Wk 5 // CHICAGO BEARS "@" OAKLAND RAIDERS OF LONDON

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

AZ_Bearfan wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:11 pm I'm just floored that Incognito still has a job.
Yeah. That dude is a douchebag. I'm surprised his teammates haven't strangled him and dumped his body in a lake.
docc
Head Coach

..yet..
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:21 pm
AZ_Bearfan wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:11 pm I'm just floored that Incognito still has a job.
Yeah. That dude is a douchebag. I'm surprised his teammates haven't strangled him and dumped his body in a lake.
Eh, don't believe all the media bullshit. Is the dude off his rocker a little, most likely, but so is 50 percent of the nfl and I am not kidding on those numbers. Too many bell ringers, too many drugs, too much time spent where you are just being told you are king of the world because you can play a game.

By all accounts he was sort of the ring leader of a stupid deal that he took the public face slap for. All by a guy that end up threatening to shoot up something on social media that turned out to be crazy himself. The media needed a target and pasted him as a racist piece of shit. He turned out to be the ring leader of a hazing unit sanctioned by the team.

Do I think he is a juvenile in a mans body, absolutely. Do I think he deserved to take the punishment for activities that were basically sanctioned by the coaches and joined in by his teammates, not alone I don't.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

I have to say. I'm getting a little nervous. I was looking through the Raiders roster and depth chart. This looks really lopsided. Which screams "trap game" to me.

However I'm going to rely on Nagy and Pagano to NOT allow the Raiders to get anything going against our defense. With both of their starting G's out, and Hicks coming back. I think we will be in good shape. I expect that Mack will play like a man possessed. He may well pick up their T Brown, and throw him into Carr.
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

Weird stuff can happen with a backup QB and super long travel.
UOK
Site Admin

Sowell has been "released" again, and Tyler Bray activated off the Practice Squad.
Bearfanuk
Assistant Coach

We probably lose tomorrow as I will be in attendance and that’s the type of luck I’m having currently. Sorry chaps
Have a great day
HisRoyalSweetness
Hall of Famer

Hicks was well enough to join Clinton-Dix for a signing event at the NFL shop at Tottenham Stadium on Saturday. I didn't notice any obvious signs of injury while he was standing continuously for the better part of an hour, but clearly playing is whole other issue. (Not sure why the attached are showing on their side.)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Xee
Site Admin

Bearfanuk wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 4:34 pm We probably lose tomorrow as I will be in attendance and that’s the type of luck I’m having currently. Sorry chaps
Man, hope they put on a great show for you since who knows if it will be another 8 years before they play there again.

Also, I believe I heard an interview with Chase where he stated that the last time he played there the crowd would go crazier for field goals than touchdowns as kicking was familiar to them. I wonder if the reaction will be the same this time around or if the popularity has grown enough where people will value other parts of the game more. Let us know how it goes!
mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

Bears 24
Raiders 13
skamanfrank
Journeyman

Currently at the tube station waiting for my train to the stadium.... there's about 15 bears jerseys on the platform, on top of the 20 or so I saw on the way here.... not seen a single Raiders jersey all day :)
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

GAME DAY BITCHES!!!!!!!!!

Game day haiku:

Jolly old England
Mack fills Chuckie with regret
Carr sees an old friend
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

skamanfrank wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:54 am Currently at the tube station waiting for my train to the stadium.... there's about 15 bears jerseys on the platform, on top of the 20 or so I saw on the way here.... not seen a single Raiders jersey all day :)
LOVE IT!!! Way to rep Bear Nation across the pond!

Bear Down!!
BR0D1E86
MVP

The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:59 am
skamanfrank wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:54 am Currently at the tube station waiting for my train to the stadium.... there's about 15 bears jerseys on the platform, on top of the 20 or so I saw on the way here.... not seen a single Raiders jersey all day :)
LOVE IT!!! Way to rep Bear Nation across the pond!

Bear Down!!
Whiskey, with your location being Berwyn, have you ever been to Novi's Beef on Ogden or Vesecky's Bakery on Cermak?
skamanfrank
Journeyman

20191006_152700.jpg
Just got to the stadium, plenty of Bears fans about... still not many of those pirates around ;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Umbali
MVP

Mikefive wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:18 pm Maybe I'm weird, but from watching the overwhelming tenacity in Mack's play every game, it's hard for me to imagine that he could ramp it up to a higher level. When you're the best in the world at what you do, how does a revenge motive make you even stronger? Not saying it's not possible. But the guy goes all out on every play. All out + 1 is hard for me to envision.
Ever see Michael Jordan ramp it up because someone talked shit to him or he had a point to prove? lol hopefully this is the same thing
Fantasy Team: Peanut Punchers
MoFugger
Head Coach

Bears 20
Raiders 9

Mack gets a receiving TD on offense.
tjs
Journeyman

looks like reddit/nflstreams is dead. Does anyone know how I can stream? Have a fox log in but it's out of market
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

skamanfrank wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:29 am 20191006_152700.jpg

Just got to the stadium, plenty of Bears fans about... still not many of those pirates around ;)
Love it! Thanks for sharing! :-)
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
UOK
Site Admin

These guys look flat and unprepared.
WagonForce
MVP

This could get really ugly. The way the Raiders are moving the ball on the ground is taking all the pressure off Carr.

Bears play calling looks suspect again.
WagonForce
MVP

I’m going to go out on a limb and say the Bears offensive line sucks.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

total domination by the Raiders in the first half ... Bears playing like they are half asleep

was it a critical administrative error not going to England sooner to get acclimated?
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

Boris13c wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:22 pm total domination by the Raiders in the first half ... Bears playing like they are half asleep

was it a critical administrative error not going to England sooner to get acclimated?
I'm going with this.
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
skamanfrank
Journeyman

This sucks.

Dunno what you guys are seeing on the TV, but here we are being absolutely dominated. There is no run game, Chase is not even seeing pressure let alone evading it. Both the lines are porous and the secondary is soft.

I'd be tempted to go with the acclimatisation being an issue because it just looks like the Bears are inferior athletes. I've hardly seen a defensive Bear in the backfield.

Gutted that our chance to see the Bears play in person is turning out like this :'(

So many Bears fans in the stadium too....
skamanfrank
Journeyman

Mikefive wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:24 pm
Boris13c wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:22 pm total domination by the Raiders in the first half ... Bears playing like they are half asleep

I'm going with this.
What I don't understand though... is that for the last few years there have been up to 8 teams coming over here.... surely there is enough knowledge around the league and statistical data to understand what the best approach is?
bearsfaninaz
Head Coach

This is worst showing I think I can remember. Totally unprepared and unwatchable. Anyone who rips on Trubisky and praised Daniel here's your reality check.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

skamanfrank wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:34 pm
Mikefive wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:24 pm I'm going with this.
What I don't understand though... is that for the last few years there have been up to 8 teams coming over here.... surely there is enough knowledge around the league and statistical data to understand what the best approach is?
just because knowledge is available doesn't mean it will be utilized

Gruden in his interview about mid week when asked about this said he learned from his last time overseas which is why he had the team there all week

guess this is Nagy's lesson to be learned ... and it looks like it is being delivered with a cold hard slap
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Maybe Nagy and Pace out thinking themselves. Both have a little history of it. Plenty of time left. D is going to gave have to score and dominate from here on out, this offense on its own is not enough to overcome the deficit.
Last edited by Otis Day on Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.