UOK
Site Admin

The Bears suck.
UOK
Site Admin

Bears win.
RING4CHI
Hall of Famer

Right now, the Bears have 99 problems but Mitch ain't one.
"Every team needs badasses." - Dan Hampton
docc
Head Coach

Really nice game from Mitch.
3 tds.
.300 + 100+ rate
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Bum Slayers and barely that. It’s a W but that is really all I can say. Still not impressed with Nagy. I feel a lot of this teams problems revolve coaching.
BR0D1E86
MVP

RING4CHI wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:58 pm Right now, the Bears have 99 problems but Mitch ain't one.
I honestly thought he played relatively poorly until he started throwing bombs late in the game. He had all day to throw the ball and threw a ton of check downs to wide open receivers. That's why they weren't scoring any points. Pass weren't bring dropped, he want being pressured, and they were averaging 5 yards a carry.

Later in the game he played like an NFL quarterback who isn't crippling his team. It was damn refreshing.
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

BR0D1E86 wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:29 pm
RING4CHI wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:58 pm Right now, the Bears have 99 problems but Mitch ain't one.
I honestly thought he played relatively poorly until he started throwing bombs late in the game. He had all day to throw the ball and threw a ton of check downs to wide open receivers. That's why they weren't scoring any points. Pass weren't bring dropped, he want being pressured, and they were averaging 5 yards a carry.

Later in the game he played like an NFL quarterback who isn't crippling his team. It was damn refreshing.
We must have watched a different first half. Playcalling was atrocious and decision making by the head coach offensive mastermind was just as atrocious. The run with Monty was working and they called 7 plays to him the first half, which rendered the play action moot. Miller dropped at least two if not three the first half, thankfully one was a drop vs a fumble, the first half and penalties put them at a 1st and 32. They go for it on 4th and Miller fucking lines up wrong for a penalty. Wims also had a drop, and nobody was wide open compared to how open the Lions were the first half.

Biggest Gaff I thought Mitch had the first half was on the run where they could of gotten the first down but he went Cohen on it.

Later in the game, they ran it a bit more and opened up play action, which turned into big plays. Also they called more deep routes vs crossing patterns 5 yards past the line of scrimmage.
BR0D1E86
MVP

southdakbearfan wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:06 pm
BR0D1E86 wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:29 pm

We must have watched a different first half. Playcalling was atrocious and decision making by the head coach offensive mastermind was just as atrocious. The run with Monty was working and they called 7 plays to him the first half, which rendered the play action moot. Miller dropped at least two if not three the first half, thankfully one was a drop vs a fumble, the first half and penalties put them at a 1st and 32. They go for it on 4th and Miller fucking lines up wrong for a penalty. Wims also had a drop, and nobody was wide open compared to how open the Lions were the first half.

Biggest Gaff I thought Mitch had the first half was on the run where they could of gotten the first down but he went Cohen on it.

Later in the game, they ran it a bit more and opened up play action, which turned into big plays. Also they called more deep routes vs crossing patterns 5 yards past the line of scrimmage.
He was averaging under 5 ypa for most of the first half. The line played excellent during that time. I assume you're calling the back shoulder throw Miller could barely get a fingertip on a drop, which is part of the mental gymnastics people go through to blame the quarterback's failures on others. It wasn't an especially bad throw, but I certainly wouldn't call it a well thrown ball either

Other than the interception, which was a legitimately awful throw, he played real well in the second half. It doesn't make his first half not suck though. It still did.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

We won. I’m happy.

I still don’t understand what goes through Nagy’s head with the play calling. Monty was lighting it up so why didn’t we just run the offense through him today to take the pressure off of Mitch and the defense?

Who knows? With a little luck we’ll have a new HC next year.

It’s weird being 6-6 with the season being over from a playoff perspective and not being angry that we won because of a draft choice.

I was happy with Mitch today but it was crazy that he got outplayed at times by Blough.

I say fire Nagy, sign a veteran QB and hope that Eason is available in the second round.

