Eddie Goldman wins Inaugural "Sweep the Sheds" award

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

tjs
Journeyman

https://www.chicagobears.com/news/goldm ... 4wMGLLaX9s

Cool idea that builds the locker room culture and reinforces doing the little things.

Plus it comes from the most dominant rugby (maybe all of sports?) team in the world. I'm all for copying anything and everything from the All Blacks.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

I really like this too. I just read the article on the Bears website. I like that the award's name comes from a place of humility and service. I like that the jersey is displayed and Goldman wears a special jersey during the week. It's about calling out the players that are acting on behalf of the team, and not themselves. Great culture builder.
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

not being too big to do the little things,” Nagy said. “There are a lot of times that people’s play and things that people do go unnoticed and they don’t get recognized.

“Everybody looks for the fantasy stat lines. They want to see who scored the most points to help them win their fantasy game. But there are a lot of people who do the little things who don’t get recognized and we want to recognize them.”
If they don't limit players to winning once per season, they might as well just rename it the Eddie Goldman Award.
1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.