The Tape Never Lies- The Good, The Bad & The Trubisky (WEEK 2)

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

AZ_Bearfan
MVP

Boris13c
Hall of Famer

so I take it this is the beginning of the Good Mitch / Bad Mitch discussions
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

These are so subjective and pretty much bullshit.

Just for one example, Nagy addressed the throw at 13.40 ish mark specifically stating that Trubisky put the ball in the right spot and robinson was suppose to flatten out his route. But if you just look at the video it looks like it was thrown way off.

There is blame all around but I think of lot of the woes are just being out of sync so far.
Funkster
MVP

After watching last years and now this years film, I’ve come to this conclusion, Trusbisky is good on the move. Nagy’s mantra is “be you”, I think he needs to take his own advice and let Trubisky be himself. The offense would benefit greatly from play action and play action boots, this is a win/win. Play action cuts the field in half limiting the QB’s reads, something Trubisky hasn’t mastered yet. PA boots moves the pocket, it just so happens to be Trubisky is at his best when he is on the move. Point blank, he throws dimes when he’s moving. Trying to make him a pocket passer is taking away what makes him so dangerous. I also feel this will open up deep explosive plays that the bears have been just a smidgeon off from completing. It’s early in the season and they have already shown much improvement from game 1 to game 2. If they get the bugs worked out early and get on a roll, that’s what you want anyways, to be hot going into the playoffs.
“Protect this fucking house, go all out, leave that shit out on the field, let’s have some fun, makes some plays baby ” Mitch Trubisky #believethesleeve
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

Funkster wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:02 pm After watching last years and now this years film, I’ve come to this conclusion, Trusbisky is good on the move. Nagy’s mantra is “be you”, I think he needs to take his own advice and let Trubisky be himself. The offense would benefit greatly from play action and play action boots, this is a win/win. Play action cuts the field in half limiting the QB’s reads, something Trubisky hasn’t mastered yet. PA boots moves the pocket, it just so happens to be Trubisky is at his best when he is on the move. Point blank, he throws dimes when he’s moving. Trying to make him a pocket passer is taking away what makes him so dangerous. I also feel this will open up deep explosive plays that the bears have been just a smidgeon off from completing. It’s early in the season and they have already shown much improvement from game 1 to game 2. If they get the bugs worked out early and get on a roll, that’s what you want anyways, to be hot going into the playoffs.
Agree 100 percent.

We have also played two pretty dang good defenses as well.

I also think it was a mistake to not play starters in the preseason which is the reason for a lot of struggles and cause of a lot of mistakes from all starters.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Funkster wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:02 pm After watching last years and now this years film, I’ve come to this conclusion, Trusbisky is good on the move. Nagy’s mantra is “be you”, I think he needs to take his own advice and let Trubisky be himself. The offense would benefit greatly from play action and play action boots, this is a win/win. Play action cuts the field in half limiting the QB’s reads, something Trubisky hasn’t mastered yet. PA boots moves the pocket, it just so happens to be Trubisky is at his best when he is on the move. Point blank, he throws dimes when he’s moving. Trying to make him a pocket passer is taking away what makes him so dangerous. I also feel this will open up deep explosive plays that the bears have been just a smidgeon off from completing. It’s early in the season and they have already shown much improvement from game 1 to game 2. If they get the bugs worked out early and get on a roll, that’s what you want anyways, to be hot going into the playoffs.
That's actually really smart. Adjust the playbook to the strengths of the personnel and not just some preconceived notion of what the offense should be.

This team doesn't need a litany of RPOs and various trickery to win games. The offense needs to be competent. If they score 20 points per game and have a respectable amount of TOP so the defense doesn't get exhausted then we're gonna win a crap load of games.
jamus34
Journeyman

1) Trubisky has been bad to adequate so far this season.

2) Our line play has been atrocious both games.

I think if we ran Montgomery in the GB game like we did at Denver we would have won.
BR0D1E86
MVP

jamus34 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:37 am 1) Trubisky has been bad to adequate so far this season.

2) Our line play has been atrocious both games.

I think if we ran Montgomery in the GB game like we did at Denver we would have won.
I think Trubisky has been atrocious to “I wonder if he’d get a D1 scholarship offer if he was in high school” this season.

The offensive line was awful against GB. It was fairly solid against Denver. They got almost no pressure on Trubisky. It didn’t get a ton of push, but they were stacking the hell out of the box since the quarterback couldn’t hit Lake Michigan if he was standing on a boat.
VA_Mountain_Bear
Crafty Veteran

To me the biggest obstacle to the offense right now has been the blocking hands down. Leno has SUCKED...and as the video of the past two weeks show, the tape never lies. I hope he can get coached back into reasonable form. We need to run a lot more and build play action off of it.
Xee
Site Admin

Didn't want to create another thread, but I came across another breakdown of Mitch. I'm only 5 minutes in so I can't speak to the quality of the analysis but just thought I'd share it:

thunderspirit
Head Coach

This is interesting, thanks for the find, @Xee.

It certainly looks like Trubisky isn't quite ready to trust Patterson.

It also seems like the game plan was for Trubisky to get the ball out fast on most plays. That's sensible against a defense like Denver, though it does show plays that come open but the ball came out before they fully develop. But not quite as many as it first seemed.
KFFL refugee.

dplank wrote:I agree with Rich here
RichH55 wrote: Dplank is correct
:shocked: