Wk 1 // CHICAGO BEARS vs GREEN BAY PACKERS

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Funkster
MVP

It’s finally here, the first game, there isn’t a better way to kick off the 100th season than the bears beating the pukes. My bears flag is flying high and I’m counting down the days! Let’s get it on.

Bears 27
Pukes 17
“Protect this fucking house, go all out, leave that shit out on the field, let’s have some fun, makes some plays baby ” Mitch Trubisky #believethesleeve
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

Bears 27
Packers 10
Bad Flanders
MVP

Bears 19

Pack 13
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

ARE WE THERE YET? ARE WE THERE YET? ARE WE THERE YET? ARE WE THERE YET?

[video][/video]
VA_Mountain_Bear
Crafty Veteran

OK I'll be the happy homer here. I do have some nervousness about going into this game because of all the times the Pack has slapped us, and wondering if our starters are ready without playing in the preseason. However, I see them down a starting MLB which Monty will feast on, more weapons on our team on BOTH sides of the ball, and the Pack having a diva QB who is already in tension with the new HC and their brand new system.

Bears 37 3 offensive td, 1 defensive td and 3 FGs
Packers 23 2 tds 3 FGs
Xee
Site Admin

Had some health issues this past weekend so I'm fired up to get some level of normalcy back with this game. It's also put me in a bit of a "que sera" zen mood so I don't think a L will bug me as much as it normally does. That being said, the Packers are looking to replicate what the Bears did last year with Nagy and catch lightning in a bottle by having a rookie coach turn around two seasons of losing and not making the playoffs. Can it happen? Sure, there's a possibility. Are we going to see it in Game 1? No way in hell.

Bears 20
Packers 16

Rodgers magic is not going to be enough to overcome a Bears D that's chomping at the bit to make up for the playoff loss. Our offense is not going to be firing on all cylinders out of the gate and Tribusky will make one or two boneheaded decisions that will lite up the forum going into Week 2, but he'll do enough to give us a comfortable lead until the end and Pineiro will go 2 for 2, delaying any questions about the kicker position until later.
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

While I don't know that the coaches are going to harp on it (maybe a little), you can bet your bottom dollar that the Bears--particularly on defense--will remember week 1 from a year ago. No 4th quarter letdowns this time!

In the unlikely event that anyone cares... It's confirmed! Packer fan son and I will be watching the game in my living room! :-)
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
BR0D1E86
MVP

Burton was limited in practice today, and they’re saying he’s going to be a game time decision.
Mr.Irrelevant
Player of the Month

On offense Mitchy comes out prepared, comfortable, and ready to pick the Packers apart. Plus our run game looks better than it did all last year. We mount several 7 minute scoring drives.

When the Packers have the ball they are unable to sustain drives as they are overwhelmed by our front 7. They can't run nor can they pass protect long enough for their receivers to get open. Rodgers' frustration with the new offense is noticeable by the third quarter. They do manage some points do to special teams and penalties, but the game isn't as close as the score would indicate.

Bears 27
Packers 16
UOK
Site Admin

Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

So apparently part of LaFluer's offense is that the QB is not allowed to audible at the line. Or if he can, it's to one specific alternate play. So essentially he's telling Aaron Rodgers, "run my play or else."

This ought to go well.
docc
Head Coach

Already informed staff I WILL be leaving the office at 4PM.. I have about 15 minutes drive home..then I will watch the dismemberment of Pukedom..wait..PukeDoom...
BeattieFeathers
Practice Squad

no pickem league?
cblaz11
MVP

Bears-27
Packers-24
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Here's pickem league for ya:

group # 46027
group name: Bears' Year?
Password: Ditka89
On Yahoo
Bearfanuk
Assistant Coach

Entered..Nothing more I love then getting my butt beat every week on a pick em
Have a great day
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

Entered.
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

The bet is ON!

Packer fan son and I have shaken on a bet, whereby whoever's team finishes the better regular season record gets to pick a day when the loser has to wear the other team's jersey around the office all day. :evilgrin: (We both work at the same office.)
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Boris13c
Hall of Famer

This is the first time in a long time my hopes and wishes for a win over the hated Packers isn't at least partially quashed by the feeling of dread about how the Bears will find a way to lose.

