Chances Bears/Packers Gets Flexed to FOX Game of the Week?

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Richie
MVP

The NFL has already flexed PIT/BUF to next Sunday night. But not only is this the most storied rivalry in the sport, blah, blah, blah... but it's also a game with heavy playoff implications for both teams now. Hell, if a miracle happens and Washington upsets GB. It's a game with division implications for both teams.

But... guess who is in that slot now? The mother f'n Cowboys. Once again, they are slated for national TV at home against the Rams.

Any way that the networks and the league is fed up with featuring Dallas yet? No, probably not. In fact, this meltdown has the media talking about them now even more than usual.

On the other hand, Bears/Packers always draws ratings as well. I don't know. I have a small glimmer of hope. I like the late afternoon slot.
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

I agree with you. GB's defense was very good early on, until the league caught up to it. But they still have 9 wins so far and the Bears have to be generating increased interest after demolishing the 'boys and winning 3 straight. Certainly more than the swooning Cowboys and the flailing Rams, even though they're both in the playoff hunt with a roughly .500 record between them.

We'll see I guess.

I wonder how much GB will be favored at home..................
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
BeattieFeathers
Practice Squad

Richie wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:37 pm The NFL has already flexed PIT/BUF to next Sunday night. But not only is this the most storied rivalry in the sport, blah, blah, blah... but it's also a game with heavy playoff implications for both teams now. Hell, if a miracle happens and Washington upsets GB. It's a game with division implications for both teams.

But... guess who is in that slot now? The mother f'n Cowboys. Once again, they are slated for national TV at home against the Rams.

Any way that the networks and the league is fed up with featuring Dallas yet? No, probably not. In fact, this meltdown has the media talking about them now even more than usual.

On the other hand, Bears/Packers always draws ratings as well. I don't know. I have a small glimmer of hope. I like the late afternoon slot.
lol at miracle.
the league decided a long time ago that Redskins will beat Packers this sunday. its already in the bag.
its why dallas will lose every game now and why Bears won last night and why Giants will win Monday
docc
Head Coach

Yeah..and Lee Harvey Oswald was acting of the instructions from Aliens from Planet X145L ZK98
Richie
MVP

BeattieFeathers wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:00 pm
Richie wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:37 pm The NFL has already flexed PIT/BUF to next Sunday night. But not only is this the most storied rivalry in the sport, blah, blah, blah... but it's also a game with heavy playoff implications for both teams now. Hell, if a miracle happens and Washington upsets GB. It's a game with division implications for both teams.

lol at miracle.
the league decided a long time ago that Redskins will beat Packers this sunday. its already in the bag.
its why dallas will lose every game now and why Bears won last night and why Giants will win Monday
I agree. Justin Bieber shot Kennedy. Both Kennedy's, actually.

7/11 was a part-time job.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

Hey. Did you guys hear the world is actually flat??
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

I just want this game to get here already.

This season has been a turd circling the bowl and one of the biggest disappointments I've ever experienced.

If the Bears D can break Rodgers and get him to leave the game, and with a little luck his career, horizontally on a stretcher then at least I'll have something to look back on fondly.

Fuck The Packers. Fuck their "shareholders". Fuck the league for the referee bias in favor of them. And fuck the fact that a town of about 100K people has a team.

Break them.

Ormazd
MVP

The Marshall Plan wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:21 pm I just want this game to get here already.

This season has been a turd circling the bowl and one of the biggest disappointments I've ever experienced.

If the Bears D can break Rodgers and get him to leave the game, and with a little luck his career, horizontally on a stretcher then at least I'll have something to look back on fondly.

Fuck The Packers. Fuck their "shareholders". Fuck the league for the referee bias in favor of them. And fuck the fact that a town of about 100K people has a team.

Break them.

Where can I subscribe to your newsletter?
KOP_Snake
Head Coach

Doesn't matter what time the game is at, we've all seen this script. Just when it looks like the Bears have something going and start giving us hope, they play the Packers, and some combination of obvious ref bias, unlikely Favre/Rodgers magic, and the Bears own shitting the bed on offense, defense, and most uniquely embarrassingly on special teams, the candle of this season's hopes will be snuffed out faster than it was lit.
BR0D1E86
MVP

The Rams beat Seattle, which makes the playoffs an even bigger long shot. So just enjoy the ride for the next few games.
IE
Hall of Famer

KOP_Snake wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:57 pm Doesn't matter what time the game is at, we've all seen this script. Just when it looks like the Bears have something going and start giving us hope, they play the Packers, and some combination of obvious ref bias, unlikely Favre/Rodgers magic, and the Bears own shitting the bed on offense, defense, and most uniquely embarrassingly on special teams, the candle of this season's hopes will be snuffed out faster than it was lit.
Except for last year.
2023 Chicago Bears... emerging from a long hibernation, and hungry!
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

