bearsfaninaz
Head Coach

I might've spoke to soon lol
skamanfrank
Journeyman

The tackling is awful
UOK
Site Admin

What a shitshow loss. Shame on these guys for playing a first half that will go down as one of the worst in team history, then losing due to a 97 yard drive followed by a dopey pick from a supposed cagey veteran.

Fuck these losers. Nagy fucked up by flying out so late and their veterans all collectively got run over by a .500 club.

Disgraceful. Fuck the Bears today.
skamanfrank
Journeyman

This was dubbing fucking gutting. Props to the receivers for getting up back in the game.

Our run game was non existent on both sides of the ball. We could run it, or defend the run. Daniel put the ball in some good spots, but showed that he is immobile and makes dumb ass mistakes!

Gutted just because I had my hopes up so much. Wouldn't have minded a loss if we turned up and played our hearts out, but we just didn't turn up. Except for perhaps the receivers in the second half!
Nagy's offense and play calling looks a world away from last year....

Met some nice Bears fans who had made the trip though!
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:00 am I have to say. I'm getting a little nervous. I was looking through the Raiders roster and depth chart. This looks really lopsided. Which screams "trap game" to me.
This was my big concern. The Bears come out completely flat in the first half. That was really bad.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

This team is what it is, not perfect. The D shot the bed against what WAS a mediocre offense. Gruden had a helluva game plan. The fake punt? Not really impressed with Tabor’s coaching.
WP.1
Player of the Month

leading by 4, near end of game, back to back plays
- call punt block
- no stop fake punt

how dumb
WagonForce
MVP

Bears definitely have some soul searching to do going into the bye. The remaining schedule is extremely tough.
VA_Mountain_Bear
Crafty Veteran

That running into the kicker penalty was horsehit. Oline, particularly Leno, suck. How could this unit go downhill in one season so drastically? The comeback was good, that Int at the end was terrible. Missing Hicks really hurts, and the backups came back to earth today. Overall we got pushed around for a half, and that is hard to win that despite a good comeback
UOK
Site Admin

Whitehair will go to C and Long’s gotta be benched or IR’d. They’re impotent out there.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

second half was better than the first, but they still self destructed ... don't care how tired you are, you can't give up a 90+ yard go ahead drive if you're a top flight defense

and there is no explanation for the game clinching interception thrown
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
UOK
Site Admin

Nagy in postgame made a point to blame the offensive line shitting the bed. Change is coming.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

UOK wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:51 pm Nagy in postgame made a point to blame the offensive line shitting the bed. Change is coming.
Good. This should be the new OL.

Leno - Daniels - Whitehair - Bars/Coward - Massie
crueltyabc
Hall of Famer

Long’s decline isn’t a shock but Daniels failing at C is a big disappointment. Still hopeful long term but right now... damn that oline looks like trash.

Not a great game for the defense but they did force some turnovers to compensate for terrible run D. Has Eddie Jackson made a single play this year? We are gonna miss Hicks if that elbow injury is anything at all since he’s already playing with that bad knee.
xyt in the discord chats
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

crueltyabc wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:15 pm Long’s decline isn’t a shock but Daniels failing at C is a big disappointment. Still hopeful long term but right now... damn that oline looks like trash.

Not a great game for the defense but they did force some turnovers to compensate for terrible run D. Has Eddie Jackson made a single play this year? We are gonna miss Hicks if that elbow injury is anything at all since he’s already playing with that bad knee.
I think teams are throwing away from Jackson's side of the field. That could be part of it. Like Mack, they're not going to let Jackson beat them.

Not sure what the deal is with Daniels. Really puzzling. Maybe it's just too much for him at C right now. Long needs to sit for the foreseeable future.

I think Hicks is done for the year. That was bad. He'll probably need surgery.
HurricaneBear
Head Coach

Fuck this team. I don’t know how some of you older guys deal with this, but after nearly 30 years of the same shit different year they are pushing me to be ready to throw in the towel. I wish i could have seen the 85 bears play.
dplank
Hall of Famer

We can blame the line (and we should, they were AWFUL)...but our D is overrated and it showed today. Teams can shove the ball down our throat and neutralize Mack in the process. We got DESTROYED today, should have lost by 3 TD's. A truly gutless effort from the D, and everything I've feared since we lost Vic and hired Pagano. This game had Pagano stench all over it.
GSH
MVP

wims was wide open on that thrown pick at the end into triple coverage.

miller needs to show out on the field before running his mouth like he does.

bench leno and long. we seriously look better on the line when long isnt playing.

Hope hicks isnt out for too long.