I firmly believe the Bears are the better team, but that hasn't helped them in times past, when the better Bears team would gift Goon Bay with touchdowns and wins.

THIS time there will be no gifts. No friendly warm welcome for the Packers to again wipe their feet on the Bears. THIS time the better Bears team will prevail, sending the message of their intent to rule the NFC North, and beyond.

THIS time the only magic Aaron Rodgers will display is his ability to actually survive the game, forget winning it.

THIS time is OUR time.

And the Packers and the rest of the league need to get used to it.
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
Middleguard
MVP

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:50 pm So apparently part of LaFluer's offense is that the QB is not allowed to audible at the line. Or if he can, it's to one specific alternate play.
Wasn't that how Trestman designed his offense?

Bears 24
Packers 21
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

Humorous... by Robert Schmitz

AZ_Bearfan
MVP

Hahaha..... "ball-hawk safety, Adrian Amos."
UOK
Site Admin

The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

AZ_Bearfan wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:58 am Hahaha..... "ball-hawk safety, Adrian Amos."
It’s something about the (Fuck The) Packers. The delusions of grandeur will flow like wine.

They aren’t just fans don’tchaknow. They are “shareholders”.

Then every player they get and especially oft injured McGimpy the high 30-something QB is labeled as some sort of false idol.

Anything to take their minds off of shitting in the woods, the similar physiques of their men and “women”, and what happens on the day the refs are allowed to call holding on them.

I’ve lurked, not posted, on a couple different Inbred Bay Packer “shareholder” forums and they’re all in a froth about tomorrow. They’re gonna get a shit burger the likes of which hasn’t been seen in a long time.
AZ_Bearfan
MVP

The NFCN torch was passed last year. They are just road kill in the way of progress at this point. I can't wait to kick the shit out of them and listen to the media question why it happened for months.... make a butt ton of excuses for Erin.... then claim that the second game in Lambeau will be the real test. Whatever.... we live in the dog house. Keep overlooking these guys. We're fine with the underdog mentality.
UOK
Site Admin

wab
Mod

I too have lurked on a few Packers message boards, and even NFL boards in general...and no one, literally no one...thinks Mitch is any good.
G08
Hall of Famer

I'm starting to get nervous... but that's to be expected. @Bears Whiskey Nut the story I've heard is that the offense doesn't allow for audibles traditionally but LeFleur is making an exception for Rodgers (which, to me, means Rodgers bitched about it and got his way).

I don't like the unknown that will be the Packers offense and I don't like the unknown that is Chuck Pagano's play-calling. Heavy blitzing makes me nervous at times because it leaves your secondary vulnerable to big plays. That's fine IF we have an offense that can score at will. I'm really curious to see what we do offensively... is Montgomery going to wind up forcing Nagy to give him the ball more than the other backs? Is Mitch going to be comfortable and in rhythm with his receivers? How is Miller going to look? Is Burton healthy?

God I fucking missed this shit... I feel ALIVE!
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"
AZ_Bearfan
MVP

I just want to see another one of these priceless action shots of Erin tomorrow. Maybe 2.
UOK
Site Admin

wab wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:16 pm I too have lurked on a few Packers message boards, and even NFL boards in general...and no one, literally no one...thinks Mitch is any good.
They act like he's going to throw 50 picks this season, sacked 80 times, and be another Bears bust.

They don't want to acknowledge the WR talent, which is arguably the best in the NFL and the best the Bears have had for years (perhaps in my fan tenure, anyway), that the starting offensive line is probably the best in the conference, the defensive line is elite, the linebackers are even more elite, the corners and safeties are pro bowlers, and that the HC won coach of the year last season.

All they see is the following:
  • double-doink
  • Mahomes/Rodgers/Brady
  • Trubisky = Smiley Cutler
And it's going to be a rude awakening when this team gets in the playoffs and shits in someone's cereal. The only thing holding them back is injuries and so-so depth.