Mitch is driving me nuts. I wish he’d either be great for consistent weeks in a row or suck for weeks in a row so I can make up my mind about a veteran QB. Either way I want Eason in round 2 if he’s available.
HisRoyalSweetness
Hall of Famer

You'd really need to review the coaches film before you can judge Trubisky's first half performance. He had a passer rating of 105, but yeah his ypa was poor. Was that because he was constantly checking down or was it because his receivers were not getting open?

Ultimately they only had 5 drives, the 'onside kick' not helping. Trubisky led an opening TD drive where he was perfect, there were then two 3 and outs followed by a drive into FG range which was stymied from the moment it became 1st and 32 due to penalties and ended with Nagy's bizarre decision to go for it on 4th and 6, and finally a FG drive to end the half. It could have been 3 scoring drives out of 5.

This line from the report by Kevin Patra on nfl.com annoys me: "The QB once again sailed several passes to open receivers." No he didn't, not once. It's erroneous statements like this that just continue to feed and escalate the narrative on Trubisky. They ignore the drops, they ignore the penalties, they ignore the lousy run game and put it all on Trubisky. Then even when he has a good game (helped by a better run game and pass blocking) they come after him and repeat their mantra. Trubisky did not 'sail several passes to open receivers'; it just did not happen.

Here's a breakdown on the 9 out of 38 throws that Trubisky didn't complete:

Drive 2: 1st Quarter

11:01 (Shotgun) M.Trubisky pass incomplete deep right to A.Robinson.
Floated too far by a yard or so. (Sailed is not a fair description.)

Drive 3: 1st Quarter

2:02 M.Trubisky pass incomplete deep middle to A.Robinson.
Thrown short and into the ground. Not sure what he was trying to do on that one.

1:55 (Shotgun) M.Trubisky pass incomplete short left to A.Miller (J.Coleman).
Appeared to hit a tightly covered Miller in the hands but not held. Possibly knocked away by the defender.

Drive 4: 2nd Quarter

13:41 M.Trubisky pass short right to A.Miller. Originally ruled a fumble but overturned to an incomplete pass on review.
This was actually a good play by Trubisky, finding Miller as he was flushed out of the pocket and throwing for what would have been a first down.

8:13 M.Trubisky pass incomplete short left to J.Wims. Penalty on CHI, Illegal Formation, declined.
Under pressure, Trubisky led Wims by just too much on a crossing route.

Drive 5: 2nd Quarter

3:03 (Shotgun) M.Trubisky pass incomplete short left to A.Miller (J.Coleman)
Appeared to hit a tightly covered Miller in the hands but not held. Possibly knocked away by the defender.

0:43 (No Huddle, Shotgun) M.Trubisky pass incomplete short left to A.Miller
Back shoulder throw to Miller in the end zone. Miller gets one hand to it. It's close and Miller was the only one who had a shot at catching it. Aikmen stated it was "good ball placement by Trubisky".

Drive 6: 3rd Quarter
11:04 (Shotgun) M.Trubisky pass short right intended for A.Robinson INTERCEPTED by D.Slay at DET 22.
A bad throw by Trubisky (but not sailed) as he throws at Robinson rather than leading him.

Drive 9: 4th Quarter
5:35 (Shotgun) M.Trubisky pass incomplete short right to A.Robinson
Robinson drops the ball under no pressure.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Sailed, lofted, led too far, they all equal incomplete, so there is no difference. Drops are a different story. Drops are tangible, undeniable. Why do you get upset with what writers/reporters put out there? Does it really matter in the long run?
HisRoyalSweetness
Hall of Famer

I said annoyed not upset. There is a difference between types of incompletions. Sailed implies poor throws, bad mechanics, inaccuracy. That's different to a receiver getting a hand on the ball but not being able to haul it in or a ball that's just slightly off target. No QB completes every pass. Trubisky completed 76% of his today and wasn't far off on most of the others. His accuracy was very good. Whether his reading of the defense was consistently on point is another matter entirely and it's difficult to see from TV angles, especially when they don't always show replays. However, overall he played a fine game and led the team to a win.