Roquan wasnt ready, he looked lost out there against the run and was getting manhandled.
MoFugger
Head Coach

1. I instinctively want to bash Chase Daniels right now. but honestly, we knew who he was and I thought he played well enough for us to win.
2. Akeem Hicks is my favorite player on this roster. I almost wish he would have said this game out because it sure looks like his season is done and I am heartbroken by that.
3. I tip my hat to Jon Gruden and his staff. The Raiders were not the best team in the field. But they were better prepared and better coached for this game.
4. Someone on this board this week brought up sherrick mcmanis. key block on these 71-yard return and perfect execution of the peanut punch (although I still don't understand why he was on the field for that play, I'm glad that he was).
5. People have citicized Nagy for getting too cute. I'm actually wondering who put the chastity belt on him?
I am not just talking about today, but there seems to be a little creativity and a whole lot of predictability.
6. I still prefer to have Clinton-Dix, I still believe he is a better playmaker than Amos. But when it comes to making a tackle, I do kind of miss Amos.
7. Speaking of fundamental tackling??? Did we leave that at home?
8. Anthony Miller. he had as many bad plays as he had good ones, and the good ones came at a great time so of course we're going to focus on that mostly. He has to step his game up. I understand that he's been fighting injuries this year, but he has to step his game up.
9. Allen Robinson was a fantastic pick up!
10. Charles Leno Jr is probably one of the top 10 left tackles playing in the NFL this week. He is still not good enough. I won't go so far as to say it was a mistake to lock him up, but it would be a mistake to count on him going forward for the next few years.
11. Obviously, the game plan was to contain Mack. the last thing Gruden wanted was for that guy to have a career day, and again tip your hat to Gruden.
But where the hell was everybody else

12. As a fan, I'm pissed off we lost this game. and I am pissed off that we lost this game this way going into the bye week so there are two weeks left with this taste in my mouth.

that being said, there is a ton of talent on this team, from the coaching staff, on down to the practice squad.
then this is probably a really good time to be able to stop for a bit and regroup.
This is where we start our 14 -2 season!
Bear Down!
BR0D1E86
MVP

It goes without saying that the running game needs to get fixed, basically immediately. And for a supposed great defense, you don’t let a mediocre at best offense March 97 yards down the field on you to win the game.
docc
Head Coach

This team is not currently a threat to be a Super Bowl team. The breakdown on O line and porosity on Defense is more than just a QB issue.
First half play and play calls were abysmal obviously. All good team have let down games..but this was avoidable i think
Get there early as many teams have found out..jet lag can be two days of lethargy..and seems to have been part of the mess..
Foolish penalties..at horrible situations..

Mr Daniel is what he is..and we need more.. Mitch brought the team back to FG range in a few seconds..Chase cannot..

Long season yet..get to playoffs..learn and develop..maybe something good can happen..
Knuckles
Player of the Month

Going to start this by saying I like Nagy... But...

He made a great impersonation of Trestman today. Totally unprepared, no heart, lets his guys commit penalty after penalty with no repercussions. Our o-line has looked like garbage all year especially Long and Leno. Both have been an embarrassment.

Chase is not better than Mitch and Mitch isn't the best QB in the league as many think he should be in the media and fanbase. If a team has a week to gameplan for Chase you see what you get. At least with Mitch, they have to respect his legs and strong arm. Chasse won't win us squat...

I really can't stand the fact that Gruden beat us and he outcoached Nagy the coach of the year last year. Gruden is garbage... Plain and simple but he showed Nagy he's not good enough yet to consistently beat worse teams than the Bears. The gimmicky plays are getting old and the constant running Cohen up the middle like it's Madden 20 is getting ridiculous.

I'm still a fan of Nagy but I'm losing respect for him when his team comes out so flat and uninspired. That's what's been the problem with the offense all year and it was bound to happen with the D at some point. The difference between the two is he was brought in to make the offense better and he's been making it worse by not running the ball and setting up the pass. Guys like Long and Leno come out every week and look like shit but they both stay in there adding to the problems on offense.

I know there's not much he can do but if I was him I'd bench Long for the ND kid just to show people their jobs are not safe because Long has clearly shown he's lost his passion for the game. Nagy needs to take the bye week and fix this o-line because until they play consistently games like this is what we're going to see the rest of the year.
”Damn -- Khalil Mack had another strip sack?” Gruden asked rhetorically, shaking his head at the Oakland Raiders assistant coaches in his midst. “Are you ... kidding me?”
GSH
MVP

Floyd was nowhere to be seen despite Mack drawing double ups
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Random Thoughts....

1) What if I told you that Chase Daniel threw for more yards than Derek Carr and had a comparable QB rating? 89.7 v 96.5. I don't believe it.

Like I said in another thread, for his experience in this league, his experience with Nagy's offense, and the money he is getting paid, Daniel cannot be making the throws that got picked off. The first was basically right towards the Raiders. The second one was thrown into triple coverage. There are circumstances where a ball gets picked off and its like oh ok well that sucks but you can see why he did that. Not with either of those.

