Wk 14 // CHICAGO BEARS vs DALLAS COWBOYS

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

l8knight
Practice Squad

AZ_Bearfan wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:09 am Bears: 31
Cowboys: 23
Dude, that is giving way too much credit to this Bears anti-offense. I don't think we'll see them get anywhere near 30 points these last 4 games.. hope I'm wrong.

I think the Dallas pass rush will expose the o-line, frustrate Trubisky and cause the usual bad throws and interceptions. The offense sputters for 4 quarters. Defense tries to keep it close but, as has been the case all season, runs out of steam in the 4th.

Cowboys - 23
Bears - 13

Fingers crossed that I am way off and the Bears somehow prove me wrong.
GSH
MVP

Roquan Smith has another great game and completely neutralizes the running game

That leads to to Chicago D getting 3 turnovers off Dak.

dall-ASS: 13

chica-GO!: 31
AZ_Bearfan
MVP

l8knight wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:18 amDude, that is giving way too much credit to this Bears anti-offense.
I'm figuring at least one of those TD's is coming from the defense.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

the Cowboys are the closest thing to bums left on the schedule, so the Bears should do enough to win

I think this will be a sloppy game with a couple of unique turnovers ... in the end, I think the Bears will manage to pull it out just as they did to the Lions

Bears 27
Cowboys 25
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
BR0D1E86
MVP

Prince is now doubtful...

Gabriel, Braunecker, Massie, and Trevathan out.
AZ_Bearfan
MVP

So Toliver is next man up? I'm OK with that.
IE
Hall of Famer

GSH wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:13 pm Roquan Smith has another great game and completely neutralizes the running game

That leads to to Chicago D getting 3 turnovers off Dak.

dall-ASS: 13

chica-GO!: 31
I think Roquan is "back" because Kwit is "in". All those times when the Bears were gashed by RBs? Kwit wasn't playing. Look it up. It is either a real thing or an astonishing coincidence. I'm thinking it is not a coincidence, and I'm very looking forward to see if he appears to be a liability at times. I haven't seen it yet.
2023 Chicago Bears... emerging from a long hibernation, and hungry!
G08
Hall of Famer

Boris13c wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:18 pm the Cowboys are the closest thing to bums left on the schedule, so the Bears should do enough to win

I think this will be a sloppy game with a couple of unique turnovers ... in the end, I think the Bears will manage to pull it out just as they did to the Lions

Bears 27
Cowboys 25
They have one of the best defenses in the NFL, tops in pass rush and 3rd down defense, and their offense is I believe ranked 8th. They're a damned good team.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS
G08
Hall of Famer

I think this game boils down to how well we stop their run and how well we protect Mitch. If we can do both, I think we win 24-17. If we can't do either, it's a loss 27-17 Cowboys.

I'll make my prediction tomorrow.
AZ_Bearfan
MVP

#1 passing offense in the NFL. I hope the pass rush shows up.
Atkins&Rebel
Head Coach

Hope, following hopelessness, is both exciting and cruel.
But I will bite into the apple to see if it's poisoned:
Chicago - 21
Dallas - 20
I will kill you if you cut me at the knees. You will drink with me when invited and stay til I say so. We only listen to American Music. I make men nervous with just my presence. I expect an apology if you hold. I throw linemen at QB's. Believe the Lore!
IE
Hall of Famer

Offensively, it seems like Dallas is comfortable playing in Dallas, and then is a different team on the road. Dak and Amari have had 5 really big games of ~400 yards, and that definitely is why they are the "top passing offense". Two of those were against Detroit (in dome) and Giants (in Dallas) - both wins against bums. But the other three were against the Packers, Vikes and Bills - good defenses, but all losses... and... all in Dallas. Their best win is against the Eagles in Dallas. The most revealing stat might be that Dak averages under 250 yards in away games not against the Lions - who Mitch just lit up for 340 himself. So "the best passing offense" seems highly confined to playing in Dallas.

Dak likes to throw a pass to the other team about once a game. Dallas averages 1.2 fumbles a game on the road - and averages 2 over the past 3 games. The Bears need to make it count when that happens - a defensive TD, or a short fields turning into a score. They need to MAKE it happen, and Dallas seems willing to cooperate.

Dallas averages less than 1 rushing TD and about 1.5 passing TDs per game on the road, and their recent scoring is down. The Bear defense averages giving up 1.8 TDs at home. So the Bears *should* be able to hold Dallas to under their averages. I really like Smith and Kwit and Floyd out there against Zeke and Witten. Pagano needs to do whatever he can to give Dak minimum time.

Dallas TD D is pretty good, and averages giving up only 2 TD per game on the road across the entire season. Last week against the Bills they gave up 3 and over the last 3 they've given up 2.7 per game. So I sure hope Professor Nagy is watching and is intent upon giving Dallas another dose of Josh Allen in the form of a mobile QB and scoring threat as a runner. The Bears need to do whatever it takes to run the ball 30 times. Combine that with Mitch moving around as a passer and the Bear has what it takes to score 3 or more TDs.