I guess the reason why what is being said about Trubisky in the media matters is that it feeds into the reaction of the fans. This constant stream of negativity directed at him seems to have resulted in every mistake he makes being highlighted and emphasised or him taking flack for the offense's wider issues. Fans' reactions can have an impact, both on a player and the organisation's response to those reactions. The fact is that for all the doubts about Trubisky, and I've expressed my fair share, him progressing offers the best hope this team has of competing for the next few years. If he plays well then he deserves credit, not to have his performance tempered by caveats.

Trubisky improving strikes me as a more realistic hope than striking it lucky with a QB drafted outside the first round or handing out a multi-million pound contract for a mediocre veteran who's only available because of their own underwhelming performances or injury concerns. From what I've seen, I'm more worried about the woeful o-line play, dropped passes, incorrectly run routes, an anaemic running game, players not seeming to know their assignments, a lack of discipline and an abundance of penalties than I am about Trubisky. Those need fixing regardless of who is under center.
Last edited by HisRoyalSweetness on Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
docc
Head Coach

Agree..^^^
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

BR0D1E86 wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:48 pm
southdakbearfan wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:06 pm

He was averaging under 5 ypa for most of the first half. The line played excellent during that time. I assume you're calling the back shoulder throw Miller could barely get a fingertip on a drop, which is part of the mental gymnastics people go through to blame the quarterback's failures on others. It wasn't an especially bad throw, but I certainly wouldn't call it a well thrown ball either

Other than the interception, which was a legitimately awful throw, he played real well in the second half. It doesn't make his first half not suck though. It still did.
The 5 YPA the first half has way more to do with the plays being called, routes being ran and abandonment of the run game than anything.

And yes, miller had multiple drops not just the wide throw, a very costly penalty, and in general is a very talented dipshit.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

I thought Trubisky played well in the second half. He got out on the move, and threw some nice balls. I thought the OL played a little better in the second half as well. I do think that they need to make Leno a healthy scratch one game to remind him that he can be cut at any time. His play his been terrible. Moving Whitehair back to C has been a good move. I would like to see Bars at RT, to see how that plays out.

My biggest problem is the obvious lack of discipline across the board. Missing assignments, pre-snap penalties, players running on to the field late because they don't know where they are supposed to be and when. It all points to very poor coaching, and a lack of accountability.

Once again we were bumslayers, and I think its the best thing you can say about this team right now. So disappointing.
IE
Hall of Famer

Scenes from the game
Enjoying a 140 yard day.mp4
Happy Thanksgiving Boys.mp4
Monty TD.mp4
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by IE on Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
2023 Chicago Bears... emerging from a long hibernation, and hungry!
IE
Hall of Famer

Scenes from the game 2
I formation.mp4
Pass Back.mp4
ARob TD.mp4
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
G08
Hall of Famer

HisRoyalSweetness wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:20 pm I said annoyed not upset. There is a difference between types of incompletions. Sailed implies poor throws, bad mechanics, inaccuracy. That's different to a receiver getting a hand on the ball but not being able to haul it in or a ball that's just slightly off target. No QB completes every pass. Trubisky completed 76% of his today and wasn't far off on most of the others. His accuracy was very good. Whether his reading of the defense was consistently on point is another matter entirely and it's difficult to see from TV angles, especially when they don't always show replays. However, overall he played a fine game and led the team to a win.

I guess the reason why what is being said about Trubisky in the media matters is that it feeds into the reaction of the fans. This constant stream of negativity directed at him seems to have resulted in every mistake he makes being highlighted and emphasised or him taking flack for the offense's wider issues. Fans' reactions can have an impact, both on a player and the organisation's response to those reactions. The fact is that for all the doubts about Trubisky, and I've expressed my fair share, him progressing offers the best hope this team has of competing for the next few years. If he plays well then he deserves credit, not to have his performance tempered by caveats.

