year in the same system / same scheme.

I put 12-4 or better. We may not get there...but I think we will be competitive in every game. There is not a single team out there that I don't think we can't go into the last 3 minutes of the game against and not have a chance to win.

It's just a matter of winning the games we're supposed to win...both regular season and post season
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

Bump.

Step up to the plate peeps. We've had a preseason game already. :-)
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
wab
Mod

Mikefive wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:53 pm Bump.

Step up to the plate peeps. We've had a preseason game already. :-)
My opinion remains unchanged.
Middleguard
MVP

jamus34 wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:08 pm It's just a matter of winning the games we're supposed to win...both regular season and post season
Like a Lovie Smith team (except for his last years when the defense was old and they lost games at the end of the season that they would have won at the beginning of the season).

If the Bears are Superbowl bound (which our window watchers say they better be) then they should be able to beat any/everybody. I see only one game they should lose, and a few others that could be close. But they'll also lose a few that they shouldn't.

If they can't match last year's record, and also don't get to the SB, I'm going to go into a serious funk.
IE
Hall of Famer

I guess 12-4. I really only see two "probable losses" against the Chief and the Saint. But like last year against the Ram they might pick off one or even both of those darlings. Do we really see this defense giving up score after score against any team like we'eve seen in some high-octane shootouts like last year's Ram/Chief game? I don't. Maybe one. Maybe two. I believe oftentimes or even more often than not, the defense will shock those offenses. Of course a few games will certainly end up going the wrong way because that's just how it goes with an unfortunate turnover or ST play or two.

I think the Eagle loss let most of the air out of the balloon and the team still has a big chip and feels like there's a lot to prove. On offense they're clearly going to be better. I don't see regression in any area except a bit at DC. I see Haha/Skrine/Shelly as a net positive over Amos/Callahan. I personally see 5-6 guys on defense who were really good last year being even better this year, making the entire D better. Which is pretty exciting since last year's D was IMO the most talented overall and fun Bear D to watch since the 80's. There'e no Danny Manning or Hunter out there. There is talent and depth at ever single position.
2023 Chicago Bears... emerging from a long hibernation, and hungry!
BR0D1E86
MVP

20-0. Some random team will forfeit without even being on the schedule.

Really though I think 12-4. I’m a believer.
HurricaneBear
Head Coach

Before last season I predicted we would go 13-3 with a heartbreaking playoff loss that would then propel the 2019 Bears to a Super Bowl win. Nothing has changed that for me. I stand by my previous Super Bowl win prediction, however I think our record might not be as good as last year. I have been debating between a repeat of 12-4 or an 11-5 season but the overall perception of this years Bears will be they are a better team than last season. Since I prefer to be an optimist, I'll go with 12-4. This year's Bears will dominate through the post season on their way to another big win over New England in the Super Bowl.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

Boris13c wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:31 am The Bears of 2019 will be an exciting and successful team to watch. I am going full meatball with this group, and see big improvement and much success and a legitimate run to represent the NFC in the Super Bowl. Their regular season record may not be better than in 2018, but their post season record will be.

Who's with me?!?!?
I am full meatball. I believe that Mack & Co. will redefine the word DEFENSE. I think that Trubisky will take a big step forward, not a leap, but a huge step. ARob will become the WR he was in 2015/2016. DMont will be much better in Nagy's offense than Howard was.

I'm saying 13-3.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:00 pm
Boris13c wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:31 am The Bears of 2019 will be an exciting and successful team to watch. I am going full meatball with this group, and see big improvement and much success and a legitimate run to represent the NFC in the Super Bowl. Their regular season record may not be better than in 2018, but their post season record will be.

Who's with me?!?!?
I am full meatball. I believe that Mack & Co. will redefine the word DEFENSE. I think that Trubisky will take a big step forward, not a leap, but a huge step. ARob will become the WR he was in 2015/2016. DMont will be much better in Nagy's offense than Howard was.

I'm saying 13-3.
I'm right there with you. I have gone full meatball and I love it. The Bears will destroy everything they see this season. Mercy is for the weak.
Sugashane
Player of the Month

I say 11-5.

4-2 in the division (Sit starters vs MIN week 17 inc. as division locked up, Tru and Nagy have 1 bad game just due to youth and inexperience)
Split the NO/PHI match up one way or another
Lose a trap game vs bad team (Broncs or NYG)
KC I'm iffy on if they get hot, media goes full retard with Mahomes over Trubisky