BFO "Sweep the Sheds" Award

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

OK. A great performance by the defense, and a serviceable effort by the offense. We all know who showed up on tape; Mack, Robinson, Williams, RRH.

But who's name didn't get called much, that did the little things to bring a victory to the beloved?

My nomination is Kyle Fuller. He shut down his receiver today, and gave Cousins NOWHERE to go with the ball. He had a couple of really solid tackles. Then there was that amazing pass deflection across the middle to prevent a potential first down by Minnesota.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Well, this guy's name did get called and I know it may be against what you are asking but Kwit just kicked ass. Second teamer, busting butt in practice, playing a role, comes in and kicks ass and takes names. Leads the team in tackles, 1 sack, 2 TFL and a FF. He gets my vote.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:15 pm OK. A great performance by the defense, and a serviceable effort by the offense. We all know who showed up on tape; Mack, Robinson, Williams, RRH.

But who's name didn't get called much, that did the little things to bring a victory to the beloved?

My nomination is Kyle Fuller. He shut down his receiver today, and gave Cousins NOWHERE to go with the ball. He had a couple of really solid tackles. Then there was that amazing pass deflection across the middle to prevent a potential first down by Minnesota.
I nominate Nick Williams. One of my favorite things about elite units like our defense, which is the best since the 85-86 groups, is that because no name guys play alongside super studs they aren't accounted for and the hungry ones step up. Its what I've always wanted for Floyd now that we have Mack. Great to see those second and third tier guys get in on the action.
UOK
Site Admin

Black Nick and White Nick:

jamus34
Journeyman

He absolutely destroyed Cook on that play - it was awesome to watch.
thunderspirit
Head Coach

The two Nicks were stellar.

I'm going to put in a plug for Sherrick McManis. That open-field tackle he made on Marcus Sherels was terrific, plus being in position to down one of O'Donnell's boomers at the MIN 8 a bit later.
KFFL refugee.

dplank wrote:I agree with Rich here
RichH55 wrote: Dplank is correct
:shocked:
Mr.Irrelevant
Player of the Month

Sherick McManus. Great, great job on punt coverage. He, Megapunt, and Patterson flipped the field every time we needed it. He needs to be active every week.

Thunderspirit - you stole my guy!
AZ_Bearfan
MVP

White Nick gets my vote this week. I actually told my kid to watch how slow he is and to see how big of a difference R. Smith makes when he's out there. Then we sat and watched Kwiatkoski just wreck plays. He was playing out of his mind.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

A few plays before, Kwiat swam over Cook, and got by him. This time Nick fakes like he's going to try it again, and then unloads under Cook's pads and obliterates him. Just beautiful.
KOP_Snake
Head Coach

Pierre-Louis won it.
GSH
MVP

Deserved shout out to Megapunt. He has been on point all season so far but was booming it in this game. Its funny where I watch other games and see punters whiff on kicks and it makes me appreciate his consistent play this season.

And he's handsome af dont @ me.
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

The Marshall Plan wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:38 am
Bears Whiskey Nut wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:15 pm OK. A great performance by the defense, and a serviceable effort by the offense. We all know who showed up on tape; Mack, Robinson, Williams, RRH.

I nominate Nick Williams. One of my favorite things about elite units like our defense, which is the best since the 85-86 groups, is that because no name guys play alongside super studs they aren't accounted for and the hungry ones step up. Its what I've always wanted for Floyd now that we have Mack. Great to see those second and third tier guys get in on the action.
I was thinking about Nick Williams the other day that I know absolutely nothing about him other than he plays DT and we picked him up last year. If anyone else is interested... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nick_Will ... e_lineman)
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.