Trubisky improving strikes me as a more realistic hope than striking it lucky with a QB drafted outside the first round or handing out a multi-million pound contract for a mediocre veteran who's only available because of their own underwhelming performances or injury concerns. From what I've seen, I'm more worried about the woeful o-line play, dropped passes, incorrectly run routes, an anaemic running game, players not seeming to know their assignments, a lack of discipline and an abundance of penalties than I am about Trubisky. Those need fixing regardless of who is under center.
Terrific post.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS
IE
Hall of Famer

20191128_135904.jpg
Superbowls Jersey.jpg
20191128_143653_001.jpg
BR0D1E86
MVP

Anyone else notice that Ridley played, but he was put in the role of "Any time this receiver comes in the game we're running the ball" formerly reserved for Wins?
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

BR0D1E86 wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:40 pm Anyone else notice that Ridley played, but he was put in the role of "Any time this receiver comes in the game we're running the ball" formerly reserved for Wins?
Yeah.

Aside from Miller, and it was so a little for him, all our drafted recievers seem to need a JV season.
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

Otis Day wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:03 pm Sailed, lofted, led too far, they all equal incomplete, so there is no difference. Drops are a different story. Drops are tangible, undeniable. Why do you get upset with what writers/reporters put out there? Does it really matter in the long run?
OK, YOU are the QB. For simplicities sake, you throw a handful of balls that are either off the fingertips or just overthrown a bit further, some under pressure. They publish an article about YOU that passes judgement that YOU are wildly inaccurate. Would that be OK with you?

Inaccurate or unfair reporting sucks for any number of reasons. I don't know how anyone could deny that.

Biscuit just had his best game of the year. Was he perfect? Of course not. Was he playing against a good defense? Nope. You know what he did do though? He threw 2 fourth quarter TDs that were each his THIRD READ. How long have we been complaining about him not being able to go thru progressions? There's a word for it... Progress.

And he did it after getting 2 head shots, one of which ROCKED him where he struggled to get up and ended up in the tent.

Good grief. This is what we've been begging for from him.
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

IE wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:44 am

Monty TD.mp4
great view!
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Mikefive wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:59 pm
Otis Day wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:03 pm Sailed, lofted, led too far, they all equal incomplete, so there is no difference. Drops are a different story. Drops are tangible, undeniable. Why do you get upset with what writers/reporters put out there? Does it really matter in the long run?
OK, YOU are the QB. For simplicities sake, you throw a handful of balls that are either off the fingertips or just overthrown a bit further, some under pressure. They publish an article about YOU that passes judgement that YOU are wildly inaccurate. Would that be OK with you?

Inaccurate or unfair reporting sucks for any number of reasons. I don't know how anyone could deny that.

Biscuit just had his best game of the year. Was he perfect? Of course not. Was he playing against a good defense? Nope. You know what he did do though? He threw 2 fourth quarter TDs that were each his THIRD READ. How long have we been complaining about him not being able to go thru progressions? There's a word for it... Progress.

And he did it after getting 2 head shots, one of which ROCKED him where he struggled to get up and ended up in the tent.

1) I am not a QB so really don’t know how they feel about reports/articles about them.

2) Speaking as me, as a fan, I could care less what writers write, good or bad. Writers make attempts to get people to click on their articles. Writers want people to discuss their articles. The more comments, good or bad, the better for the writer.

3) My comments about “sailing”, “lofting”, “led to far” were comments about how they basically mean/talk about incomplete passes.

4) Nowhere in my comments did I mention or discuss his performance from yesterday. He had a game that fans have been waiting for. He just needs to continue to do that and do it against Ds that are not ranked in the bottom of the league.
WagonForce
MVP

My thoughts on the game:

The Good

1. The Bears faced a Lions team that managed to create significant momentum early in the game and didn't buckle. After third string QB Blough, on his first NFL completion, threw a 75 yard touchdown, there was definitely intense excitement in the air for the home team. The Lions followed that up with an impressive drive to take a 14 - 7 lead and then (unintentionally, claims the Lion's kicker Prater) recovered an onside kick to regain possession. Everything was in place for a runaway disaster for the Bears, but the defense stiffened and got off the field.

Things didn't immediately starting going the Bears way but they hung on and ultimately rallied in the 4th quarter to win the ballgame.

2. Mitch played well overall. I thought he displayed impressive accuracy on a number of his throws, including a beauty to TE Jesper Horsted who hauled it in with a flat out dazzling catch. I can certainly feel the weight of my past disappointment in Trubisky's performance bearing down on what he produced in this match, like his decision to cut laterally on a scramble that seemed to offer a real chance at a first down if he had gone north and south, but all in all he had his best game of the season.

