Hicks activated

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

BR0D1E86
MVP

BR0D1E86
MVP

Braunecker to IR to open the spot.
Last edited by BR0D1E86 on Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
G08
Hall of Famer

Yaaaaaaaaasssssssssssssssssssssssssss
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

BR0D1E86 wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:07 pm Braunecker to IR to open the spot.
That shocks me

Is his concussion really bad - enough to make him miss over 3 games (and that's major)?

Or they feel like they have enough at TE without him - meaning he's dropped below Holtz, Horstead, Sowell, and Saubert - and they don't care about his ST contributions anymore?
(I'm not a fan and couldn't believe the contract they gave him, so I wouldn't be upset, but it would definitely be a turnaround in sentiment by the staff)

Either one could be the beginning of the end of his time here

Maybe he's being careful about his brain and the team isn't happy about it?
1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.
G08
Hall of Famer

Moriarty wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:22 pm
That shocks me

Is his concussion really bad - enough to make him miss over 3 games (and that's major)?

Or they feel like they have enough at TE without him - meaning he's dropped below Holtz, Horstead, Sowell, and Saubert - and they don't care about his ST contributions anymore?
(I'm not a fan and couldn't believe the contract they gave him, so I wouldn't be upset, but it would definitely be a turnaround in sentiment by the staff)

I think they know what they have with him and want to see what Holtz and Horsted can do. Don't forget, we signed Saubert as well.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"
Mr.Irrelevant
Player of the Month

That shocks me

I think being released from the concussion protocol is done by independent doctors - which means he still hasn't been cleared to play. Otherwise he couldn't be placed on IR. So that must have been some hit he took in practice that day. Or maybe in the game but it wasn't diagnosed right away.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

I hope they put Hicks back on the shelf for the rest of the year. He was a warrior out there today, but it was clear he was in pain.
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

Mr.Irrelevant wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:56 pm

That shocks me

I think being released from the concussion protocol is done by independent doctors - which means he still hasn't been cleared to play. Otherwise he couldn't be placed on IR. So that must have been some hit he took in practice that day. Or maybe in the game but it wasn't diagnosed right away.
It's true that he has to be cleared. But some of what they base that on is tests and some is self-reported symptoms (or lack thereof).
So it's hypothetically possible for the result to be: the doctor reports the tests are all in the normal range, but the player still reports bouts of dizziness/nausea/whatever, so he can't return.

Moriarty
Hall of Famer

G08 wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:08 pm

That shocks me

I think they know what they have with him and want to see what Holtz and Horsted can do. Don't forget, we signed Saubert as well.
I'm comfortable with that reasoning, but I'm not sure about it being Nagy's thinking.
For one, he was still thinking playoffs prior to tonight, which conflicts with "let's start to evaluate guys".
And, if you're thinking about seeing what Holtz and Horsted have got, the time for that would have been weeks ago, IMO.