Moderator: wab

UOK
Site Admin

jamus34
Journeyman

That sucks...here comes the club.
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

So, is this going to not affect him for 8-10 weeks, the way Floyd's club hand didn't affect him for 8-10 weeks last year?
1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.
Richie
MVP

Moriarty wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:23 pm So, is this going to not affect him for 8-10 weeks, the way Floyd's club hand didn't affect him for 8-10 weeks last year?
As was outlined a bit last season. Floyd's game is more reliant on the use of his hands than other D-lineman might be. Nichols is a DT. It's a bit different. Not saying it doesn't hurt his play... but it doesn't necessarily have to be like Floyd. Plenty of guys have been effective with the club.
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

Richie wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:30 pm
Moriarty wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:23 pm So, is this going to not affect him for 8-10 weeks, the way Floyd's club hand didn't affect him for 8-10 weeks last year?
As was outlined a bit last season. Floyd's game is more reliant on the use of his hands than other D-lineman might be. Nichols is a DT. It's a bit different. Not saying it doesn't hurt his play... but it doesn't necessarily have to be like Floyd. Plenty of guys have been effective with the club.
Certainly it affects different players and different positions differently.

My intent was more of a jab at the ridiculously unbelievable - and therefore, also completely pointless - nonsense the Bears kept spewing about how Floyd was 'fine and it really wasn't affecting his play that much at all.'

It was only slightly less dumb and insulting than if the Steelers were to spend this week saying they "aren't sure whether Rudolph will be starting on Sunday or if Rothlisberger will be ready to go."
1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.
Richie
MVP

Moriarty wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:25 am
Richie wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:30 pm

Certainly it affects different players and different positions differently.

My intent was more of a jab at the ridiculously unbelievable - and therefore, also completely pointless - nonsense the Bears kept spewing about how Floyd was 'fine and it really wasn't affecting his play that much at all.'

It was only slightly less dumb and insulting than if the Steelers were to spend this week saying they "aren't sure whether Rudolph will be starting on Sunday or if Rothlisberger will be ready to go."
Ah, I gotcha. That makes sense.
wab
Mod

RRH has been a beast in there, but if both Hicks and Nichols miss time then the Bears could be in a pickle. It's too early in the season for this shit.
VA_Mountain_Bear
Crafty Veteran

wab wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:05 am RRH has been a beast in there, but if both Hicks and Nichols miss time then the Bears could be in a pickle. It's too early in the season for this shit.
Nagy said he thinks Hicks's knee is a normal "wear and tear", whatever that means, but indicates he believes it is not serious and Hicks should play.