Wk 7 // CHICAGO BEARS vs NEW ORLEANS SAINTS

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

UOK
Site Admin

The offensive line is, to be fair, broken and shitty.
WagonForce
MVP

The brutality of how watching this implosion feels as a Bears fan aside, I’m genuinely curious, what happened to this team?

Was last year just a fluke?
UOK
Site Admin

No, last year was special. There’s also a year of game film on Nagy and they didn’t exactly prepare for injuries after a very lucky season. Depth is horrid.

There’s no excitement, too much hype, and lots of young players collectively melting down under the heat.

They’re dangerously close to a rebuild if the rest of the season is like this.
donkeykong
Player of the Month

BR0D1E86 wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:22 pm I'm about one drive away from calling this season over at 12 minutes of the second half.
Oh, it’s over!! I don’t understand why NO is even throwing the ball anymore...every hand off is 5+ yards. I don’t understand how the run defense doesn’t even exist anymore!
wiNDycityfan
Pro Bowler

donkeykong wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:55 pm
BR0D1E86 wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:22 pm I'm about one drive away from calling this season over at 12 minutes of the second half.
Oh, it’s over!! I don’t understand why NO is even throwing the ball anymore...every hand off is 5+ yards. I don’t understand how the run defense doesn’t even exist anymore!
I’ll help: once Trubisky manages to help convert a first down, the defense may rest a little longer and perhaps make a play.

‘’It’s the offense, stupid”
ramentaschen
Assistant Coach

This team has given up.

Embarrassing
britbear
Player of the Month

They'll be lucky to make 5 wins playing like this with the schedule they have. Pathetic doesn't do it justice. False dawn after false dawn after false dawn for long suffering Bears fans. I'm sick of it.
Bleeding Navy and Orange!!! GO BEARS!!
UOK
Site Admin

Yeah it’s become a pointless enterprise. Rooting for this franchise is a trial that makes me hate sports.
UOK
Site Admin

UOK wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:13 am Bears are in a bad spot. I think they'll struggle at home, fans will boo, then there'll be a week's worth of articles about how the players didn't like the fans booing them at home.

Bears 13
Saints 24
Just sayin’.
RING4CHI
Hall of Famer

This is one of those days where I question why I invest so much time in something that ultimately brings nothing but frustration.

But I can't quit it. It's like a drug and I'm addicted. If I don't schedule my Sundays around Bears football, I get all anxious like someone going through withdrawal.
"Every team needs badasses." - Dan Hampton
IE
Hall of Famer

IE wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:22 am I kinda wish Kamara was playing. The Bears have a rich tradition of making backups look like superstars.
Really? Latavius Murray and a backup QB?

My diagnosis is the D has lost fire because they know there's no hope. It's The Truth.
2023 Chicago Bears... emerging from a long hibernation, and hungry!
WagonForce
MVP

The defense is gassed and quitting. Announcers struggling to find anything to talk about that doesn’t involve looking forward for NO.

This performance is as embarrassing as I can recall going back several years. Somehow the Bears have gone from 12-4 contenders to the dumpster of the league.
Umbali
MVP

how did we get so bad?!?! this season is toast
Fantasy Team: Peanut Punchers
RING4CHI
Hall of Famer

Trubisky is not the longterm answer at quarterback.
BR0D1E86
MVP

RING4CHI wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:31 pm Trubisky is not the longterm answer at quarterback.
He’s going to look real good in those quarterback montages a few seconds after they show Cade Mcnown though.
donkeykong
Player of the Month

I HATE Nagy!!!!! HATEEEEEE!! What was the point of kicking the FIRST on-side kick off your weren’t going to call any timeouts, just to score and kick ANOTHER on-side kick with no time left?! What was even the point of that?!
UOK
Site Admin

Throw out the entire final 5 minutes of stat-padding. It’s made this game feel close, which is a lie.
BR0D1E86
MVP

At a minimum, we need a new franchise quarterback, probably two or three starting offensive linemen, and Nagy needs to find someone to call plays for him. There is a lot, lot, lot wrong with this offense right now.

