Reports: Nagy hires Bill Lazor as OC

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

G08
Hall of Famer

Considering Lazor’s success with the Dolphins — they averaged 24.3 points and 350.1 yards per game, which was the most in nearly 20 years — there’s a hope that the Bears offense could see a similar resurrection.

“He’s very detailed, and that’s something that goes a long way, especially being an offensive coordinator,” former Dolphins receiver Jarvis Landry said. “He wants to make sure that every guy is in the right place at the right time for the quarterback. It’s a quarterback-friendly system as well.”

Look no further than Titans quarterback Ryan Tannehill, who learned under Lazor during his time with the Dolphins. In 2014, Tannehill passed for 4,045 yards and a career-best 27 touchdowns.

“Bill did a great job,” Tannehill said. “I have a ton of respect for Bill and what he was able to do [during] my short time with Miami. He’s extremely intelligent, thoughtful. He does a great job of game-planning, and I wish him the best in Chicago.”

While Lazor won’t call plays (that remains Matt Nagy’s job), he’ll be heavily involved in the install and weekly game plan of the offense.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS