Roquan Smith crashes his Mercedes on icy roads

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

UOK
Site Admin

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/sports/ ... wt_CHBrand

Chicago Bears’ linebacker Roquan Smith was involved in a single-vehicle crash Tuesday in north suburban Lake Forest.

Authorities received a call of a crash about 9:30 a.m. at the intersection of Route 60 and Field Drive, Lake Forest Deputy Police Chief Rob Copeland said.

QB

Icy road conditions caused Smith to lose control of his white 2019 Mercedes-Benz as he attempted a turn and he hit a traffic pole, Copeland said.

He was not injured in the collision, and he was given a ride to Halas Hall, Copeland said. No citations were issued.

The Bears drafted Smith eighth overall in 2018, and he developed into one of their top players.

He had a chaotic season in 2019, when he started strongly but mysteriously missed a game in September. Smith returned and led the team in tackles despite suffering a season-ending torn pectoral muscle in a win over the Cowboys. He underwent surgery and is expected to be back for the start of training camp.
Xee
Site Admin

No citations? He got lucky.

Back in my college years on the way to class I took a turn too fast on a wet road (bald tires didn't help), jumped the curb, and knocked over a stop sign. My car got stuck on the portion of the sign post that was still in the ground and I had to call a tow truck to get it off. Campus police of course stopped by and gave me a ticket for driving too fast for the conditions or something along those lines and took away my license. Had to go to court and pay a fine to get it back.
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

Lance Briggs lessons?
wab
Mod

southdakbearfan wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:20 pm Lance Briggs lessons?
Not even remotely close to the same thing.