Wk 1 // CHICAGO BEARS vs GREEN BAY PACKERS

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

wab
Mod

It's also amazing at how much they over-value Amos. I liked the dude, but he's not Rod Woodson.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

UOK wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:21 pm
wab wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:16 pm I too have lurked on a few Packers message boards, and even NFL boards in general...and no one, literally no one...thinks Mitch is any good.
They act like he's going to throw 50 picks this season, sacked 80 times, and be another Bears bust.

They don't want to acknowledge the WR talent, which is arguably the best in the NFL and the best the Bears have had for years (perhaps in my fan tenure, anyway), that the starting offensive line is probably the best in the conference, the defensive line is elite, the linebackers are even more elite, the corners and safeties are pro bowlers, and that the HC won coach of the year last season.

All they see is the following:
  • double-doink
  • Mahomes/Rodgers/Brady
  • Trubisky = Smiley Cutler
And it's going to be a rude awakening when this team gets in the playoffs and shits in someone's cereal. The only thing holding them back is injuries and so-so depth.
It’s all because the “shareholders” in GB have lived this fantasy bubble existence for the better part of 20 years.

No town of 100k people deserves to have an NFL team. If the league started today, nobody could say with a straight face that GB would get a team. Looking at the placement of NFL teams its the only one that makes people go WTF?

Go look at historical penalty rates. There was a period of consecutive years where they were consistently at the top of the least penalized teams in the NFL. Sorry but I smell a rat.

Then they have Favre and Rodgers in a row.

For some reason, a romance with small town America?, the media is in their back pocket. Go look at Bleacher Report. Fake News City for GB constantly.

All of that adds up to something that has to be like 20 standard deviations above the norm for the existence of an NFL team. The “shareholders” won’t know how to respond to a decade of 6-10 when it goes tits up for them.
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

If that's what they think of Mitch, what are they going to say when he beats them? That Pettine is garbage? (I'm OK with that. :evilgrin:)
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
BR0D1E86
MVP

wab wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:26 pm It's also amazing at how much they over-value Amos. I liked the dude, but he's not Rod Woodson.
For real. If you had to rank him among our 11 defensive starters last season, what was he, 9th best? Ahead of Floyd and maybe Bilal? He’s a solid player, but I never have considered him a game breaker or anything.
UOK
Site Admin

Amos could stop the run and occasionally deflected a pass. He was the opposite of a playmaker. Steady, reliable, sound tackler.

These fans are just trying to justify the price they paid for the guy.
LacertineForest
MVP

Bears: 26
Packers: 19

Ditka. Sausage. Da Bearsss!
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

Just like everyone was skeptical about Nagy/Trubisky they should have as much, if not more trepidation about LaFluer/Rodgers. The difference being that Lafluer is trying to control a HOF/asshole QB, that does not work well with others. Someone said it on sports radio today. If they start winning, they'll be fine. But as soon as they hit a skid, and LaFluer tries to gain control of his team, watch the whole thing implode.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:42 pm Just like everyone was skeptical about Nagy/Trubisky they should have as much, if not more trepidation about LaFluer/Rodgers. The difference being that Lafluer is trying to control a HOF/asshole QB, that does not work well with others. Someone said it on sports radio today. If they start winning, they'll be fine. But as soon as they hit a skid, and LaFluer tries to gain control of his team, watch the whole thing implode.
You're right. I think the Packers experiment does implode and it could be a mushroom cloud level kaboom. Works for me. Fuck them.

The Packers are doing the trendy thing by hiring the "whiz kid" similar to McVay and Nagy.

The big difference is that both the Rams and the Bears have QBs who are very early in their careers who aren't set in their ways and don't have egos the size of skyscrapers. Goff and Biscuit really had no choice but to buy into those systems.

Also, both the Rams and Bears have better defenses than the Packers and the offenses are also much better. Nagy also comes from Andy Reid's stable of churning out head coaches.

LaFleur's hiring looks like an act of desperation to me and it might even be the Packers preparing for Rodgers' eventual retirement where he plays for LaFleur for a couple of years and then retires.
G08
Hall of Famer

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:42 pm Just like everyone was skeptical about Nagy/Trubisky they should have as much, if not more trepidation about LaFluer/Rodgers. The difference being that Lafluer is trying to control a HOF/asshole QB, that does not work well with others. Someone said it on sports radio today. If they start winning, they'll be fine. But as soon as they hit a skid, and LaFluer tries to gain control of his team, watch the whole thing implode.
God, and I would LOVE for us to be the team who lights that fuse :evilgrin:
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

Too much fun....
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
AZ_Bearfan
MVP

I've been so confident this entire offseason. But the old "Bears fan doubt" just started creeping back in to my thoughts. I cannot wait for this game to start and a new era of football to begin in Chicago.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

24 HOURS TO GAME TIME!!!!

That is all...
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

G08 wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:02 pm
God, and I would LOVE for us to be the team who lights that fuse :evilgrin:
Rodgers: “Tell LaFluer I said fuck you!”

Sound familiar?
MoFugger
Head Coach

I would feel a lot more confident about this matchup if it were later in the season, like any week later in the season.

Nah, screw it! I'm going full-blown Homer.

