Wk 1 // CHICAGO BEARS vs GREEN BAY PACKERS

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Mikefive
Hall of Famer

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:23 am
The Marshall Plan wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:09 am

That and the Packers forums think that Bahktari is some sort of genetic chimera between Anthony Munoz, Joe Thomas and The Predator.
Bahktari is good, but not Mack good. I can assure you that Mack has been studying his tendencies. Not only that, but Bulaga on the other side is old and injury prone. They won't be able to handle the Bears front five, and a blitzing Roquan Smith. Not even with five Bahktaris.
Floyd has played better than usual against Baktiari. I'd expect that matchup to get tested again, which leaves Mack attacking Bulaga, an exploitable circumstance. I'd expect TE help on the strong side. Those are huge issues for the Pack. The way to beat Rodgers is to slam him to the ground a few times. :evilgrin:
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
HurricaneBear
Head Coach

So who does everyone see scoring the first points of the Bears season? I have Allen Robinson scoring on a 7 yard slant from Mitch early in the first quarter.
wab
Mod

If the Packers start badly...say 0-5...Rodgers trade talks are going to start. If this entire season goes badly for them, Rodgers WILL be traded and they'll look for a young dude in the top half of round 1 to pair with LaFluer.

I hope these things happen. I hope so hard.
Umbali
MVP

Bears 27

Pack 17
Fantasy Team: Peanut Punchers
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

HurricaneBear wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:19 am So who does everyone see scoring the first points of the Bears season? I have Allen Robinson scoring on a 7 yard slant from Mitch early in the first quarter.
My Guy, The Chosen One, Anthony Miller gets first blood on a post route. Runs right by Amos too. Eat shit Packer.
wab
Mod

HurricaneBear wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:19 am So who does everyone see scoring the first points of the Bears season? I have Allen Robinson scoring on a 7 yard slant from Mitch early in the first quarter.
Akiem Hicks. Mack strip-sacks Rodgers on the first play of the game, Hicks scoops it up and chugs 15 yards into the endzone.
Xee
Site Admin

mohner1 wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:35 am Bears 23
Pack 19

3TD's and a safety.
Was talking to a fellow Bears fan at work the other day and mentioned I think the Bears will score 20. He responded with a sarcastic, "You think the defense is going to score ten safeties?" Har har.
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

Since I'm wearing my #29 jersey at work right now, I've got Cohen on a little dink throw. :-)
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Mikefive
Hall of Famer

wab wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:27 pm
Akiem Hicks. Mack strip-sacks Rodgers on the first play of the game, Hicks scoops it up and chugs 15 yards into the endzone.
I like it! When I saw this question asked, I wondered if somebody would choose a defender! :thumbsup: And you would also get credit if he scores on a handoff! Savvy thinking there.
Last edited by Mikefive on Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

Packer forums seem to think our defense is vulnerable in the secondary. I read a lot of "Mack is good, but we've handled him before..." Really?? When was that? 'Cause it wasn't last year.

By the way...Nate Burleson's 100th NFL year rap this morning on Good Morning Football...was off the hook man. It was fantastic. Very Will Smith-ish.
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

"Handled" is a relative term. :rofl:

BR0D1E86
MVP

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:51 pm Packer forums seem to think our defense is vulnerable in the secondary. I read a lot of "Mack is good, but we've handled him before..." Really?? When was that? 'Cause it wasn't last year.

By the way...Nate Burleson's 100th NFL year rap this morning on Good Morning Football...was off the hook man. It was fantastic. Very Will Smith-ish.
If I’m not mistaken, Mack has played the packers 3 times. He’s got I think 4.5 sacks and an int/ touchdown. So keep on handling him fellas.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

The young man D-Mont runs it in from 7 yards out, on a HD Dive up the middle. Both Whitehair and Long road grade a hole you could drive a truck through, and Montgomery waltzes into the end zone.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

BR0D1E86 wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:13 pm
Bears Whiskey Nut wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:51 pm Packer forums seem to think our defense is vulnerable in the secondary. I read a lot of "Mack is good, but we've handled him before..." Really?? When was that? 'Cause it wasn't last year.

