radio: 780AM WBBM
----------------------------------------
CHICAGO BEARS (7-6)
Bears/Packers matchup history
Green Bay Packers (10-3)
CLICK HERE to join our Bears Fans Online Discord chat!
IE
Hall of Famer

God, I love that Payton sweater....

Packer 20
Bear 13
2023 Chicago Bears... emerging from a long hibernation, and hungry!
UOK
Site Admin

Fuck it.

I think the Bears win.

Bears 31
Packers 27

Last minute hail mary from Rodgers picked off.
IE
Hall of Famer

UOK wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:26 am Fuck it.

I think the Bears win.

Bears 31
Packers 27

Last minute hail mary from Rodgers picked off.
Don't cost nothin'!
l8knight
Practice Squad

I'll wait until later in the week, see what the active roster is going to look like before attempting a score.

I made it a point to watch the competition yesterday (Packers game and the KC game), and based on what I saw, I see hope against GB. They didn't impress yesterday against the Redskins, struggling facing a losing team. Gives some hope going into this Sunday.

However, KC... wow. I am afraid to think what they are going to do to the Bears. That game is going to be UGLY.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

Watching part of the GB/Wash game. I don't see a lot of reason for concern. Yes it's in Lambeau, but I think the Packers are struggling in a lot of areas, especially at WR. This is going to sound crazy, but if you can stop Aaron Jones, and force Rodgers to throw the ball, I think we have a legitimate chance. He doesn't have anyone reliable to throw to. The Bears are also trending in the right direction. I think we see a confident, accurate and amped up Mitch Trubisky. I think that Horsted has a huge game, and that Robinson has a 100+ yd game. Biscuits throws for 3 TD's, 1 INT, and 325 yards.

Bears - 31
Packers - 20
Ormazd
MVP

Packers 24
Bears 13
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

Bears 27
Pack 20
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

The Packers aren't a great team right now. But they have 2 key things the Bears don't have for a game that should be close.
1. A reliable, experienced FG kicker, used to kicking in wintry weather
2. A HOF QB

Packers 23
Bears 21

I imagine this will be an unpopular guess, particularly since the Bears have been playing their best ball all year while the Pack have clearly regressed defensively and still struggles on offense. But part of me feels like the victory over the Cowboys may have been greatly aided by catching them as their team is fading into complete disarray after Jones's remarks earlier in the week that basically told the world that their coach is going to be gone at season's end.

Maybe I'm wrong. But after playing 3 consecutive games against opponents with no more than 3 wins each and never dominating any one of those games anywhere close to how we spanked the 6 win Cowboys who needed that win, it leads me to question where "America's team" is at right now.
Last edited by Mikefive on Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
AZ_Bearfan
MVP

The NFC North torched was passed to us last year. This season so far hasn't gone to plan, but I still think we're the best team in the division.... records be damned. Plus this is my birthday weekend, so the Bears are going to keep their upward momentum and GB will continue to see what a mirage their 2019 season has been.

Bears: 34
Packers: 13
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

I hate those subhuman cocksuckers with the energy of 1,000 suns.

If any sports fans ever lived a Ponzi-scheme level existence fueled by a 10 standard deviation event of having Favre and Rodgers back-to-back, constant fawning by the broadcast booth over how wonderful they are and the storied Lambeau Field, favorability from the refs going back a decade, and having a modern day NFL franchise in some shit hole of 100K people it’s the Packers.

Fuck the Packers. Fuck their “shareholders”. Fuck the refs for their rigged calls. I hope either a meteor lands on the 50 yard line and wipes out that town in a mushroom cloud or some P.E. firm buys out the Packers and moves them to London. Because when it comes down to the brass tacks of it, I can do other shit in my neighborhood besides watching football and I also shit indoors.

And to any “shareholder” that makes a profile here to talk football this week, here’s a preemptive GO FUCK YOURSELF from The Marshall Plan.

Eat shit and die shareholders. Rodgers gets broken this game and all the kings horses and all the kings men won’t be able to do a fucking thing.

Bears 24
Packers 13
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

If the Bears shut down Aaron Jones...if the tight ends continue to be used as in the Dallas game...if Nagy stays with a born again running attack ...

Bears 27
Pack 13
Drafts are like snowflakes, no two are alike.
BR0D1E86
MVP

If the Bears stick to the run, and the basic blocking scheme they've been using for it, they have a real chance. Their run defense isn't a strength.

I'm hoping for something like 321-0, and the whole town gets sucked into a sink hole after the Bears leave town.
IE
Hall of Famer

"If IFs and BUTs were candy & nuts... we'd all have a Happy Christmas." - Dandy Don
GSH
MVP

ok, fine ill be that guy

puke: 0 and Rodgers to IR

beloved: 29 with 2 points coming from the safety that puts 12 on IR

( edit: wet dreams aside, i actually think it will end up around Packers 17 Bears 24 )
Last edited by GSH on Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

I have not been impressed with the GB D all year. At the same time, I have not been impressed with the Bears O either (on the year). I do believe their D is better than Detroit's and the Giants.

It is up in GB. Aaron Rodgers. Injuries to Bears D.

Until the Bears show they can CONSISTENTLY beat or challenge good teams week in and week out, just can't pick them.

GB - 31

Bears - 17
Umbali
MVP

Bears 27
Pack 17
Fantasy Team: Peanut Punchers
Richie
MVP

Hicks back is huge. Trevathan back would also be big after losing Roquan. Kwit/Trevathan were dominant vs MIN. I feel good with that duo.