BR0D1E86 wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:29 am The Rams beat Seattle, which makes the playoffs an even bigger long shot. So just enjoy the ride for the next few games.
This brings up the whole issue of re-seeding the conference. If the top six teams make the playoffs, then the NFC East gets left out and the Bears have a better shot. But I think from a league integrity standpoint, I still believe that the winner of each division should send a team to the playoffs, despite the record.
KOP_Snake
Head Coach

IE wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:35 am
KOP_Snake wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:57 pm Doesn't matter what time the game is at, we've all seen this script. Just when it looks like the Bears have something going and start giving us hope, they play the Packers, and some combination of obvious ref bias, unlikely Favre/Rodgers magic, and the Bears own shitting the bed on offense, defense, and most uniquely embarrassingly on special teams, the candle of this season's hopes will be snuffed out faster than it was lit.
Except for last year.
Last year if they lose that game it changes absolutely nothing playoff wise. This year they NEED that win to stand a snowball's chance in hell, and that will make all the difference.
IE
Hall of Famer

KOP_Snake wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:17 pm

Except for last year.
Last year if they lose that game it changes absolutely nothing playoff wise. This year they NEED that win to stand a snowball's chance in hell, and that will make all the difference.
This is classic KOP, and I love it.
BR0D1E86
MVP

Except for last year.
They only have a 3% chance at the playoffs now. The game isn't meaningful to be crushing no matter what. It can still piss me off a hell of a lot though.
BeattieFeathers
Practice Squad

Richie wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:57 pm
BeattieFeathers wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:00 pm

lol at miracle.

Fine, yep, I got a playoff team wrong. Just means I can't bat 1000. League is still as fixed as the day is long. The super bowl will still be Pats,Niners , no matter what happens.
Richie
MVP

I mean, last year we obviously beat them to clinch the division.

They're also just not very good. They've barely scraped by a multitude of bad teams all year and have a couple ugly losses to boot. Decimated by SF, decimated by the Chargers and lost to Philly at home. They got saved by putrid calls vs Detroit. They barely got by Washington. If you watched the NYG game. That wasn't a dominant win either. They've really been a fortunate team. Their point differential is only +36.

The only way you could say Rodgers isn't declining is if you haven't watched them much. Even GB fans I know admit it now. And I've always been a guy who praised Rodgers purely as a QB.
Richie
MVP

BeattieFeathers wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:44 pm

Fine, yep, I got a playoff team wrong. Just means I can't bat 1000. League is still as fixed as the day is long. The super bowl will still be Pats,Niners , no matter what happens.
I already said that I agree. The Earth is flat.
IE
Hall of Famer

Q told him.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

IE wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:04 amQ told him.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

if the Bears hadn't shit all over themselves offensively in the first Bears / Packers game, then I could see this rematch having an interesting enough pull to be game of the week

Bears / Chiefs the week after is already the Sunday Night game, which the Bears may be flexed out of if they lose to Goon Bay

Bears / Vikings final week may be for a WC slot so should be a good candidate for national attention if the Bears handle their business
Last edited by Boris13c on Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
IE
Hall of Famer

When do they announce the flexes? I'm guessing it is too late now & it isn't happening. Which is a bummer to me - I'd much prefer the later start.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

IE wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:14 pm When do they announce the flexes? I'm guessing it is too late now & it isn't happening. Which is a bummer to me - I'd much prefer the later start.
Really? I don’t like the late starts. I need my beauty sleep. If we were sitting in the cat bird seat for the playoffs I suppose I wouldn’t be as annoyed.
IE
Hall of Famer

The Marshall Plan wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:03 pm
IE wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:14 pm When do they announce the flexes? I'm guessing it is too late now & it isn't happening. Which is a bummer to me - I'd much prefer the later start.
Really? I don’t like the late starts. I need my beauty sleep. If we were sitting in the cat bird seat for the playoffs I suppose I wouldn’t be as annoyed.
Total selfishness. Partying in the D all night on Saturday with friends. Want to get up & have a good late breakfast and hang out without having to rush home to watch the game.
KOP_Snake
Head Coach

IE wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:43 pm

I really wish it was just "me being me" but unfortunately I was actually speaking the truth.
IE
Hall of Famer

KOP_Snake wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:53 am
IE wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:43 pm

I really wish it was just "me being me" but unfortunately I was actually speaking the truth.
I share your pain.
BeattieFeathers
Practice Squad

Richie wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:28 am

I already said that I agree. The Earth is flat.
I dont know.I don't care if it is or not.
I doubt it. It's It's a unimportant detail in my daily life. Just like the outcome of a football game
Richie
MVP

Right again.

You're nailing this.
Richie
MVP

BR0D1E86 wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:49 pm

They only have a 3% chance at the playoffs now. The game isn't meaningful to be crushing no matter what. It can still piss me off a hell of a lot though.
FWIW, the outside help happened for us to get in. We controlled our own fate. lol. That game mattered.

Now, we probably lose to KC the next week, regardless. But I would like to think we do it with a little more "spirit". haha
KOP_Snake
Head Coach

I kinda had a feeling everything would go right except for the Bears taking care of their own business. But truly, needing to win 6 in a row to close out the season was always out of this team's grasp.