If I’m not mistaken, Mack has played the packers 3 times. He’s got I think 4.5 sacks and an int/ touchdown. So keep on handling him fellas.
Don't forget the tea bag on Kizer last year as well.
IE
Hall of Famer

For prop bets I went crazy with $3-5 bets.
I have:
- Bears covering and then a small backup bet of them winning by between 7-12.
- Miller scoring at TD.
- ARob over 59.5 yards.
- Trubisky over 22.5 yards rushing.
- Montgomery over 2.5 receptions
- Monty over 19.5 yards receiving.
- Monty also over 60.5 yards rushing.
- Cohen over 19.5 rushing.
- Eddy Money scoring first.
- INT of Rodgers.
- And at least one ST or defensive score in the game.

Total homer.
2023 Chicago Bears... emerging from a long hibernation, and hungry!
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

welp, time for shaheen to put up or shut up
Funkster
MVP

Good one. I’m going with Montgomery gets skinny through the hole, jump cuts pass a LBer then he’s off to the races.
“Protect this fucking house, go all out, leave that shit out on the field, let’s have some fun, makes some plays baby ” Mitch Trubisky #believethesleeve
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Underwhelming 1st half to say the least. Trubisky has done nothing to quiet his critics. Didn’t like the playing right before the half. O has to step up big time
UOK
Site Admin

Talk about killing every bit of momentum.
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

Xee wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:31 pm
mohner1 wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:35 am Bears 23
Pack 19

3TD's and a safety.
Was talking to a fellow Bears fan at work the other day and mentioned I think the Bears will score 20. He responded with a sarcastic, "You think the defense is going to score ten safeties?" Har har.
Could really use a few of those safeties right about now
IE
Hall of Famer

I don't mean this totally - but for this game (and for not playing anyone in the preseason).... fuck Nagy. The Bears don't need Trubisky to throw 65% of the time to win. I don't care what his excuse is... he blew this.
2023 Chicago Bears... emerging from a long hibernation, and hungry!
UOK
Site Admin

That second Trubisky contract will probably be in Miami. Looked mostly bad tonight. Offensive line was garbage. Mike Davis is the new Mizzell. Shaheen’s career can be put on ice. Nagy’s Cute Cookbook had no tasty recipes, in fact it made me ill.
EricTighe
MVP

Nagy sucked tonight
EricTighe
MVP

Nagy sucked tonight
RING4CHI
Hall of Famer

I'm so fucking sick of losing to the Packers.
"Every team needs badasses." - Dan Hampton
wab
Mod

Well that was disappointing
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

This is why Trubisky doesn't get the respect Bears fans want him to, perfect example. That was a terrible throw into Amos' hands. Double coverage, stared him down the entire time. He made no big plays and until he consistently wins close games, he will not get respect.

Hated the O play calling tonight. Nagy is new age, likes the shotgun. likes cute. 3rd and inches and Trubs is in shotgun and they run a cute TE screen that failed! Really?

This is exactly why a lot of Bears fans (me included) have trepidation whenever we play GB. The BEARS ARE RODGERS' BITCH. It is true.
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

Is GB's defense that good? Or is Trubisky and the offense that bad?

Biscuit in Nagy 200 class looks like a D- so far.

Mikefive
Hall of Famer

Is GB's defense that good? Or is Trubisky and the offense that bad?

Biscuit in Nagy 200 class looks like a D- so far.

RING4CHI
Hall of Famer

Outside of one drive where the touchdown was allowed, the defense balled out tonight. Even then, it was one big play that set that up.

With how excellent this defense is, the margin of error shouldn't be one play, but because of the offense, it was.

Nagy/Trubisky have 10 days to do some soul searching, otherwise Fangio is going to tear them apart and the Bears will be staring down the barrel of 0-2.
"Every team needs badasses." - Dan Hampton