Mitch also showed considerable toughness after taking an absolutely brutal shot to the head. After seeing the hit I was convinced he would be done for the game or at the very least be taken out and evaluated for awhile, but the Bears QB didn't even miss a play (which in retrospect is concerning). While I wouldn't have faulted him one bit for sitting out for a series while he was confirmed to be all right, him getting right back on the horse shows how committed he is to this team. I have a lot of respect for how hard Mitch plays for the Bears every game.

3. Roquan Smith looked like the player that had everyone so excited last year. He tallied a career high 15 tackles and also notched two sacks. He was all over the field, showing his speed, strength getting off blocks, and overall great instincts. Performances like the one he delivered in this game continue to fuel my hope that he will not only be a solid player in the NFL but will one day establish himself as an elite player in the league.

4. Speaking of linebackers, I thought #44 Kwiatkoski had an impressive game too. He finished with 8 tackles (second behind Smith on the day) and nearly came up with his second interception in as many games. I'm not sure he has solved his previously noted deficiencies in coverage but I'm sure that opposing teams will not be so quick to target him going forward.

5. David Montgomery looked good in somewhat limited opportunities. He finished with 75 yards on 16 carries. If it weren't for the continued problems up front in the run game I have a feeling Monty would be getting a lot more buzz as an exciting rookie with his arrow pointing way up.

The Bad

1. The offensive line continues to be very rough. Penalties, defenders instantly in the backfield, and zero push at the point of attack all appeared in this game. A bright spot here is that I haven't seen much drop off (arguably there has been improvement in some areas) with players like Coward and Cornelius Lucas stepping in for injured starters but this just reinforces for me how abysmal the line has played this year. I'm of the mind that many of the Bears problems on offense can be traced back to this unit, which seems to have run out of youth and health faster than the front office had gambled they would.

2. The Bears pass rush was once again brutal. Outside of blitzes the defense struggles to get to the opposing QB in any way. You can see a beleaguered Khalil Mack fighting off two or even three blockers and still somehow being the closest attacker at the conclusion of the play time and again. I have no explanation for the extent of this regression, which is a good candidate for the worst decline on a team that has taken steps back in a multitude of areas following last year. Was Akiem Hicks, great as he is, really the difference between a pass rush that was contending for top of the league and now is a complete non-factor even against teams like the Giants or Lions who football outsiders ranks #25 and #21 respectively when pass blocking?

3. Following up on point 2, the secondary definitely continued to be rocky. While I suspect that it was a miscommunication on coverage, Prince Amukamara looked to be flat out torched on the 75 yard pass from Blough for the Lions first touchdown. It's clear the pass rush is doing the DBs zero favors but there were plenty of times this game where the Lions' third string quarterback was just sitting back and carving up the Bears.

4. Coaching. The Bears continue to look disorganized and unprepared at both critical and mundane moments throughout games and this match was no exception. Undisciplined penalties (A safety lining up offside?!), 10 men on the field, delay of game (thankfully uncalled) after a timeout? Plays come in late, substitutions feel chaotic, and strange decisions to go for it on 4th down continue to pile up.

This point definitely gives the pass rush competition for the biggest let down following last year. While the defense may not have been as 'aggressive' under Fangio, they certainly were assignment sound consistently. Last year Nagy's offense seemed to completely bewilder opposing DCs at times, deploying unorthodox elements to great effect. This season I find myself hoping the Bears just come out and avoid shooting themselves in the foot, let alone demonstrate some brilliancy that leads to a decisive advantage.

Overall

The Bears have scraped by two opponents now that they really should have beaten handily. They definitely look like bum slayers which is a tough pill to swallow after last year's impressive run. Nonetheless, the team showed strong toughness and resolve to rally to a victory over the Lions. Wins are tough to come by in the NFL, no matter the circumstances, and this team found a way to grab another one which is great to see.

