Off Season Work - Part 2 - RB/WR/TE

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

IE
Hall of Famer

I don't think they're going to release Floyd, if he'll be reasonable. Is Patterson on a one-year deal? If so too bad. He's an asset. He just has the green light on all kickoffs because Nagy is desperate.
2023 Chicago Bears... emerging from a long hibernation, and hungry!
AZ_Bearfan
MVP

I think Patterson was $10 mill this year and will be $5 mill next season. So he's a keeper for at least another season.
BR0D1E86
MVP

AZ_Bearfan wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 1:27 pm I think Patterson was $10 mill this year and will be $5 mill next season. So he's a keeper for at least another season.
Sportrac had his cap hit at 4.2 million this year, 5.75 next year. With 1 mil in dead cap next season
AZ_Bearfan
MVP

Really? I didn't actually look. Seems like a no-brainer to keep him.
EricTighe
MVP

This years draft is one for the ages at WR and TE. There will be value all over the board.
WR-
Robinson is a true number 1. Didn't like the signing when we did it but he has more than proven his worth.
Miller drops too many passes and fumbles a little too often for my liking and his blocking is horrendous. But he has looked better lately.
Wims really haven't seen enough to know what we have there.
Gabriel I like but not for the money we pay him.
Ridley answered all the questions to why he dropped in the draft. I hope he does improve. Doesn't look good though.
Patterson this is easy. KEEP HIM. Best special teams player in the game and a great and willing blocker for the offense. I love the fact he brings the ball out of the endzone. Wish he returned punts as well.
RB=
Think we have an issue at play calling so it doesn't matter who is back there. Personally I would love to see us go after Kareem Hunt. Nothing against what we have. Hunt has done all the right things and deserves a shot to be a star again.
TE-
Burton- Dead money or not cut his ass. One of the worst signings of Pace tenure. Get over it and move on.
Shaheen= When and if healthy you almost never see him. Cut him.
Holtz and Horstead I love what I have seen out of them. They make rookie blunders but the ability and desire look to be there.
Saubert and Bruaneker are serviceable as well. Not sure TE is a big need unless you are hoping for an elite TE.

If an elite WR is available in the second due to the strength of the class then grab one a bit early to be talking draft though. Stasy away from FA's at WR and TE. FA RB like Hunt I would be all over. Maybe Nagy having trust in what Hunt can do will make him try to run a little more.
wab
Mod

The exceedingly unrealistic expectation setting and over-reliance on Bears UDFA's emerging into something other than roster chum is something we as Bears fans have got to stop doing.