So yeah... what a shock: run the ball, stop the run, and win the turnover battle. The Bears are up for this.
2023 Chicago Bears... emerging from a long hibernation, and hungry!
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

G08 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:42 pm
Boris13c wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:18 pm the Cowboys are the closest thing to bums left on the schedule, so the Bears should do enough to win

Bears 27
Cowboys 25
They have one of the best defenses in the NFL, tops in pass rush and 3rd down defense, and their offense is I believe ranked 8th. They're a damned good team.
they are a dysfunctional soap opera of an organization with a team that should be much better than they are, but can't be because they are prone to getting in their own way

so they ARE bums, but unlike the Lions, they are dangerous bums ... the Lions are the kind of bum that will bother you and panhandle ... the Cowboys are the type of bum who will bother you, try to panhandle, but may also try to pull a knife and mug you
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Boris13c wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:29 am

they are a dysfunctional soap opera of an organization with a team that should be much better than they are, but can't be because they are prone to getting in their own way

so they ARE bums, but unlike the Lions, they are dangerous bums ... the Lions are the kind of bum that will bother you and panhandle ... the Cowboys are the type of bum who will bother you, try to panhandle, but may also try to pull a knife and mug you
Would that make the Bears the kind of bum that paces up and down the sidewalk, naked wearing only a front/back wooden sign that reads “PASSING IS MOAR BETTER!”, muttering jibberish to himself which in this case could be all these fancy diagrams for plays that have no real game application?
WagonForce
MVP

Dallas is a very talented team that has been in a bad skid as of late. There are questions around preparation and coaching that have been mounting and while I could see a continuation of this narrative where an arguably great team on paper is really under performing, I could also see this being a 'get right' game for the Cowboys.

I really wish Akiem was back for this game but that pretty much goes for any game he isn't in.

I'm going to pick the Bears because Bear Down but I'm nervous as hell for this game.

Bears 27 (one defensive score)
Dallas 24
Richie
MVP

Bears 27
Cowboys 25
Their surface level numbers are sort of fraudulent.

They're 20th in DVOA defensively. They're not a good D.

Their numbers on both sides are insanely inflated from obliterating the league's worst teams. Especially in the first half of the season.

They're 2-6 outside of the NFC East. One win was vs Miami and the other against Driskel/Detroit by one score. A lot of smoke and mirrors with this bunch.
AZ_Bearfan
MVP

Like crack smoke and snorting mirrors?
G08
Hall of Famer

Richie wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:03 pm

Their surface level numbers are sort of fraudulent.

They're 20th in DVOA defensively. They're not a good D.

Their numbers on both sides are insanely inflated from obliterating the league's worst teams. Especially in the first half of the season.

They're 2-6 outside of the NFC East. One win was vs Miami and the other against Driskel/Detroit by one score. A lot of smoke and mirrors with this bunch.
One of the top front sevens in the NFL -- with the highest rate of pressure created only rushing four -- plus a proven ability to get off the field on 3rd down concerns me greatly, especially with our offensive line.

I hope for our sake, your "they're not a good D" take is accurate.
MoFugger
Head Coach

Eh...
Bears 31
Cowboys 17

I'm half drunk. Why not?
G08
Hall of Famer

Our lodge has DirectTV and I'm making them play the game. Fuck yes!

Bears 24
Cowboys 17
MoFugger
Head Coach

Tough night for Wind. Hope he's OK.
WagonForce
MVP

Bear Down fellas!!

What a look the boys are showing tonight!
WagonForce
MVP

l8knight
Practice Squad

l8knight wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:18 am
AZ_Bearfan wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:09 am Bears: 31
Cowboys: 23
Dude, that is giving way too much credit to this Bears anti-offense. I don't think we'll see them get anywhere near 30 points these last 4 games.. hope I'm wrong.
AZ, You called it man! I've never been so happy to be wrong! Very surprised but very happy to see the production from Trubisky and the Bears offense tonight. Nice surprise!
UOK
Site Admin

Tonight has been wonderful.
MoFugger
Head Coach

MoFugger wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:41 pm Eh...
Bears 31
Cowboys 17

I'm half drunk. Why not?
What are the odds Dallas goes for a FG???
AZ_Bearfan
MVP

l8knight wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:01 pm
l8knight wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:18 am

AZ, You called it man! I've never been so happy to be wrong! Very surprised but very happy to see the production from Trubisky and the Bears offense tonight. Nice surprise!
That game was what I needed all season. Cheers!!!
Xee
Site Admin

Awesome game and great performance by Mitch!

That being said, one of these days, Nagy seemingly not wanting to drive the dagger home when he can is going to bite us in the ass. I know realistically they didn't have a chance of scoring even if they got the onside kick but did it really need to come down to that?
AZ_Bearfan
MVP

I ordered Mack 100 year jersey from China on eBay. They sent me a Trubisky. This is the first time I'm not even mad about it.
docc
Head Coach

Miller drop on wide open pass..should have been end of game
ESPN
Associated Press
CHICAGO -- Mitchell Trubisky threw three touchdown passes and ran for a score in the Chicago Bears' 31-24 victory over Dak Prescott and the slumping Dallas Cowboys on Thursday night.

In a matchup between disappointing teams that made the playoffs last season, the Bears (7-6) came away with their fourth win in five games. The Cowboys (6-7) have lost seven of 10 since a 3-0 start.

Trubisky shook off an early interception near the goal line to complete 23 of 31 passes for 244 yards. He matched a season high for touchdown passes and scored on a 23-yard run early in the fourth quarter, making it 31-14.

Allen Robinson caught two TD passes, and Anthony Miller hadone as Chicago tied a season scoring high. Khalil Mack had a sack. Linebacker Roquan Smith left the game with a pectoral injury on the opening drive. But the Bears took out the NFC East leaders after beating the struggling Detroit Lions twice and New York Giants in recent weeks.