This GB offense runs through Aaron Jones and the run game. All year, if you contain that. The Packers have GIGANTIC struggles.

Their D is not good either. This team is SERIOUSLY above average to decent. Nothing more. Caught huge breaks vs Detroit and got to play KC with Matt Moore at QB. They lost to Philly, got POUNDED by the Chargers, DECIMATED by SF and have barely managed to escape some poor teams like Washington. NYG win was not very impressive if you watched it.

Their point differential is an unimpressive +36. Aaron Rodgers is in a clear decline.

I feel like we matchup very well so long as our last two games on offense weren't a mirage.

I feel bad making this prediction because I've been down this road too many times.

Bears 24
Packers 20

FWIW - Forecasts have kickoff temps in mid-teens with some wind and real feel in the single digits.
Middleguard
MVP

From 2016 (the Packer's last good season) to now, Green Bay is 22-9-1 at home compared to 11-18 on the road. It's hard to beat the Packers in Green Bay and the Bears can't seem to beat them anywhere.
Bears 16
Packers 20

As I'll be out of civilization until the end of the year, here are my last 2 predictions in case I can't find WiFi:
Bears 21 Chiefs 28
Bears 17 Vikings 24
I'll update them if I get the chance.

Even tho I'm predicting 3 losses, I don't believe the Bears will finish 7-9, I just don't know what game(s) they'll win.
7-9 25%
8-8 45%
9-7 25%
10-6 5%
Xee
Site Admin

I'm out of the contest but still want to pick for fun without giving a score. Only because we've been down this road so many times, I think the Packers will come away with the win. I don't expect a blow out, we will definitely put up a fight, but Rodgers will be the deciding factor as always.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Bears lose Smith but get Hicks back, so I guess that cancels each other out in regards to positive/negative elements

Bears should have won their first meeting with the assclowns from cheeseland but decided to shit their offensive bed instead in a vile act of voluntary incompetence

the Bears have to win this game, so will that make them more focused or more likely to choke? guess we'll find out

Bears 26
Puke-shits 16
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
Richie
MVP

Boris13c wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:12 pm Bears lose Smith but get Hicks back, so I guess that cancels each other out in regards to positive/negative elements
Getting Trevathan back would negate the Roquan loss, IMO. Pierre-Louis also had one of the best PFF grades among LB's in Week 14, FWIW. I know it could be different against a team game-planning against him and when they're not throwing on 95% of their plays trailing by multiple scores. On the other hand, I said that about Kwit.

Interested to see Trevathan's practice activity this week. Nagy was optimistic.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

Line on the Bears v. Packers opened at -7. Down to -5. Sounds like money is flowing to the Bears. Not buying the Packers crappy receivers or declining defense.
G08
Hall of Famer

Run the ball, stop the run. Keep the ball out of Rodgers' hands and I think we have a shot. Pettine runs a tricky scheme and it'll be a solid test for not only our O-line but our QB and WRs as well. Can they read the defense post-snap consistently and accurately? Will they always be on the same page?

I think this is the David Montgomery game and we will have to overcome a couple of bullshit calls that always go the Packers way.

Low scoring, might be kind of boring, but I just want the fucking W.

Bears 20
Packers 17
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS
VA_Mountain_Bear
Crafty Veteran

AZ_Bearfan wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:23 pm The NFC North torched was passed to us last year. This season so far hasn't gone to plan, but I still think we're the best team in the division.... records be damned. Plus this is my birthday weekend, so the Bears are going to keep their upward momentum and GB will continue to see what a mirage their 2019 season has been.

This is also my birthday weekend, on Saturday. There is nothing that would please me more than seeing the Bears win with Bisky outplaying Rodgers.
VA_Mountain_Bear
Crafty Veteran

Umbali wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:36 pm Bears 27
Pack 17
Hey there is something wrong with your avatar. The Gif keeps restarting the loop too soon. ;)
VA_Mountain_Bear
Crafty Veteran

This one has me conflicted. Rodgers is clearly slowing down, and outside of Adams, and the long bomb to Lazard, their WRs are garbage. We gotta stop their run game, but beware of the TEs, I think this game they are going to try to hit us with them often in the seam and short crossing routes over the middle. If Bisky plays like he did the last two weeks I think we will win this one by 2 scores. If not, it will be a field goal game.

Bisky rocks - Bears 34 Pack 20
Bisky average - Bears 23 Pack 21
G08
Hall of Famer

VA_Mountain_Bear wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:24 am
AZ_Bearfan wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:23 pm The NFC North torched was passed to us last year. This season so far hasn't gone to plan, but I still think we're the best team in the division.... records be damned. Plus this is my birthday weekend, so the Bears are going to keep their upward momentum and GB will continue to see what a mirage their 2019 season has been.

This is also my birthday weekend, on Saturday. There is nothing that would please me more than seeing the Bears win with Bisky outplaying Rodgers.
Early happy birthday to you, bud! Hope you get what you want!!
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS
Atkins&Rebel
Head Coach

Hicks and Mack terrorize Rodgers and he throws 2 int's with one going for a pick 6. Bears win 23-16.
I will kill you if you cut me at the knees. You will drink with me when invited and stay til I say so. We only listen to American Music. I make men nervous with just my presence. I expect an apology if you hold. I throw linemen at QB's. Believe the Lore!
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

VA_Mountain_Bear wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:27 am
Umbali wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:36 pm Bears 27
Pack 17
Hey there is something wrong with your avatar. The Gif keeps restarting the loop too soon. ;)
Dude!! I keep thinking the same thing. Total BS. I keep watching it hoping its going to change.