With these last two wins, the Bears have earned the opportunity to continue to improve each week while still being relevant (if a long shot) in the race for a post season berth. I'm cautiously optimistic that if the team can find a way to get from garbage to average in a few of their problem areas, they have a real shot at rattling off a few more wins and seizing a spot in the playoffs.
Richie
MVP

HisRoyalSweetness wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:20 pm I said annoyed not upset. There is a difference between types of incompletions. Sailed implies poor throws, bad mechanics, inaccuracy. That's different to a receiver getting a hand on the ball but not being able to haul it in or a ball that's just slightly off target. No QB completes every pass. Trubisky completed 76% of his today and wasn't far off on most of the others. His accuracy was very good. Whether his reading of the defense was consistently on point is another matter entirely and it's difficult to see from TV angles, especially when they don't always show replays. However, overall he played a fine game and led the team to a win.

Trubisky has not earned a performance review without caveats until he starts giving performances without them. It's that simple.

He played quite well on Thursday. He did it vs a bad team. He's been bad all year. I'm not sure what you want. He has earned zero benefit of the doubt. I hope to see him continue at this level vs Dallas and GB but there's little reason for me to be optimistic at the prospect of it.
I guess the reason why what is being said about Trubisky in the media matters is that it feeds into the reaction of the fans.
Which is utterly meaningless. He plays football. We talk about football.

Mitch Trubisky has rightfully earned a LARGE share of criticism and the fanbase has EVERY right to voice displeasure at his play. If that actually hinders his play in itself? That may be the biggest indictment of Trubisky you could POSSIBLY ever make.
Fans' reactions can have an impact, both on a player and the organisation's response to those reactions.
Ugh... good lord. Spare me.

We aren't important.

"Well, let me tell ya! We pay their salaries and blah blah blah!"

No, please just spare me this drivel.

Mitch and Nagy are at the helm of a unit that is failing on ALL CYLINDERS, a total embarrassment and handcuffing this team to mediocrity. Wasting a perfectly fantastic defense's window. A defense who still, by a miracle, hasn't thrown in the towel and has this team with a semblance of life-pulse into December.

Fans are supposed to just... what? Keep our mouths shut? Because it might hurt a millionaire QB or coaches feelings?

These aren't high school kids. They're paid to play/coach the game and are paid handsomely at that. Mitch Trubisky isn't my fucking nephew. When he overthrows Taylor Gabriel for a game clinching TD, throws an INT and fumbles on three straight dropbacks with a 4th quarter lead? I'm going to criticize him. As should everyone.

I am also fair and was one of the first here to say Mitch played a real nice game yesterday. I even took his side and excused him on the INT.
mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

HisRoyalSweetness wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:22 pm 11:01 (Shotgun) M.Trubisky pass incomplete deep right to A.Robinson.
Floated too far by a yard or so. (Sailed is not a fair description.)
This throw is clearly not in Tribiskys arsenal. Everyone has a thing they struggle with. Some more then others. Curtis Conway struggled with over the shoulder catches, Cutler struggled throwing to the flat, john Lester throwing to first base, Shaq free throws, etc.

Trubs struggles to throw the out/corner routes. He either throws to shallow or deep. Its probably the hardest throw in general. The reciever moving towards the sideline puts the window very tight.

However watching every throw from college and the nfl this route is clearly an issue. It's what they say is a pro throw. Mitch sucks at it.
G08
Hall of Famer

Mikefive wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:59 pm

It's all I've been asking for... show progress and stack those games. 2 TDs in the 4th quarter to win the game for us? That's becoming a trend from this young man, especially when we don't have to rely on the kicker.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS
KOP_Snake
Head Coach

Its become apparent to me that there is 1 guy on this offense who really needs to make plays for the whole thing to work.

Anthony Miller.

That 2nd receiving threat is crucial and what is missing from last year. Last year Burton was playing well, Cohen wasn't 50/50 to drop the ball, and Miller when not injured was playing more like he played in this game. Gabriel is NOT a solid 2nd receiver no matter how hard they try to force him into one.
mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

I agree Snake. Gabriel is a 3-4th option and gadget guy. Unfortunately they gave him money and Nagy loves gadgets. Miller has a skill set that does change the dynamic, but he's a head case at the same time.