Also, ARob deserves better than going from Blake Bortles to his shittier brother.
RING4CHI
Hall of Famer

54 passes to 7 rushes. Matt Nagy needs to be fired as the play caller.
Bearsmight
Journeyman

I hate to say it but I predicted this before the start of the season. Only twice in the last 30 seasons have the Bears followed a winning season with another winning season. Now they could still somehow turn it around but the way they have looked the last couple games I would not bet a nickel on it. Over that same 30 season span they have made the playoffs just 8 times. Compare that to the Lions who have made the playoffs 9 times over that same span. It's a tough pill to swallow but this organization has become a bottom of the league franchise.
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

RING4CHI wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:00 pm 54 passes to 7 rushes. Matt Nagy needs to be fired as the play caller.
Ding ding ding. Along with burning the tarik cohen up the gut staple running play from the playbook.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

This team needs to be blown up. Start with Mitch Trubisky. He's total garbage. I hate to say it, but Mike Lombardi was right.

I'm so sick of being lifted up and believing the hype, only to get slammed to the ground again. This is Trestman all over again.

FUCK.ME!!!!!!!!
docc
Head Coach

Why..Trubisky out 3 weeks and wearing a sling..so THROW 54 passes !!??
Make sure your D is constantly on the field..

Run a few moron plays..
WTF..

out..need to run to office..
Last edited by docc on Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

docc wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:30 pm Why..Trubisky out 3 weeks and wearing a sling..so THROW 54 passes !!??
Make sure your D is constantly on the field..

Run a few moron plays..
WTF..
I figured we would be in more 3 yds and a cloud of dust running offense today with Trubisky being gimpy and off for several weeks.

The playcalling was a recipe for disaster from the onset.

Also, how about we move the damn pocket a little instead of waiting for 3 quarters to do it.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

RING4CHI wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:31 pm Trubisky is not the longterm answer at quarterback.
He's not even the short term answer.
Rakshir
Pro Bowler

Nagy in the press conference said with a straight face, "We need to get more from our running plays." He ran the ball 5 times in a half. FIVE FREAKING TIMES.
RING4CHI
Hall of Famer

Nagy had a somewhat fair point in the postgame presser that the run game early on was getting 0, 1 or 2 yards on 1st down creating 2nd & 10, 9 or 8 thus being forced to go to the pass game.

However, and he didn't directly say this, but his underlying message he was forced to abandon the run game so early because the run game wasn't averaging 5 yards a carry from the start of the game.

Does he really not realize it sometimes takes times to establish a rhythm?
HisRoyalSweetness
Hall of Famer

This sums it up perfectly:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... ek-7-games
Matt Nagy's offense is broken. Mitchell Trubisky, returning from a left shoulder injury, was inept. The QB couldn't make simple throws. He either airmailed wideouts repeatedly or buzzed worms with darts into the dirt. With no run game to speak of (just five attempts in the first half, seven for the game), the Bears' O was a heaping pile of steaming poo. Of Chicago's first 10 possessions, just two went five or more plays. A six-possession string running from the second and third quarters went 3-and-out, 3-and-out, 3-and-out, 1 play and fumble, 3-and-out, 3-and-out. Through three quarters, the Bears totaled 85 yards of offense and four first downs. Three garbage-time drives will make the box score better, but the product on the field was miserable to watch. The ineptitude of the offense was partially responsible for the Bears' defense being worn out by the end. The play-calling was suspect (where was the run game early in a close tilt with a QB coming back from injury?). The play of Trubisky was abysmal. Falling to 3-3 with back-to-back losses to the Raiders and a Brees/Kamara-less Saints, Chicago is now well behind in the NFC North. The offense isn't close to playoff-caliber at this point, and the Bears are wasting a great defense once again.
docc
Head Coach

..accurate...add 7 play call runs..dissater..
donkeykong
Player of the Month

RING4CHI wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:53 pm Nagy had a somewhat fair point in the postgame presser that the run game early on was getting 0, 1 or 2 yards on 1st down creating 2nd & 10, 9 or 8 thus being forced to go to the pass game.

However, and he didn't directly say this, but his underlying message he was forced to abandon the run game so early because the run game wasn't averaging 5 yards a carry from the start of the game.

Does he really not realize it sometimes takes times to establish a rhythm?
Nagy is the largest part of the problem with this team right now in my opinion! You can’t be forced to abandon the run when it’s the first half and you’re down like two points or whatever it was...and you’ve only run the ball FIVE times! It makes no sense. 1 of not 2 of those 5 was that meaningless waste of a play Cohen up the middle!! Nagy is a freaking bum with that mindset, I’m DONE with him!