2) The running game is awful. Monty went 11 for 25. We cannot expect to win any games with both an incompetent backup QB and a piss poor running game. Maybe I've got blinders on for the guy because I absolutely love his effort. I know the offensive line is atrocious, but Monty has to step up. It's not fair given the QB situation and the offensive line, but here we are.

3) The defense did enough to win the game. Not every week is going to be some banner performance that hearkens back to the days of Urlacher, Singletary or Butkus. They can't be both run on (which is going to happen) and get the shaft by turnovers on offense and poor discipline on special teams and expect to create miracle after miracle.

4) I love Nagy as a motivator and his energy is contagious and I'm not suggesting that I'm sour on him. However this team has a discipline problem. Whether its offsides, running into the kicker or any of the other penalties we've seen. The shits gotta stop. We just don't have the luxury anymore.

We've got serious problems:

1) The QB situation is a total Charlie Foxtrot.
2) The running game is nonexistent.
3) The offensive line can't block for shit.
4) The defense gets tired from having to do everything all the time.
5) The coach overthinks the situation and himself and he's loyal to a fault (Daniel and Cohen come to mind.)
6) Even if we do wind up shitting the bed for the remainder of the season, we don't have a first round pick so we don't benefit from losing.

Other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Who knows, maybe in two weeks we go out there and kick the shit out of the Saints and all is right with the world. Let's hope so because shit got real during this game.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=401128001
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

The Marshall Plan wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:10 pm 2) The running game is awful. Monty went 11 for 25. We cannot expect to win any games with both an incompetent backup QB and a piss poor running game. Maybe I've got blinders on for the guy because I absolutely love his effort. I know the offensive line is atrocious, but Monty has to step up. It's not fair given the QB situation and the offensive line, but here we are.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=401128001
I said this in another post, and I am going to reiterate it here. Monty needs to adjust his game for the pro-level. His MO in college was to attack contact, and run through would-be tacklers. Hence the "Most broken tackles in Div I football". But now he is hitting the hole, inviting contact, and he's not getting jack shit for YAC, because they are all NFL level players. He needs to start bouncing runs to the outside, and using better vision. He may have great vision in the open field, but his vision at the point of attack is horrible.
Knuckles
Player of the Month

Hard to run when they are daring the QB to beat them and this oline can't block for shit. They stack 8 in the box and wait for the RB 90% of the time. They need to get someone to light a spark on the oline. Look at the Raiders o-line they completely dominated our D all day. Then you watch tape on ours and they all look lost, swinging at air or doing a pirouette. Where's the passion and the mean streaks we used to see. You rarely even see the line hit the second level because they're backpedaling or on their stomachs every damn play. And, when they do something good and get good yardage it's always called back for some stupid penalty.

People bitch about Mitch but honestly, it's hard to play QB behind this line regardless of who you put back there. They all stink at this point and without the threat of being able to move out of the pocket and make a play with their legs / extend plays like Mitch can all teams have to do is stack the box. Chase looks like he's tied to a tree back there that's not doing the line any favors.

Every run that Monty has there's a guy 1-2 yards in the backfield when he gets the ball. Hard to do anything there. Where were all the quick slants to open up things more for the run game? Everything's so predictable and that's not how Nagy was sold to us. And the gimmick stuff rarely fools anyone. Even Aikman was laughing at them a couple of weeks ago. I'm not saying not be creative but use them when it makes sense to... The rest of the time try and get your RB and QB in a rhythm before throwing out a T formation with the QB out wide... that stuff fools no one unless you actually throw it to the QB because it's rarely ever done...
Last edited by Knuckles on Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
”Damn -- Khalil Mack had another strip sack?” Gruden asked rhetorically, shaking his head at the Oakland Raiders assistant coaches in his midst. “Are you ... kidding me?”
wab
Mod

I can’t emphasize enough how bad Kyle Long is. During that roughing the passer call and near pick, he was literally just standing there looking around.

The entire line is playing like shit. It’s bad.
Knuckles
Player of the Month

wab wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:03 pm I can’t emphasize enough how bad Kyle Long is. During that roughing the passer call and near pick, he was literally just standing there looking around.

The entire line is playing like shit. It’s bad.
>.< I hear ya I was yelling at the TV and txt my cousin about it... Unacceptable!

EDIT: I was just thinking about this... Is this how the O-line practices all week? Maybe that's why the offense was reported on as being bad all offseason. Honestly, it can't just be on game day if it's this bad. You would think going against the top D in the NFL it would be better than this.
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

Boris13c wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:41 pm
skamanfrank wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:34 pm

What I don't understand though... is that for the last few years there have been up to 8 teams coming over here.... surely there is enough knowledge around the league and statistical data to understand what the best approach is?
just because knowledge is available doesn't mean it will be utilized

Gruden in his interview about mid week when asked about this said he learned from his last time overseas which is why he had the team there all week

guess this is Nagy's lesson to be learned ... and it looks like it is being delivered with a cold hard slap
yup
1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.