Bears 27
🧀 12

we finally have a defensive coach that's going to dial up the pressure on 3rd and long. At least I hope so because I swear to God if I see Rogers convert another third & 20 + I'm going to freaking lose it.
G08
Hall of Famer

docc
Head Coach

Wearing a nice Bears polo to the office..with my usual 25 year old Bear cap.. Dark blue pants..blue and orange socks..

I sport this and have for bad years and good..and now ready for GREAT..
Going to Luke's for Beef Combo..lunch..
Pick up a Rosati Pizza Sausage classic..and a 12 pack..
Tucson is a big BEARS town..Chicago Bar will be rockin'..we have a lot of Chitown folks moved here..
I watch at home..and Discord with all my buds..
EXCITED..

Time to DO IT..
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

My 87 yr old father-in-law will be in. Big Bears fan. I will be making some deep dish 'za. Probably italian sausage and ham. He will probably want some Buds. It is great watching with. He is a real laid back guy, doesn't get too excited. I will be cussing, jumping up and down and yelling. He thinks I can be foolish, but it works. Thursday nights is our night to have him in. It is special to get to spend time with the guy. He is a grinder. Still farms and loves his Bud.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

GAME DAY BITCHES!!!!

Game day haiku;

Chicago Fall day
Rodgers butt hurt in the turf
The season is here
HurricaneBear
Head Coach

The change started with an Eddie Jackson interception, the first interception in what seemed to be a million throws. Not all realized it at the time, but in that moment these Bears threw off the shackles that were placed on this franchise 30 years ago by a man named Brett. The change continues tonight, as our Chicago Bears kick open the cell door and scream to the entire world, “WE ARE HERE!” And this time their is nothing the aging warden, a man named Aaron, can do about it.

I was not yet 3 the last time the Bears held the trophy that this game is played for. It is time the Bears hold it again. Bear down my friends. The best ride of our lives starts tonight.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:16 am GAME DAY BITCHES!!!!

Game day haiku;

Chicago Fall day
Rodgers butt hurt in the turf
The season is here
I’m loving the haiku Whiskey.

Rejoice my fellow Children Of Thanos.

ITS GAME DAY BITCHEZ!!!!
UOK
Site Admin

Fuck the Packers
So much riding on this game
No injuries please
jamus34
Journeyman

Probably most excited I've been for Bears season in close to 20 yrs.

Which also has me extremely nervous due to the letdown potential.

Bear Down Chicago Bears!!!!
mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

wab wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:16 pm I too have lurked on a few Packers message boards, and even NFL boards in general...and no one, literally no one...thinks Mitch is any good.
I dont know if mitch is any good either.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

That and the Packers forums think that Bahktari is some sort of genetic chimera between Anthony Munoz, Joe Thomas and The Predator.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

The Marshall Plan wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:09 am
That and the Packers forums think that Bahktari is some sort of genetic chimera between Anthony Munoz, Joe Thomas and The Predator.
Bahktari is good, but not Mack good. I can assure you that Mack has been studying his tendencies. Not only that, but Bulaga on the other side is old and injury prone. They won't be able to handle the Bears front five, and a blitzing Roquan Smith. Not even with five Bahktaris.
IE
Hall of Famer

Nobody but Mack can stop Mack.

Trubisky is already good. He's just not above-average until he proves it on the field. It is perfectly OK that he is average and improving. He's as good as MANY SB - winning QBs. Including McMahon.

A couple of dozen teams could have grabbed Rodgers... please no conspiracies. The NFL is a private business, and where the team decides to reside is their business. They used to play in Milwaukee half their games when they were bad. We'll see what happens if they have a decade or more of horrible performance and fans stop trekking to GB. It is funny how people predict mean reversion for the Bears but not for the Packers. ROFL

I fully expect the Bears to be better this year than last. I predict as many - if not more - defensive Turnovers and TDs. It feels like September of 1985.
2023 Chicago Bears... emerging from a long hibernation, and hungry!
mohner1
Practice Squad

Bears 23
Pack 19

3TD's and a safety.
“Taylor, we've run out of timeouts. Go in there and get hurt.”
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:23 am
The Marshall Plan wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:09 am

Bahktari is good, but not Mack good. I can assure you that Mack has been studying his tendencies. Not only that, but Bulaga on the other side is old and injury prone. They won't be able to handle the Bears front five, and a blitzing Roquan Smith. Not even with five Bahktaris.
It would be really interesting to know the master plan that the Packers have to block all those guys. Mack getting double teamed should be standard operating procedure. So then who is left to cover Hicks, Smith, Floyd etc. Then add onto it the fact that they don’t have any film with Pagano calling the shots with the #1 defense so they don’t even know where it’s going to come from. It couldn’t happen to a better group of people too. Screw the Packers.
Funkster
MVP

It’s game day fellas. I’ll be reppin’ the bears flag, my white hat and my Trubisky white jerseys. Wish I was at this game but I got the Seattle area covered! Bear down!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“Protect this fucking house, go all out, leave that shit out on the field, let’s have some fun, makes some plays baby ” Mitch Trubisky #believethesleeve
G08
Hall of Famer

I'm at work and all I can fucking think about is this game baby... Can't wait!!!